Mothering Forum banner

Re: the urgent care clinic

500 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  sbgrace 
#1 ·
I wrote previously about the urgent care clinic. We haven't gone yet. DH wants us to wait until after exams (we are both students) but that is another 3 weeks. Did I tell you the part about the scissors yet? Well anyways things are getting bad and I told him we shouldn't wait any longer. I have bipolar too and I can't sit back and watch him suffer, especially when I know exactly how he feels. DH sees DS's behaviour and its affect on us or on the girls but what he doesn't understand is that it is not just about how its affecting us, its about how its affecting Elijah. And he is miserable. We have to get a referral and then if they consider it urgent we would get in to see them in 24-72 hours. I want to go get the referral tonight (we have to go to a walk-in clinic because we don't have a family doctor) and DH wants to wait. What would you do?

#6 ·
Go. You can tell your professors what is going on and get an extension on your exams. Most schools around the world have policies for help with medical emergencies. The health of your child is way more important. Most schools realize that. As long as you have documentation of your situation (a note from one of his physicians or therapists would be good), you should be able to get an extension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.