anyone every heard of partial trisomy 3p - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2007, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son has this. we dont know what it causes. we know that there is a possibility of a lot of different things occuring, but his condition is a translocation of chromosome 3(22p) to X(q28)
anyone with this or know about it at least?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 AM

my dd has an unbalanced translocation involving 3p as well, she has a duplication of 3p24.3 - 3pter and she has a deletion of 18q23.

have you joined CDO yet? I don't think I've come across your son's exact karyotype on their website but it never hurts to join.

http://www.chromodisorder.org/CDO/

I've had a hell of a time finding much info on chromosome 3. (compared to 18, at least.) I did find a little something on trisomy 3- which I know is not what either of our kids have, but from what I researched, a duplication sometimes will have a few of the same characteristics of a full trisomy, which makes sense. Now, figuring out which issues come from which part of each chromosome, and therefore how it will be expressed in our kiddos, is where I just can't get the answers. and reading about the trisomy is just plain stressful- I tortured myself many times when dd was an infant, trying to figure out what might happen to her. she's doing very well, all things considered.

does he have a deletion on X?

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 03-25-2014, 07:46 PM

I think it's been a while since your post but I found it on my own search for information on partial trisomy 3p, my 4 year old daughter has this along with partial monosomy 9p. She is doing fairly well, she is developmentally delayed, she rolled over at 9 months, walked at 2.5 and started running at 4. She is not speaking more than imitating words and sounds and her words aren't clear. We took a class at the institutes for the achievement of human potential in Philadelphia last summer whic was really encouraging, they have helped many delayed kids with a simple yet time consuming program- we don't do it perfectly but we do think it has offered some improvement, especially in her vision, her eyes weren't tracking together but now they are together most of the time! The book to read before the class is called "what to do about your brain injured child". Don't be offended by the title, that's the term they use for any delay, it is all in the brain. Please update us on your little one that you were asking about so we can learn more from you!

User Tag List