feeding solids and my nearly 23mth old SID toddler - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2007, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have recently made a breakthrough!! ds will eat applesauce and yoghurt (with some fruit purees mixed in to add extra food and calories heh). He will only eat one food at each sitting, and he only eats once a day, the rest of the time he just gets breastmilk. Sometimes he wont even eat solid food, he just shows no interest in eating, and even when we are eating our dinner in front of him, he shows no interest in trying anything or eating with us.

He will sometimes eat animal crackers (i have tryed other healthier versions, no go, animals crackers it is) and : gerber fruit and vege puffs, along with their freeze dried mini fruit apples. But he is back and forth on if he will accept those foods or not.

My main question is really, how did you add in more variety? more texture etc. He is still prodominatly eating purees and soft foods. And when hes not eating that, its crunchy foods only. We are going to try a few pasta items and vegetables, but he has allergies to, so everything we try seems to backfire on us.

Like he used to eat teddy grahams, loved them, but we figured out he was getting a contact allergic reaction from the cinnamon ones, and the honey ones gave him the runs and a daiper rash. We tryed table food while at a resturuant, and he loved it that one time, but had an allergic reaction, and now wont touch any table food we offer.

I'm just starting to feel like a bad parent, because I look around at everyone else in public, and their kids who are younger than ds are chowing down eating huge amounts, and my ds is barely eating. (and btw, we have offered chicken nuggets and fries at mcd's before as an experiement.... he refused them and ate the animal crackers )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

bump anyone??

ETA: he just started self feeding with a spoon, and is doing pretty well at it.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 PM

My son's eating aversions didn't pop up until he was older and by then it was easy to talk to him about things. I have a book that is good plus I've heard the author speak and she was realy quite inspirational.

Here's the book information

Just Take A Bite
Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoAs View Post
My son's eating aversions didn't pop up until he was older and by then it was easy to talk to him about things. I have a book that is good plus I've heard the author speak and she was realy quite inspirational.

Here's the book information

Just Take A Bite
Thanks for the book link!!!I'll look for it at our library

User Tag List