Mothering Forum banner

Autism: The Musical

2K views 53 replies 25 participants last post by  muldey 
#1 ·
I am not sure if this was posted, but I watched Autism the Musical and its a wonderful documentary. You can order it or watch it online here. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bunsmom View Post
Thank you so much for posting this. My Mom was telling me today that she watched this and loved it, she cried when she was talking to me about all the wonderful kids.
Yes, you will cry. It is just lovely and the kids are so wonderful, each one of them.

#6 ·
Thank you SO much for posting that link! Of course, I cried many times throughout.

I'm going to see if my son will watch it. I want him to see that he can be an actor and be on stage if he wishes (he claims he wants to be an actor).

I'm also going to give the link to his teachers, doctors, and my family.
(Not sure if my family will actually watch it or care, but I can try)

#11 ·
I'm watching it now, and most of it so far is really awesome. I love how the parents accept their kids for who they are. I just saw one part, though, that made me bristle. They were showing Adam and how he likes girls, and his helper at school said how they all liked him, too. Then she said something along the lines of, "Too bad he's autistic. There would be so much potential there." Ugh. I'm not going to let one person get me down, though. I'm going to watch the rest. So far, I identify a lot with Henry (the boy with Asperger's) and Lexi's an awesome singer.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by acannon View Post
I'm watching it now, and most of it so far is really awesome. I love how the parents accept their kids for who they are. I just saw one part, though, that made me bristle. They were showing Adam and how he likes girls, and his helper at school said how they all liked him, too. Then she said something along the lines of, "Too bad he's autistic. There would be so much potential there." Ugh. I'm not going to let one person get me down, though. I'm going to watch the rest. So far, I identify a lot with Henry (the boy with Asperger's) and Lexi's an awesome singer.
OMGosh, I was so pissed at his helper when I saw that part. I mean, WTF? Lexi's mom kinda pissed me off a couple times too though.

Overall is was a great video and I hope it gets lots of playtime. I saw my DS in a lot of those kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.