Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: in my snuggly house
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope it is just Toxic Synovitis.
If you look at my previous posts, DD has CP and was given that dx a few months ago because we took her to the ER because her gait got incredibly worse seemingly overnight. For her, the situation is way different and it is obviously something very different than what you are facing.
They will likely tell you that he has Toxic or Transient Synovitis. It sounds a lot scarier than it really is.
Toxic Synovitis will go away within 10 days. The best way to treat it is with rest and ibuprofien. It will not harm them or cause any long term problems.
In a way, I wish that DD actually did have Toxic Synovitis instead of what we are facing.