developmental ped caughed up a DX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2008, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorta.

he read over some evals done for PTSD as well as a list of things he does at school. says he meets the criteria for PDD-NOS but that "it's really a sidestep from autism" and that he expects to update the dx in 8 weeks after our regular psych does the requested evals. the psych says she doesn't know that he fits the criteria because of his imaginative play (he pretends any basket or tub he can fit in a boat) and emotional awareness. so we'll see.

i think it's partly this place that has allowed me to avoid that moment of emotional turmoil surrounding the DX day. i hear its a pretty common experience and really, today was like just another med/therapy appointment (of which we have 4 more this week!!!)

dh is inclined to disagree with the dx but only because mr obsessive programmer man believes that aspergers means "being divorced from a sense of emotion"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
crl

Sounds like progress. Are you glad?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

i think i will be happy when we are gaurenteed access to some services that i know he needs. i'm not really having an emotional reaction to the label though. i've gotten so used to him being who he is it's sort of a non issue.
the only negative is another round of explaining things to relatives. other than that it was great. the doctor is good with children and we loved his office.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 PM

I got told the side step thing too. Then I got told they're going to just wait for an official dx for "a while."

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

User Tag List