Forum Jump: 

#91 of 100 Old 12-07-2007, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntLavender View Post
her comments were not.

We shop at Goodwill. Occasionally a Grandma will give each of my children $1!?! We are not poor. We don't dress that bad do we? I do drive a 17yo car but it doesn't have rust or anything and I wax it and keep it running smoothly.

It takes all kinds eh?

Sincerely,
Debra
Old ladies around here always give my kids pennies or nickels. I don't think they do it b/c we look poor. I think they just like giving the kids something for them to feel special. KWIM?
#92 of 100 Old 12-07-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1221 View Post
Old ladies around here always give my kids pennies or nickels. I don't think they do it b/c we look poor. I think they just like giving the kids something for them to feel special. KWIM?

Old ladies do that sort of thing around here too. Once I was at a Walmart and a nice lady came over and handed me some quarters for the kids to ride on one of those little rides they sometimes have. She did it just so that the kids could have a bit of fun. In some ways I guess it is nice that people notice and take the time to offer a bit of kindness.

Not sure about the OP but I guess the lady could have just made rude comments and walked away.
#93 of 100 Old 12-07-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebeeglee View Post
Yeah, looks like we need a Donate Paypal button for the board for the same reason...
:

my daughter gets handed stuff from time to time. i try not to take it personally, i just like to think that she is a very charming cutie-pie. i know that most anyone that meets her often likes her instantly anyway. i should add that she is also pretty thin, just like the OP's son... and she has that poofy belly too. let me know if you'd like a pic so we can decide on a reason as to why she is handed stuff.

hey, $60 in one week is not bad... not bad at all.
#94 of 100 Old 12-07-2007, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1221 View Post
I am 100% sure this came out of love and it wasn't a comment meant to make you feel guilty for trying to buy a bunch of drinks. I hope now that you've calmed down you can see this.
.... thats kind of why i added the edit in my original post
#95 of 100 Old 12-07-2007, 03:31 PM

I agree that it sounds like the woman was intending only to be kind. But I can also see how that could make you feel awful, so I'm glad you're feeling better about it. The comment on this thread about the soda, though? Wow. Way to kick a sister when she's down.
#96 of 100 Old 12-07-2007, 11:52 PM

Well I don't have much to add that hasn't been said, but I wanted to say that your son looks great! He looks healthy and happy. My DS looks exactly the same --- okay photoshop out his face in the picture and insert my kid's face. Your son is very handsome.

I just wanted to say too that I agree that people are so judgmental. My son barely eats anything. He is 2.5 and still eats pureed spoon fed food. When I do this in public I get so many stares. I barely eat out any more.

Glad to hear about the $60. Hell, people here in armpit Arkansas are way too cheap and self-absorbed to help another person out, so I know we won't be getting any assistance. I say enjoy the random kindness of the money and ignore the comments. Heck, I'd milk it for all it's worth... have your son grip his tummy and tell everyone how hungry he is.... j/k
#97 of 100 Old 12-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Banned

I'm crazy and give people the benefit of the doubt. Your card didn't work (btdt) and your kids looked skinny (bt, are that). I'd like to think that the woman was only trying to help you out.

Your ds is on the slender side but does not look too skinny. FTR, my kids are really skinny not for lack of food but genetics. DD is 5'6" and just barely 90 lbs. The girl eats, I promise. Ds is much the same. What can you do when it is just the way they are
#98 of 100 Old 12-09-2007, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthesmilingone View Post
What can you do when it is just the way they are
i agree
#99 of 100 Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 PM

your baby is absolutely beautiful.

i think that the composition of breast-fed kids is different than formula-fed...all of mine were thin...a better way to say it is that they had no excess fat. their bodies properly used all of what went in...

my littlest is low tone, and she's only 33.5 pounds at four and seven months...

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...0/t_=111175490

we were at children's hospital once, and a little girl walked up and pressed a twenty in my hand. "my mommy said to give this to you..." as she turned and ran.

whatever her reasoning, whether she meant to be rude or snarky or sweet or nice...i'd take it how i personally wanted to. hey, it's not like she's family, lol.
#100 of 100 Old 12-10-2007, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

your little girl is so beautiful! - thats true, no one elses opinions really matter unless they know the full story!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page