Forum Jump: 

#421 of 440 Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
The Video of James.......Amazing and heartbreaking.
OMG

Even with the wonderful words you used to describe, I no idea what a beautiful child he was.
#422 of 440 Old 10-16-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Just had to post that Elisabeth did a wonderful job capturing James at his memorial service yesterday. It was so incredibly beautiful that there are hardly words to describe it. During the candle lighting service I couldn't find a dry eye anywhere. It was amazing the love that surrounded her and her family. What an amazing mom! Elisabeth......your ability to comfort others while dealing with your unimaginable sadness is one reason there are so many people who think the world of you. I am so proud to be your friend
I second that! As I watched you in action, Elisabeth, it was so amazing how well you worked to put other people at ease. And I don't think you know just how much of an effect you have on others. Just look at this 15,000 views!! I, too, am so proud to be your friend
#423 of 440 Old 10-17-2007, 12:08 AM

Reading all of these posts, viewing the video, etc - Elisabeth I want you to know how much you continue to truly inspire me. I think of you daily and I hope that you are doing as best as can be expected. Hugs again to you momma.
#424 of 440 Old 10-24-2007, 07:45 PM

#425 of 440 Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. Truly.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#426 of 440 Old 10-24-2007, 10:09 PM

Elisabeth, your feelings re: grief of NT child versus SN seem, to me anyway, very normal.

You've been through hell, if expressing yourself here, in a safe place, helps you in any way, please do so. No judgment here.

I am still keeping you in my prayers.
#427 of 440 Old 10-24-2007, 11:26 PM

Oh G-d. The montage was beautiful Elizabeth. Is there anything you need that any of us can help you with?
#428 of 440 Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 AM

I just wanted to say that your post really made me think hard about my life and not rushing through it, just enjoying each moment and putting family first.

You and your family are in my thoughts, sending you peace.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#429 of 440 Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Elisabeth, I've never known you and tonite you and James changed my life. Thanks for sharing the joys and disappointments of your beautiful James' life and the your feelings in all their purity. The way you describe your grieving process answered many questions I never dared ask someone close to me, and in a more eloquent way than I could ever have envisioned.

Your James was a beautiful boy. I will not forget his mischievous smile :
#430 of 440 Old 10-30-2007, 06:54 PM

I just came upon this thread, and I'm crying after reading your story. I truly wish you peace and healing, and want you to know that seeing your beautiful boy's smiling face has made me appreciate this day all the more.
#431 of 440 Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. It makes me feel so much better for a few moments when people say that James affected them in some way. He had such a limited sphere of influence, as a child and especially as a non-verbal SN child....to hear that someone is thinking of him, or notices his sweetness in his smile, or has incorporated part of our experience with him....that all feels really, really good. I'm glad to know he means something to more people than just a few family, friends, and teachers.

#432 of 440 Old 11-01-2007, 12:03 PM

I am so sorry you lost your son James. There are no words to describe how sad I am for you. I watched the photo montage, & I have to tell you- I have never seen a kid look happier! Joy just radiated from him in every picture. It really blessed my heart to be able to look at his sweet face.

I have been busy & not online as much as usual, & I totally missed that James was sick. A real life friend was telling me she read about him passing & my heart sank. As soon as I got home, I came here immediately.

I am glad that you are able to think of James with your mom- that must be such a comfort to you. I can imagine their joyous reunion.

Please take care of yourself, & know that seeing James' bright sweet smile has changed me. I won't forget his face or his name.

#433 of 440 Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
Thanks. It makes me feel so much better for a few moments when people say that James affected them in some way. He had such a limited sphere of influence, as a child and especially as a non-verbal SN child....to hear that someone is thinking of him, or notices his sweetness in his smile, or has incorporated part of our experience with him....that all feels really, really good. I'm glad to know he means something to more people than just a few family, friends, and teachers.
I think it goes without saying that for most of us here, James (and you) has affected us deeply and for life. I think so often of his story, I tell friends and family, read parts of your posts to DH, and it has changed the way I'm approaching my own story. It's James and his lovely light, and it's also you and your stunning honesty and courage. Please do know that you and James have forever affected me, and I'll bet most all of those 15,000 people who viewed your story feel similarly.
#434 of 440 Old 11-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Elizabeth, I was out of town at the time of your posting about James. It was heartbreaking and emotional and seeing the beautiful tribute to James was such a gift you shared with all of us. I had wanted to post a note to you to say that you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers, too, but then, unfortunately, the original posting flowed to other pages, so I pm'd you instead...am not sure if you got it or not. Our family wanted to make a donation in honor of James and I wanted to verify the name of the organization that you thought would help other children with similar background that your precious James had. Continued blessings and love to you and your family.
#435 of 440 Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Oh gosh, Julie anne, I'm sorry. I must have missed it, or read it and moved on to something else, but then forgotten I didn't reply. To be honest, there is so much to do on this side of his death (thank you cards, particularly, and other big decisions to be made), that I sit here feeling kind of paralyzed. I spend time on MDC, and read my kids lots of books, and choose to do all sorts of things, rather than do the detail "work" of anything related to James' death. I like looking at the things that remind me of his life, in a way, but when it comes to anything post-memorial I definitely notice I'm avoiding something.

I'll go back and look, and if I can't find it I'll send you a PM.

And thanks, joesmom and kchoffman, for your words. Joesmom--you're right about James and joy. I've never known another individual who experienced it more purely, or who let it find him so easily. I think experiencing that joy, through James, was one of the greatest gifts I was given as his Mom.

#436 of 440 Old 11-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Elisabeth, thank you for being you.

I've been at a loss as to what to tell you. You lost your son. That's just so awful. No mother should know that pain.

Please accept the biggest hug from me...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#437 of 440 Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM

I watched the montage last night, and God, he is a beautiful child.

Thank you, Elizabeth, for sharing him with us. I know he is a gorgeous angel now.

Mom to two amazing boys, C (July 2005) and D (May 2010)

Founder/leader of a Babywearing group, and loving it!

#438 of 440 Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM

oh my goodness, I don't know how I missed this as it happened, and there are no words. I am so sorry for your loss, so touched by your honest writing and the love in the photos. I'm grateful for all the kind people at the crossroads when you needed them in the hospital and memorial. They're inspiring too.

I am resolved to do better for my kids, and have shown my husband so this can speak to him the same way and make this a new day for our family. We always let life and hassle keep us from "getting out and living" like your traveling and apple-picking examples.

I kept crying and having to re-read as I got through this thread, my husband had to stop because he can't be crying at work, but I promise, we'll keep at it until we've absorbed and pondered all we can from your messages. Your boy looks lots like mine. Same age and glasses.

Berkeley mom of 3 and President of Tender Cargo Baby Gear
and The Nurture Center Store and Resource Center 3399 Mt Diablo Bl Lafayette CA 888-998-BABY
#439 of 440 Old 11-11-2007, 01:04 AM

thank you for sharing james's story.
#440 of 440 Old 11-11-2007, 02:18 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page