Mothering Forum banner

my poor baby is so sick

684 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Cinder 
#1 ·
That he just wants to be held or sit and watch Little Einsteins.
He made it through speech therapy, but was practically falling asleep in my arms during the session. His therapist cut the session to only 30 minutes because all he wanted to do was read books. He was laying in my arms, sucking his thumb with his eyes closed, taking his thumb out of his mouth only when his ST asked him to say something.

He doesn't have any "symptoms," you can just tell he feels like crap. He's listless and tired and clingy. He will only nap in my bed with me resting my arm on his shoulder until he falls asleep. He's like dh, so he doesn't run fevers.
That sucks, I'd kind of like to "know" if he's "sick" sick, but I guess a fever would make me more neurotic.

Poor little bug.

I put on Little Einsteins and he perks up and smiles, though. It's rainy and yucky outside too.

See less See more
#3 ·
I put up his platform swing to try to entice him....so far it's a no go. I'm gonna go dig out the ball pit (we put it away to take out the crash pad a few mos. ago). If that's a no go, I'll pull out the big guns, aka the BEAN BIN!!

#5 ·
Seems to be perking up, dh is on his way home w/dinner, then after dinner we'll go out and about just to get out of the house.

He's been chasing the dog for a while.
Poor dog.

The no fever thing is really disconcerting. Ds had a raging double ear infection once and the only thing that alerted me to it is that "something's not right" feeling.

#6 ·
Finch -- Hugs to you and DS. Sickness is so hard, especially when symptoms are hard to pin down. Healing thoughts to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch View Post
I put up his platform swing to try to entice him....so far it's a no go. I'm gonna go dig out the ball pit (we put it away to take out the crash pad a few mos. ago). If that's a no go, I'll pull out the big guns, aka the BEAN BIN!!

And, I just have to add that I loved this list of things that might entice him and especially that the "big guns" is the bean bin -- totally terrific and I can SO relate!!!

be well all,
megin

#7 ·
Poor dog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch View Post
The no fever thing is really disconcerting. Ds had a raging double ear infection once and the only thing that alerted me to it is that "something's not right" feeling.
If it's any consolation, my 2nd ds doesn't run a fever until the last possible minute. It would be really nice if he would run the fever first. Before the vomitting. Before the infection spreads to his kidneys. But this never happens.

He goes from no fever to 105F. Yikes! Or rather
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.