Ok I think we need an adult sensory thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 225 Old 03-04-2008, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorker View Post
Holy crap, Kitsune. I didn't realise that this thread was yours, too! No wonder I feel like I keep bumping into you. We should get together even if your kids don't get the pox.
You are sooo good for my ego! I feel so popular! Don't even say my kids won't get the pox We should totally get together! Maybe we can meet halfway.

Back to the thread

I had a sensory moment the other day. We were driving in the car and my DD in the back seat rolled down her window. My hands immediately flew to my ears. I couldn't take the sound of the wind and the weird thumping it makes from the back seat. DH saw me go fetal and made her roll up her window. Is it the air pressure that gets messed up? I don't know but it was painful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 225 Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune6 View Post
You are sooo good for my ego! I feel so popular! Don't even say my kids won't get the pox We should totally get together! Maybe we can meet halfway.

Back to the thread

I had a sensory moment the other day. We were driving in the car and my DD in the back seat rolled down her window. My hands immediately flew to my ears. I couldn't take the sound of the wind and the weird thumping it makes from the back seat. DH saw me go fetal and made her roll up her window. Is it the air pressure that gets messed up? I don't know but it was painful.
Yesssss! I am the same way!! I hate hate hate when someone has the window down just a bit on ONE side of the car. I have to either have them roll it up, or have the person on the other side roll theirs down too so the pressure and noise is "even."

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#123 of 225 Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
I rub my feet like a fly in bed, ive done it since i was a kid.
LOL! I do this too - kind of.

Ever since I can remember (and I have memories going back to 18mos or earlier), I have wrapped one leg around the other while lying in bed and then rubbed the wrapped-around foot against the stationary leg (hard to describe, easy to do).

I've done it for so long and remember from very early childhood it being very calming and part of my going-to-sleep routine that I wonder if I did it in the womb? Kids wind up with all kinds of comfort and calm-down things, and they know babies suck thumbs in utero.

savithny, 42 year old moderate mom to DS Primo (age 12) and DD Secunda (age 9).

#124 of 225 Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Yesssss! I am the same way!! I hate hate hate when someone has the window down just a bit on ONE side of the car. I have to either have them roll it up, or have the person on the other side roll theirs down too so the pressure and noise is "even."
OMG, I'm not alone! :

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#125 of 225 Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 AM

OMG! I'm home!! I cannot even begin to describe how very comforting I feel knowing that I am not just being weird or weirdly OCD on some things! (okay, a lot) I made it to page 4 and immediately called DH at work to say I found people who are like me and that I'm not so weird after all! I didn't realize that it was so different. I just thought of them as everyone having their own little quirks in life. I'm such a picker it's not even funny! I remember my grandma trying to break this habit when I lived with her for a few months when I was 2. The bed sheets cracked me up! Mine have to have the same amount hanging off each side too. And the pattern on the top of the comforter HAS to be perfectly even on ALL sides. DH refuses to make the bed with me anymore. I can't watch DH clean anything in the house. I have to point things out that bug me knowing that it wasn't done right. Like one dime size spot that the vacuum just didn't cover will bug the crap out of me until I go and vacuum that spot immediately. Which is why I haven't been cleaning lately since I have a nursing newborn too. I know that I won't be able to get to it the way I need for it to be gotten to. I can't let any of my kids' friends in the house to play. The noise level just drives me batty right away! It bugs me even with them playing just outside our house too. I can still hear them! I also have those bumps on my arms and I am always picking at them. DH use to let me pick at his back, but not anymore. He says my nails are like ginsu's and once I start I can't stop. My poor newborn can't nurse without me touching her nose with her milia on it! I have already smooshed the white stuff out a couple of times. So now I just stroke it lovingly so I won't start smooshing her precious little nose! I rock all the time. If I'm standing, I'm swaying. If I'm sitting in the house, it's in my rocker. I LOVE sitting and nursing my babies. I can rock till my heart contends. I also love being in my cocoon in bed! I miss my feather bed immensly. I must buy another one. I have about 4-6 pillows on my bed at all times. Even while sleeping. DH has actually started preferring to have 2 pillows to sleep with now. Only took him 6 years to get with the program!! lol. I don't have any pictures hung up right now. I can't stand to see them unbalanced on the wall. If I'm at a friends' house, I will actually straighten the frames on the walls. I'm definitely a "lines" person. I DO NOT like crooked lines from the vacuum on my floor.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#126 of 225 Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#127 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 12:24 PM

Justthatgirl - thanks for bumping for me. I think it will be helpful to have a behind the scenes look at what my dd (4.5) may be going through with her SPD issues.

Mama of 3 girls: 7.5 , 6 , and 4.5
#128 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Information View Post
Justthatgirl - thanks for bumping for me. I think it will be helpful to have a behind the scenes look at what my dd (4.5) may be going through with her SPD issues.
No prob. I love this thread.

#129 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDaddy View Post
I am almost nonverbal at work unless I have had gum that day, like my tongue won't work to make the right sounds. I go through 1-2 packs of gum per day. It has to be peppermint flavored, and I vastly prefer the kind with the hard shell... Trident White.
My 4.5 year old is completely nonverbal (selectively mute) at preschool (and has been for 7 months), even though she speaks non-stop sometimes at home. She's currently being evaluated, and the top of the list of suspected issues is SPD. I wonder if gum chewing would help her speak in school. I know when I recently had her at evaluations, she spent one hour not talking to the speech language pathologist, and the next hour "breaking out" of her bondage. Two things that helped: letting her take sucks on a sucker, and the SLP getting her to start giggling, then laughing, then she couldn't help herself. Now when she sees that same SLP, she talks to her. But tomorrow, I take her to a new person for another group of tests. I plan to take both a sucker and a stick of gum, hoping that will help.

#130 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 02:20 PM

Whew. I read through this thread. My sensory issues lie mostly with sounds. It's really hard to deal with kids - particularly mine being so close in age and not in school full time, I'm around all three a lot. My dd2's high pitched voice is hard to deal with at times, particularly when she is reacting to her sensory issues, or she's just adamantly voicing her opinions.

I can't stand it when my dd1 chews gum with her mouth open, or when anybody crunches too loudly. It's better if I'm eating something crunchy at the same time. Doesn't bother me when I do it. And I could never tolerate my grandparents eating (sounding really sloppy) or my nephew's (but he had large adenoids or something that kept him from breathing through his nose while ate so he had to eat with his mouth open).

Oh, and I can't stand clutter but I'm terrible about picking up after us. So I constantly get frazzled due to my own poor housekeeping skills. It was easier when it was just me, or when I worked, but it's terrible now that I have to pick up after all of us. I'm trying to get the girls to help, but they are still just learning.

#131 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 04:42 PM

aversions:
Wet wool makes me gag. literally.
being wet. (makes it really hard to convince myself to bathe)
being overly warm. By overly, I mean 72degrees is torture.
background noise.
being surrounded
Ok so, I am really a light/noise avoider.
warm slime (mayo, ketchup, mustard, dressing, pickles, etc) in food. I cannot have sauce on anything with only a very few exceptions. I have found that if it's cool and I have control over it, I MIGHT like it SOMETIMES.
Quote:
High-pitched sounds that most people cannot hear. This one gets me crazy points with a lot of people until I do something like find a camera that has not had its flash attachment turned off - at the other end of a house full of people - just to turn it off. This includes CRT monitors (I can hear if they have power, whenther they are displaying anything or not), CRT televisions, camera flash attachments, deer repellers (that mount on cars), dog whistles, those noisemakers used to repel pests and now teenagers (I HATE walking into a store that has one installed). LCDs make a noise too, but it's not the same kind, more of a soft hum, not a squeal. I'm so glad they eixst now.
exactly. currently I can hear: my DP's radio in the bathroom, the drier, the kitchen light, the sound system that got left on though the tv/satalite is off, my computer screen, my neighbors, and some weird vascalating noise that I can't identify, plus cars outside.
Too much caffeine knocks me out. I can't drink coffee
having people behind me
blankets over my head. In that extream I. AM. GOING. TO. DIE. NOW way
people talking. I hate the sound of voices. even my own mast days. NO ONE understands that... Yet, the sound of a baby crying doesn't bother me. i can sit there and hold them all night, while they cry... (took care of baby cousin when he got sick becuase I was the only one whose head didn't explode at the sound after tem minutes...)

demin under fingernails
silky stuff
strong flavors (garlic, tomato, strong cheese, sweetness - not onions)
heavy blankets to sleep - when I was little, I had five heavy quilts my Gr-grandmother made, two blankets, sheets, four pillows and a teddy bear on my bed. Now I have a really heavy duvet, two blankets and sheets on my bed, two pillows and most nights the blankets get doubled up on top of me because DP gets too hot. Pulled up over my shoulder, against my neck, no matter the temp.
I sleep with one foot out of the blankets so I don't overheat.
I chew my lips
ditto pen caps/pencils
I smell it before I buy it (melons, friut, veggies, etc. I don't believe you can tell if it's ripe otherwise)
soft, barely hear it music
Dark DARK bedroom to sleep, I have found that I can tollerate the blue nighlights. It was really bad when I was little, I had blankets stapled to the windows (like 2-3)
I need the bedroom window cracked open.
carbonation: fizzy water, sprite, coke (pepsi if it's the last choice), I can't stand flat water... it's grainy.
biting
and I could go on and on... i think I avoid about as much as I seek... I have managed to stop: gagging at the though of mayo/other slime on someone else's sandwich, chewing my hair, & picking (most days)

and it's so nice to know.... I'm not the only one!!!! Thank you all!!!!

edited to add: more...
Quote:
I get overloaded by noises easily. If the tv is on, someone is talking to me, and I can hear dd on the phone talking.. I start to feel panicky. Noise levels escalate quickly in my head and I can't even think at all. I kinda get a frantic look on my face, until dh realizes and turns something off or down so that I can return to normal
(my DP does this too
I rub my big and "index" toes, too I did not realize that, they just feel super smooth agains eachother!
I don't like to be read to, or to have other people read around me... DP has to read aloud to comprehend and LOVES to read to me.
and I lied, I still pick... clogged pores, zits, rough patches of skin...
I pull my eyelashes out too, it's like they reach this point where they are going to fall out soon and they aren't setting quite right in the root and it really hurts like an aachy muscle, so I'll gently pull on each lash to see if it comes out, when two grow out the same hole, it.makes.me.nuts.
I hate transitions, if I'm in the shower, I will stay there till Im freezing because I don't like the way my skin feels between wet and dry. I will stand because I don't like sitting, i will not eat because I don't like walking (like the actual changing feet part). I will keep walking for hours because i don't like the adjustment to being stopped... I am sure that doesn't make sense to anyone else in the world. I just don't do well changing what I am doing once I get settled into doing it...
I crack everything, neck, fingers, back, knees, toes, feet, elbows... My DP is convinced I am going to give myself arthritis.
No braclets/watches
I click my tongue and blow tiny bubbles on the roof of my mouth behind my teeth
I HATE the texture of playdoh... I like the texture of cornstarch/water, gak, etc.
I DON'T like the texture of Dasani... it's different frm all the other bottled waters...(which are too grainy)... it's almost too smooth or something, it feels like silk in my mouth
I rock when I'm upset
I HATE having the computer volume on. I don't care whose computer it is, HIT THE FLIPPING MUTE BUTTON!!!
I hate shaving. I also hate having hair on my legs and under my arms. It itches. 90% of the time... I hate shaving more.
Quote:
Oh, and I can't stand clutter but I'm terrible about picking up after us. So I constantly get frazzled due to my own poor housekeeping skills.
I hate when DP paces... and it's compulsive she can't talk on the phone and hold still... and she is on the phone every chance she gets:crazy:
and the sound of toddlers voices is just a little more crazy making with the high pitch added in...
#132 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
does anyone else's fingernails suffocate from nail polish? My finger nails feel like they can't breathe when they have nail polish on them. I also have serious issues with them having any length to them. I don't chew them but I seriously have to get at the clippers as fast as possible when I feel them growing, iykwim.
#133 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
does anyone else's fingernails suffocate from nail polish? My finger nails feel like they can't breathe when they have nail polish on them. I also have serious issues with them having any length to them. I don't chew them but I seriously have to get at the clippers as fast as possible when I feel them growing, iykwim.
Uh, yes. Weird, I thought I was the only person who felt gaspy with nail polish on. I couldn't even wait until it dried, and I would peel it off in strips. Which was very satisfying.
#134 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 PM

Add me to the list of people who can't stand the sound of only one window open in the car. I often lock all the windows so neither of the kids can roll one down. The thumping sound makes me want to scream!

I also hate the high-pitched noise that tv's on mute makes but the worst is the shrieking sound of lights on a dimmer when they're dimmed. My MIL hates bright light and always dims my kitchen light and it's so hard to deal with!!

I'm bothered by a lot of visual things as well. One of the strangest to me is how repulsed I am when I see strawberries with really large seed craters on them. I'm feeling a tad sick just thinking about it. Blargh!! If I buy any of them, I make dd1 clean and cut them up for herself.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#135 of 225 Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyD View Post
Uh, yes. Weird, I thought I was the only person who felt gaspy with nail polish on. I couldn't even wait until it dried, and I would peel it off in strips. Which was very satisfying.
I loved peeling! I hate it when cheap polish won't peel. I always feel ultra aware of my fingernails if I have polish on. My toes also have to be as short as possible without bleeding.

I'm so glad you resurrected this thread Justthatgirl!
#136 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 01:05 AM

I hate touching strawberries.

They make me think of corpses.
#137 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 02:49 AM

There isn't enough time tonight for me to list all of mine... yikes.

- HATE the feel of wet (unsealed) wood. Literally makes me gag.

- MUST sleep completely under the covers (head and all), with them tucked around me. No matter how hot or how hard it is to breathe (although I'm used to it now).

- HATE when people touch my hair, but am constantly touching my own, and my eyebrows - love to pluck.

- Biting the insides of my cheeks, always have, by my bottom canines (I have 2 large 'nubs' now)

- Dislike the texture of pears when chewing.

- HATE when water runs down my arms. If I'm doing the dishes and have to raise my hand and the water runs down my forearm... yuck. Also hate when the 'inside' of my wrists are touched; right on the veins - puke.

- Super-sensitive fingernails and fingertips. I can't get manicures and they tingle when I'm aroused (sorry, tmi, but it's true).

- Bite my nails constantly, have since I was 4. Even wore a notch in my upper tooth that I had to have filed down. You think they'd be less sensitive because of this... nope.

- Has anyone ever squeezed a box of cornstarch? *shudders*

- I like wearing makeup, but HAVE to immediately take off my lip gloss and mascara when I get home. Drives me insane to have it on at home.

- Teeth grinder.

- Shoes must be SNUG. I probably wear a 6, but I really wear a 5. I like having my shoes TIGHT. Same goes for hair ties and baseball hays (I always have a red ring when I take off a cap).

- HATE crooked things. I will measure my couch to make sure it's perfectly even on both sides (away from the wall). My house is ridiculously symmetrical and even in planning.

- ADORE the smell of Pine Sol! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Odd, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avannah miles
I'm bothered by a lot of visual things as well. One of the strangest to me is how repulsed I am when I see strawberries with really large seed craters on them.
YES!!! Have you heard of the Eyeclops? Magnifies things 200x - OMG. We got this for the kids for Christmas and looked at hair follicles, taste buds, the dog's pad on his paw... I couldn't stop itching for the entire day, I was so red. YUCK! And I still do it to torture myself...WTF???

- My OCD when it comes to cleaning... ridiculous. Cleaning with toothpicks and q-tips is the norm for me. When we lived in Cali (in the Mojave desert), I actually had to talk myself out of vacuuming the sand off of our driveway; reminding myself how CRAZY I would look.

Seriously, this is SO the tip of the iceberg for me...

I'm trying to keep 'sensory' and my mental/physical OCD separate. That would take forever...

*ETA*

- I take hot baths and showers...HOT. So hot that I'm red and light-headed when I'm done.

- I can't wash with just soap; it feels as though I'm not cleaning anything. I always use the scrubber gloves so my skin is red. This is the only way I feel clean, though.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#138 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 04:14 AM

Ummm, wow! I never come in this forum but I saw the title on the main page and thought it looked interesting. I feel like I've just read a great big thread about me and my son. I'll come back to post after I get some sleep.

:
#139 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenivere View Post
Ummm, wow! I never come in this forum but I saw the title on the main page and thought it looked interesting. I feel like I've just read a great big thread about me and my son. I'll come back to post after I get some sleep.
Isn't it nutty, Jenivere?? The things you don't think about until someone else brings it up.

And you're welcome, Kitsune!

#140 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
Isn't it nutty, Jenivere?? The things you don't think about until someone else brings it up.

And you're welcome, Kitsune!
Yes it is! The more time I spend reading and writing in this thread the more things I think of that to me are just part of every day life. These are not in any order, I just wrote them down as I thought of them.

Just thinking about or looking at soggy bread makes me feel ill, the texture is soooo wrong.

Chalkboards; anything scratches a chalk surface and oh my goodness I can't handle it. I can hardly stand to write on them. I can't stop imagining my own nails on the board and that though drives me crazy.

Tight, confining shoes. Tennis shoes and snow boots drive me mad. I only wear them when I have to. I'm either barefoot or in sandals.

Socks, the seems must be just right (symetrical over my toes) when I put my shoes on or I'll untie and unlace to fix them. I hate socks unless they are really thin and preferably only as high as my ankles.

Shirts, I hate long sleeves and only own a few. I bunch the sleeves up above my elbows the moment I am warm enough. I don't like high collars or really formal tight fittings. I can wear close fitting shirts etc only if its a soft stretchy fabric.

I am claustrophobic but its those little things above that really get to me.

I don't swallow hair but I love to repeatedly twist in my fingers and nibble on it with my teeth. It's very soothing to and it drives my family mad.

I'm always picking at myself; I run my hands over my skin searching for bumps or whatever I can get rid of. I pull at my eyebrows (so soft) to get rid of loose hairs and mess with my ears a lot to.

I cant stand rough nails, if I notice a broken toe nail i will jump out of bed to clip it because It drives me crazy for it to catch on my bedding.

I hate walking on an unswept floor. I don't like how it feels on my feet yet I can walk on a gravel driveway. If you haven't noticed yet, my feet are pretty sensitive.

I am highly ticklish and I hate being tickled.

If my feet are rough then I have to have something smooth like a sheet over them to sleep. I don't like how they catch on blankets.

I get hot very easily; another reason why i hate confining clothing and shoes. In the summer I must have my feet sticking out of whatever blanket/sheet I'm using. I must have a sheet though no matter how hot I am though, something over part of my body or I can't sleep.

I want everything symmetrical and even.

Glue. I love to spread it out over the tip and lid of the glue bottle and pick it off. When I was in second grade I remember letting glue get on my desk during crafts just so I could scratch it off later with my pencil. My desk was always in need of washing.

Anything under my fingernails. I clean them obsessively. I peel oranges with a spoon just to avoid getting any of the peel under my nails.

High pitched sounds; my children can get really loud without it bothering me but they start screeching and I go mad. High pitched whining sounds.

I don't mind a lot of chaos but don't ask me to think if things are right in my face and in my ears. To many sounds and my brain just shuts down. I need quiet to really think just like I need darkness to sleep. A small light can keep me awake forever.

When i play music I play it really loud. I like to immerse myself in it.

WHen I see water I always want to be in it. I love water and I can't get enough of fit. I drink a lot of it to.

I love soft smooth textures like those stress balls full of corn starch. I see a fascinating texture and I just want to touch, it's hard to control. Every time I open a can of anything I want to run my fingers over the sharp edges. Now I don't do it because I have common sense and I know it will cut me but that doesn't make the desire go away. Rough dry textures are maddening.

I do not like to wear heavy, bulky shirts like sweaters. I also dislike jeans. Again with being confined and hot.

I love scalp massages, they are just heaven to me. I also like having my hair brushed and played with.

Pacing the floor; I can do it but I can't watch anyone else do it.

:
#141 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 PM

omg, all these years i thought i was the only one that had some weird stuff goin' on! i mean, logically, i know i'm not, but i've never seen/heard anyone go into details about their things. thank you to whoever started this thread!

some of my "things":

i HATE people touching my face, even my children. and with 2 kids with pdd-nos and a lack of understanding of personal space... yeah.

i have those little white bumps on my arms and i pick at them all the time. i also can't leave a zit alone. i've been known to beg a friend to just "please let me pop that, just this once!" it's a good thing i have some really understanding friends...

the sound/feel of a knife on a paper plate or towel just absolutely sets my teeth on edge. same thing with the tines of a fork across a regular plate or metal, like a shelf or something scraping across concrete. ugh, i just shivered from thinking about it all!

i hate doing dishes because of the feeling of the water and the soap and the leftover bits on the plates. yuck. also, the way my hands feel all dry and creepy after.

i have to sleep with at least a sheet on. i can sleep nude, but i have to have a cover, no matter how hot it is.

at the same time, i have to have my window open a crack, even on the coldest winter nights, or else i get claustrophobic.

if my feet are rough, i have t put socks on to go to bed. i cannot STAND the feeling of sheets or blankets catching on the rough skin. *shudder*

i hate stuff that is uneven. there is a shelf in my living room, when the guys put it up i insisted that there had to be 5 brackets so there would be 4 spaces. they thought i was nuts, but they did it. in my old house, i could not use the downstairs bathroom b/c the towel bars were crooked. seriously.

and i am so glad that i am not the only one with super-sensitive hearing! camera flashes are downright painful, that high-pitched tv noise drives me insane, any electronic hum/whine, i can always hear and it just makes me want to cover my ears.

i'm sure there's more that i'll think of, but my little barbarians are racing around like crazed little things, and they need to be fed.

"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos
30yo SAHM of 4 DS's: 10/98, 6/01, 2/03 and 11/04, wife to DH, 33
#142 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 PM

Right now, at this very moment, I'm dealing with sensory overload. Ds won't be quiet and he won't leave me alone for even a couple of minutes. It's driving me nuts! I want to hide myself in a closet.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#143 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

PMS Sensory mama + melting Sensory child= *&(*&(*@#$!!!!!!!

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

I wanted to spank my kid so bad. I'm so glad I was able to get a hold of myself. The screeching was unbelievable. My jaw has never clenched so hard.

I did what any normal SN mom would do. I turned on TMBG, Here come the 123s. Both of us feel much better.
#144 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 09:50 PM

Wow, is there something in the air? I'm totally overloaded, too!

I spent the day at a friend's daycare after picking up her dd's school registration packet for her, went to pick up my 2 from the bus stop, went back to the daycare, let my kids run around w/ her kids, drove home, argued w/ 8 yr old ds (aspie) about dinner, 6 yr old dd (spd) about her drink, and then dh walked in the door while the baby (6 mos today!!) was crying and hungry.

*WRAWR!*

I laid down on the futon w/ the baby and nursed him with a pillow over my head, softly saying 'shhh' whenever I'd hear talking.

Now they're in bed, dh is cleaning the cat boxes, baby is fed and happily playing in his saucer, and I'm decompressing. Oh, and dh made me a little drink to decompress with. (Half a cup of coke & vodka, if anyone's interested! )

On the plus side of spending my day at a daycare (what the heck is going through my mind???), my friend was cleaning out her closet.

#145 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

I think we need an overloaded SN mama's tribe. Should I start it? Will you come join me?
#146 of 225 Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I think we need an overloaded SN mama's tribe. Should I start it? Will you come join me?
Hey, I joined you w/ Craptastic February, let's do it again!

#147 of 225 Old 05-02-2008, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Done!
#148 of 225 Old 05-02-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
PMS Sensory mama + melting Sensory child= *&(*&(*@#$!!!!!!!

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

I wanted to spank my kid so bad. I'm so glad I was able to get a hold of myself. The screeching was unbelievable. My jaw has never clenched so hard.

I did what any normal SN mom would do. I turned on TMBG, Here come the 123s. Both of us feel much better.
Music soothes the savage beast, eh?

When my kids set my teeth on edge, it's usually when I'm least emotionally available and they are the most emotionally needy. I have learned to stop fighting it and I pop some popcorn, throw in a movie and all of us chill.

#149 of 225 Old 05-02-2008, 11:31 PM

I thought everyone picked their best friends' back zits and peeled glue off their hands and face for a good time!

I guess it's true that normal is in the eye of the beholder.
#150 of 225 Old 05-03-2008, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
One time my dh worked in a fertilizer plant. He would get the little balls of fertilizer in his hair. They were tiny, bigger than sand but smaller than a grain of rice. I looked like a monkey picking bugs when I would go thru his hair. It was so much fun. And don't even get me started on cradle cap. Anytime my kids would get any they couldn't get away from me. I'd sit and rock them and happily pick away.

What the heck is with all the picking?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page