Only in an SN parent's world - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 137 Old 12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
 
Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In Aspieville
Posts: 6,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when you can be heard trying to redirect your child to stop and listen, please look at me (and just wait a freakin second!!!) as she tries to jam her arm in the neck hole of a sweater for the 10th time in just 2 seconds.

when your child punches you in the face while you're "helping" them put on a glove

when your child then lays there like limp spaghetti while you're trying to put shoes on her, while you're taking deep breaths and repeating, "Please push your foot in the shoe. Push! Come on.. push!"

when just putting shoes on her takes at least 15 minutes and by that time you're exhausted and don't really feel like going anywhere, but... there is no changing your mind once you've said it. Because.. you said it!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Nature is offline  
#62 of 137 Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 PM
 
Mama_in_Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peekyboo View Post
When you liken dressing your child to dressing a drunk monkey.
LMAO.. I pictured my son when I read this!
Mama_in_Maine is offline  
#63 of 137 Old 12-14-2007, 08:25 PM
 
MaryCeleste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your child has had so many x-rays, CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds, and radioactive contrast studies, you wonder if he/she is going to start developing funky superpowers.
MaryCeleste is offline  
#64 of 137 Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 PM
 
KimPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You are happy when a food placed in front of him doesn't make him anxious or scream.

You get excited that he will even touch a food - any food - without gagging or throwing up, even if it doesn't make it to his lips (it never does).

You order the ONE baby food puree that he will eat - by the case - way after he should have stopped eating baby food purees.

You are blamed for your child's eating disorders because he's not weaned yet.

You are familiar with all the latest oral motor tools, you have bought some of them, and you know how to use them.

You wonder how all the other SN mamas have time to be reading and posting here.

Kim mama to DS 12/2005, Pepper kitty , and 10/03, 1/05;
KimPM is offline  
#65 of 137 Old 12-15-2007, 03:31 PM
 
wonderwahine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: wi fi didnt do it!
Posts: 17,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimPM View Post
You are blamed for your child's eating disorders because he's not weaned yet.
I just got this from the speech therapist when she came to eval. and my parents gladly agree with her

when your 2yr old is carrying rattles and teething rings for therapy purposes (or a vibrator )
wonderwahine is offline  
#66 of 137 Old 12-15-2007, 06:07 PM
 
RedOakMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: A little stone house
Posts: 6,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When your severely autistic child takes an unexpected interest in something in October, and you think "wow! I finally have an idea of what to theme his birthday on"....in February.

Seriously. Ds1 and Ds2 (James) COMBINED, as twins, usually took an interest in one or two things a year. Taking an interest in ANYTHING, no matter how small or how fleeting, is a BIG BIG deal.

And so it is that because ds1 hummed a song for a couple of weeks in October, his birthday party is going to be themed on "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
RedOakMomma is offline  
#67 of 137 Old 12-15-2007, 06:11 PM
 
RedOakMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: A little stone house
Posts: 6,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
when your 2yr old is carrying rattles and teething rings for therapy purposes (or a vibrator )
Oh, totally! Ds1's big gift for this Christmas is a vibrating "snake".... my in-laws' eyebrows are going to shoot through the ceiling when they see him with that!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
RedOakMomma is offline  
#68 of 137 Old 12-15-2007, 06:13 PM
 
FancyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How great! This is a sticky now!

Thank you, moderator extraordinaire :
FancyD is offline  
#69 of 137 Old 12-15-2007, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
Kodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: in my snuggly house
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD has a pink, rubbery, hello kitty vibrator she chews on for oral stimulation. She loves it. Yes, it was clean and NEW before I got it for her.


Yes. I got it for her.

Why? Well, she found our box of toys one day (they are cleaned after each use ) and well decided one of mine was cool and wanted to chew it. That would not do. So I got her one of her own.



So yes, my 3 year old has a pink hello kitty vibrator.


I must have a suite in mommy hell.
Kodama is offline  
#70 of 137 Old 12-15-2007, 11:49 PM
 
Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In Aspieville
Posts: 6,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodama View Post
DD has a pink, rubbery, hello kitty vibrator she chews on for oral stimulation. She loves it. Yes, it was clean and NEW before I got it for her.

I have to get one of those for Ivy! She calls her "Kitty Hello" She would love it!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Nature is offline  
#71 of 137 Old 12-16-2007, 02:14 AM
 
blsilva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierdan'sMom View Post
When you tell the Dr. that your MD is from the Univ. of Google.
: I'm still working on my degree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelie View Post
you get so tired of explaining your kids behavior to various people in her life, you create a "manual," print multiple copies, and distribute to friends, family, neighbors, and new therapists."
I am so tempted to do this for Christmas this year, and hand them out at every family gathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausicaamom View Post
You come to terms with the fact that going out with a mothers group is a study in frustration because you'll be chasing your child the whole time while all the other women are chatting as their children play quietly in front of them.
.
I have definitely been there. Then they talk about your horrible parenting skills while you're up chasing your kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly mama View Post
All foods are finger foods -- including soup.
Oh, yes, its not just me! My ds eats everything with his fingers! Utensils are an entirely foreign concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
when you can be heard trying to redirect your child to stop and listen, please look at me (and just wait a freakin second!!!) as she tries to jam her arm in the neck hole of a sweater for the 10th time in just 2 seconds.

when your child punches you in the face while you're "helping" them put on a glove

when your child then lays there like limp spaghetti while you're trying to put shoes on her, while you're taking deep breaths and repeating, "Please push your foot in the shoe. Push! Come on.. push!"

when just putting shoes on her takes at least 15 minutes and by that time you're exhausted and don't really feel like going anywhere, but... there is no changing your mind once you've said it. Because.. you said it!
All of this.


Oh, add me to the list of people who:

-secretly looks for signs of neurodiversity in every child she sees (found a kid today at the theater who was so obviously on the spectrum; rejoiced in his enjoyment of the movie, then felt sad because of the constant stream of "SHHHH!" coming from his family. Then carefully monitored my own shushing of ds

-thinks most tv characters have a dx somewhere in their histories. At my house, we are convinced that Spongebob is an Aspie.

Homeschooling mom of 2 rambunctious, loving, spectacular boys, wife to an incredible man who has been my best friend on this journey <3

 

 

blsilva is offline  
#72 of 137 Old 12-31-2007, 08:18 PM
 
Spanish Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your 13 y/o son still needs a kiss before bed.

Your 10 y/o daughter can handle stress better than your 15 y/o.

The biggest power struggle in your house is not about makeup or violent video games or curfews, but about eating breakfast.

Your son screams at you and you are happy that he is using his words.

You wonder what other mothers DO all day.

You can't watch certain disney movies because they scare your oldest.

You have forgotten what public humiliation is.

You have three different diagnoises you use when discussing your child with teachers and other parents, depending on how well they know your child and what they need to know.

You are unnerved when your typical child makes eye contact with you.

Your daughter wants a lead blanket for her birthday.

You've decided that crow tastes rather nice, actually. Lord knows you've eaten enough of it.
Spanish Rose is offline  
#73 of 137 Old 12-31-2007, 08:48 PM
 
peekyboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: crocheting a new tinfoil hat
Posts: 2,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, new one from me -

When you turn and thank your child for doing something odd for the EEG, after finding out it was abnormal.
peekyboo is offline  
#74 of 137 Old 12-31-2007, 11:14 PM
 
wonderwahine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: wi fi didnt do it!
Posts: 17,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
only in a SN parents world are you happy when your child licks a library book!

and you know exactly which store has the cheapest generic pediasure
wonderwahine is offline  
#75 of 137 Old 01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
 
amethystrse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Meadow, NY
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG this is an awesome thread! I'm having trouble comming up with a few that haven't been said yet so if I repeat then please forgive me.

- You stand in line at the store and don't even bat an eyelash as ds is licking your arm. You tell the surprised customers behind you that he's simply not on his meds that day.

- You get excited and call everyone when dd uses a new sign or word or does anything normalish.

- Cleaning up poop off of walls is a daily thing that you're used to. You don't even think anything of it until someone points out that it's not normal.

- Running out of anything on the favorite foods list will ultimatly result in head banging against the walls.

- You're surprised you actually have any walls left after all the head banging.

- You don't hang up the phone because your child is screaming, you simply do what you need to do without losing a beat in conversation. Whoever is on the other line doesn't understand why or how.

- You know better than to change the TV station...EVER.

- You wonder what having "normal" kids would be like and don't hide your envy of the mothers of those children.

- You know what a sensory gym actually is.

- You covet sleep and wonder if you're ever going to get enough.

That's all for now. I can probably think of a few more but dd is tugging at me.
amethystrse is offline  
#76 of 137 Old 01-07-2008, 10:35 AM
 
lauratheexplorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyD View Post
Only in a SN world will you eat so much crow about 'how you're going to parent' that you start making your own wine to go with it.
Do you have a good recipe for crow?! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausicaamom View Post
You find yourself wanting to tell acquaintances that your child is autistic so you don't get labeled as a bad/ineffective parent but you don't because then you have to deal with the incredulous, "But he's so social/he smiles/he laughs/he hugs...ad nauseum.

You love going to evaluations because the evaluators give you feedback that confirm your own observations and you don't feel like a crazy person because he's so social/smiles/laughs/hugs, etc.
Yes. This is totally us. I found the biggest thing about getting a diagnosis was feeling like I could get the "not insane" tattoo I had been wanting. And for a while, I did tell random people what was going on with him just for the sake that I finally had something concrete to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
-"Please stop licking the car."

-When your 2 yo is starting to pass your 4.5 yo developmentally.

-When you learn not to talk outloud about the future. EVER. Because when there is no concept of time, saying "Tomorrow we're going to the playground." just means that you've now ruined your today. (playground! playground! we go! playground!.. no tomorrow we're going. ... PLAYGROUND PLAYGROUND PLAYGROUND PLAYGROUND, daylong tantrum follows) You have the evil eye good and ready for anyone in your house that violates this talking about the future rule.
Yes, this is all us. Cameron is 6.5 and we haven't talked about the future in years. I shot needles from my eyes at the inlaws recently for "suggesting" Burger King for lunch, "Well. Now you're going there. Have fun!"

And my addition...

--When you know how old everyone who works at the grocery store is, if they have any children, their ages, and if they like the Star Wars Lego video game.

--you roll your eyes when people say incredulously, "Well. He's certainly NOT shy!" as your 6 year old chats amicably with only the adults in the room.

Laura, Mom of Cameron 07/01, Evan 01/08, and Madeline 07/09. Busy, but very happy! :
lauratheexplorer is offline  
#77 of 137 Old 01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
 
AndVeeGeeMakes3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the Lovely South, Y'all.
Posts: 1,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune6 View Post
Your DS takes off his poopy diaper and ends up smearing it all over but you are elated because you find a poopy wipe which means he was trying to clean himself (woo hoo!!)
Or you're just so thrilled to see poop at all that you don't mind cleaning it up!

Or you've quit worrying about telling people what her trach does and started just telling them it's a necklace. . . . And you don't hesitate grabbing somebody else's kid who decides they'd like to take that necklace.

Or you answer that stranger's pitying, "Oh is she okay?" question with, "Yep, just fine, and you?"

Or you've quit worrying about the vomit streaks on your clothing "as long as it doesn't smell too bad."

Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.
AndVeeGeeMakes3 is offline  
#78 of 137 Old 01-17-2008, 02:11 AM
 
Arwyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twitter, RMB, PDX
Posts: 16,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh yes - the "Yep he's just fine!" Absolutely.

Some of mine:

You know the phlebotomists at your lab of choice who are OK with your baby and those who aren't, and you know the work schedule of those who aren't (fortunately they're the minority for us).

You know which labs will do infants - and which will torture your child in the name of a blood draw and you are Never Going There Again.

You argue with your child's specialist about the interpretation of lab results. (And you compare them to your own results )

You do this when you discover your child will now just eat his pills, and you can dispense with the crushing and spoon feeding.

You ask the person your child just spit up on what color it is, in case you need to re-pill them. (And only as an afterthought offer a rag to clean it up.)
Arwyn is offline  
#79 of 137 Old 01-17-2008, 03:09 AM
 
mamaverdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly mama View Post

You LOVE "sick kid camp" -- seriously, it's my favorite place on the entire planet.

<snip>

The chief resident invites you to rounds to talk about your child because "she's so interesting . . . and frankly, you know way more than I do"
to the 2nd. Where is sick kid camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryCeleste View Post
* Your child has had so many x-rays, CT scans, and contrast studies, you wonder if she might start to glow in the dark, or develop funky superpowers.

* While walking through the toy section of the department store, you subconsciously evaluate the dolls for dysmorphic features.

Cabbage Patch Kids: deep-set eyes; micrognathia
Precious Moments: hypertelorism
Bratz: ptosis; some sort of rare torso-shortening skeletal dysplasia
to the first, and OMG! : to the second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodama View Post
So yes, my 3 year old has a pink hello kitty vibrator.


I must have a suite in mommy hell.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn View Post

You know which labs will do infants - and which will torture your child in the name of a blood draw and you are Never Going There Again.



Adding:

It's a day of mourning when the best phlebotomist leaves and goes to Quest. You can only go to LabCorp.

You know who to call in your company to get them to appeal that which the insurance stillllll hasn't paid for.

Your child has more than one kind of neurologist.

You know every pediatrician in town.

You have the home phone of your specialists and the cel phone of your ped.

No one gives you a lecture when they find out your child isn't vaccinated.

You spend more money in copays than you do in groceries.
mamaverdi is offline  
#80 of 137 Old 01-19-2008, 12:36 AM
 
bdavis337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sleep Deprivation, USA
Posts: 6,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You say things to your toddler like "don't choke yourself while you're eating. Wait until all the food is gone, then you can choke yourself". Or, "no, put your fingers in your own mouth. The baby doesn't want to be gagged right now".
bdavis337 is offline  
#81 of 137 Old 01-19-2008, 02:48 AM
 
blsilva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
-when your 5yo runs down the hallway screaming in terror, "I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm scared!".

Because he is watching Backyardigans. :

And after ascertaining that the remote did not accidentally tune itself to Saw, I find out that he is scared because Queen Uniqua might be mad at Tyrrone and Pablo.

Homeschooling mom of 2 rambunctious, loving, spectacular boys, wife to an incredible man who has been my best friend on this journey <3

 

 

blsilva is offline  
#82 of 137 Old 01-19-2008, 03:34 PM
 
fairejour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsilva View Post

-thinks most tv characters have a dx somewhere in their histories. At my house, we are convinced that Spongebob is an Aspie.

We tell DD that Donald Duck is deaf, and that is why he talks like that! Also, Dumbo is the Deaf child of hearing parents and his momma loves him just the way he is. Dumbo never says a word
fairejour is offline  
#83 of 137 Old 01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
 
Spanish Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsilva View Post
-when your 5yo runs down the hallway screaming in terror, "I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm scared!".

Because he is watching Backyardigans. :

And after ascertaining that the remote did not accidentally tune itself to Saw, I find out that he is scared because Queen Uniqua might be mad at Tyrrone and Pablo.
Sweet Pea can't go into the Disney store or watch half of their movies. too scary. We've had our share of those moments.
Spanish Rose is offline  
#84 of 137 Old 01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
 
AndVeeGeeMakes3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the Lovely South, Y'all.
Posts: 1,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
when you can be heard trying to redirect your child to stop and listen, please look at me (and just wait a freakin second!!!) as she tries to jam her arm in the neck hole of a sweater for the 10th time in just 2 seconds.

when your child punches you in the face while you're "helping" them put on a glove

when your child then lays there like limp spaghetti while you're trying to put shoes on her, while you're taking deep breaths and repeating, "Please push your foot in the shoe. Push! Come on.. push!"

when just putting shoes on her takes at least 15 minutes and by that time you're exhausted and don't really feel like going anywhere, but... there is no changing your mind once you've said it. Because.. you said it!
Oh, AMEN - I feelin' it. So feelin' it.

Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.
AndVeeGeeMakes3 is offline  
#85 of 137 Old 01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned
 
jauncourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The edge of the world
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Rose View Post
Sweet Pea can't go into the Disney store or watch half of their movies. too scary. We've had our share of those moments.
DS2 is terrified of ... Totoro. Not the roaring parts, the dancing around the seedlings part.

I don't understand. DS1 (who for sure has sensory issues and behavioral issues and, and, and) loves Totoro. DS2 is apparently NT, so I have NO CLUE.

Maura
jauncourt is offline  
#86 of 137 Old 01-25-2008, 12:46 AM
 
cchrissyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Berkeley CA
Posts: 2,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you guys are totally lightening my day. I can't think of anything to add but my thanks

Berkeley mom of 3 and President of Tender Cargo Baby Gear
and The Nurture Center Store and Resource Center 3399 Mt Diablo Bl Lafayette CA 888-998-BABY
cchrissyy is offline  
#87 of 137 Old 02-13-2008, 01:21 PM
 
mamamelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in the kitchen..
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when your 3yo shoves all the food she possibly can in her mouth and lets it all sit there for a minute or two until she can no longer hold it, then just spits it out on her shirt and watches it tumble down to the ground.

when your child has a HUGE fit over the tiniest speck of dirt on thier clothing and the clothes must come off or else. clothes are only clean for a whole 5 minutes in this household. you would not believe the amount of washing that is generated from just one little girl.

when every plane, truck, ambulance, fire engine and police car is pointed (shouted) out to you every minute of every day. did i mention we live on a main road?

(don't know if dd2 has sensory issues but...) when cleaning toddler poop off everything is just another normal days work.
mamamelia is offline  
#88 of 137 Old 02-22-2008, 04:21 AM
 
SNRPMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Removed
SNRPMom is offline  
#89 of 137 Old 02-24-2008, 02:24 AM
 
bunsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsilva View Post
-when your 5yo runs down the hallway screaming in terror, "I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm scared!".

Because he is watching Backyardigans. :

And after ascertaining that the remote did not accidentally tune itself to Saw, I find out that he is scared because Queen Uniqua might be mad at Tyrrone and Pablo.
This made me laugh only because my DD loves the backyardigans but I can so understand where your DS is coming from.
bunsmom is offline  
#90 of 137 Old 02-24-2008, 02:28 AM
 
bunsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When your DC is obsessed with cleaning. Loves to watch you clean, cracks up at the restaurant when they clean the floors or tables as you are eating dinner. When you are in the produce area at the store and then are cleaning and she cranes her neck to watch. When the Swiffer makes her more happy than anything else, except watching you vacume. I am going to buy her a child size broom and mop for her birthday, it will be the best gift EVER. She even loves to watch commercials of BAM, Windex or anything where something is getting cleaned. We joke that she is going to be a janitor or cleaning woman, which we are fine with, but it will not surprise me at all.
bunsmom is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off