Mothering Forum banner

Good source/brand clothing for odd sized kids?

497 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  heatherdeg 
#1 ·
My daughter is a size 6X in her leg length and upper body. The steroids she is on, though, have caused her belly to become a size 8/9. I've been having her wear dresses as much as possible, but it is still hard to find clothing that fits her well.

Do any of you know of a clothing brand or source that might have clothing to fit the odd-sized kid?

#3 ·
I just had a 12yo foster son who had some serious growth problems. Turned out the only place I found pants to fit him was to buy a size 8 husky at WalMart. It fit his regular 12yo waist and his extremely small stature.

I learned this trick through my own weight issues and found that by looking at the height/weight measurements I could manage to fit into clothing well by wearing a size I never dreamed of (14W petite).

Take your daughter's actual measurements and check the clothing size charts to see what matches. The Children's Place, WalMart, and Gymboree (that I know of) carry regular, slim and husky/plus. Target carries regular and plus. I'm sure there are others, though.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.