For moms of kids with neurological conditions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2003, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dh's doctor recently recommended flaxseed oil as a treatment for his rosacea, so I bought some at my co-op. When I began to do a bit of research, I read about its many potential benefits for all of us, but I was particularly interested to find that it has been found helpful in cases of neurological conditions. I read about ADHD and Tourette's, amongst others. Since my 7yo ds has Tourette's, I thought I'd give it a try. This morning I started him on a teaspoon(the recommended dose for him) in his morning juice. I also plan to incorporate it into other areas of our family's diet.

Well, I was just wondering if this is something any of you have tried. If so, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2003, 04:37 PM

Flaxseed oil is not something in particular that I have tried, but there have been quite a few studies recently which show the benefits of essential fatty acids.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:15 AM

I use it. I read an article out of a british publication (sorry, I'm a scatterbrain when it comes to sources. . . I read it, and if I trust it, I do it and forget the background. . . ) that suggested the use of flax in children dealing with ASD issues. My middle dd is on the mild end of the spectrum, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I found a marked improvement in her sensory issues, and so did my 5 year old (she has some mild sensory issues regarding smell and taste) I can tell when my DH forgets to give it with breakfast in the AM, b/c lunch doesn't get eaten.

So, I give them a spoonful every day in applesauce or smoothie, and I figure the worst that's happening is that they are getting a good dose of EFA's and I'm spending a bit of extra money. . .

User Tag List