ready to strangle (EC) preschool coordinator - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-27-2007, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm ready to strangle this woman. I really really am. I still don't know what days ds will be attending school (it's a 4 day a week program), and if he'll be in the morning or afternoon session. TEACCH has 2 slots open for sessions this fall, and they will NOT stay open forever, and they need to know if we can accept one of the slots. I ALSO may or may not need to rearrange ds's private OT schedule for the school year, but again BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW his schedule, that's up in the air too.

I have called the *#@!! twice this week, and once at the end of the school year (about 6 weeks ago), and she has never ONCE bothered to call me back. Not even a CALL BACK!!! I left a msg this time, trying to sound slightly snippy yet cordial so she would understand I'M GETTING PISSED.

I talked to my bf who's a teacher at ds's school, and she said if I have to call this woman again, to tell her I want to call an IEP meeting immediately because no one will give me answers. It is NOT a difficult question to answer....what days of the week will he be in school, and will it be morning or afternoon session?? School starts in a month. I mean my GOD, it's not like I'm asking her what this year's cirriculum will be or to change ds's in class therapies or anything difficult. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHEN HE'LL BE IN SCHOOL.

Is it really too much to ask for a damn CALL BACK?? Really??!!?? Ugh. I hate unprofessional conduct.

/rant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 04:13 PM

:

Just showing my support!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 07-27-2007, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
:

Just showing my support!
So you'll testify at my trial if I end up duct taping this woman to a ceiling fan and covering her in tar and feathers, right? :
Old 07-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
So you'll testify at my trial if I end up duct taping this woman to a ceiling fan and covering her in tar and feathers, right? :
Sure! I'll probably be on trial for doing the same thing to various irritants in my own life. :

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Could she by chance not be in the office yet because of summer?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:20 PM

All I have to say is that it SU*KS!:

Utterly UNprofessional! :

SHAME ON HER!

Mary

[FONT="Tahoma"][B]Mary:::, mommy to Devon girl: 3.30.2006 and Smile Miles 2.24.2009, a funky little monkey!
Old 07-27-2007, 07:10 PM

Should we start a Paypal fund for duct tape?

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan&jordansmommy View Post
Could she by chance not be in the office yet because of summer?
Nope. She's in the office all summer, because our EC program has summer classes for preschoolers.

Well her spidey sense must have been tingling, because she had one of her "assistants" call me back. I must have sounded quite peeved.

So he's going to be in the morning program (yay!) Tues-Fri (yay!). Now we can finally plan our lives.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 PM

I'm glad you got answers.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
Old 07-28-2007, 12:58 AM

If it helps, that always happens to me, too. Dd had only ST this summer, once a week. I had to rearrange vacation and camp schedules to accommodate it. Then, they didn't even call me until I'd called them several times and the day after the program started, so she missed a session. It's always like this, but I've found it's usually because the people doing the scheduling haven't had all the information filter through all the bureaucratic channels. It's not really their fault, although it's amazing how a few phone calls in a row will suddenly make the information appear.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:20 PM

Pass the duct tape! Same thing happened to me about getting into a charter school that had an opening at the last minute. I just want someone to call me back!! Don't they understand that they have the NEXT TEN YEARS (K2 - 8) of my child's life in their hands!!?? That said, it does help to be polite but PERSISTENT! Glad it worked out for you!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:04 PM

Grrr. I'm having similar issues with my editor. Unrelated, but since we're ranting...

User Tag List