Gilliam Aspergers Disorder Scale? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2008, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone please explain how this is scored?

There is a standard score and then a percentile score in the areas of Social Interaction, Restricted Patterns of Behavior, Cognitive Patterns, Pragmatic Skills, and Asperger's Disorder Quotient.

What does the percentile mean?

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2008, 07:36 PM

A percentile compares a child to other children their age. So if you have a percentile of 10 in the area of Social Interaction, it means that the child would score as well or better than 10 other children from a group of 100 same-age children. A percentile close to 50 means the child is closer to typical, and a lower one means they are farther from what other children did on a test.

The most typical cutoff for getting service (that I have heard) is 10th percentile or lower.

Does that make sense with the scores you have? Sometimes tests use scores in different ways.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

It says "Formal scores reported above compare Ivy with a normative population of children diagnosed with Asperger's."

So I'm thinking that maybe its the opposite for this test? The higher the percentile means that lets say 90% of kids with Asperger's score within the range Ivy did? Maybe?

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 02-29-2008, 07:46 PM

Where this seems so different from most standardized tests, I'd try and post on an ASC specific board where there may be more people who know the test, or ask one of your therapy or diagnostic people. It sounds like you have it right, from what I can see, but I don't know the test so that's not worth a whole lot!

User Tag List