04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the Lovely South, Y'all.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, we're trying to tie up all these loose ends as the finalization approaches and I have a couple of questions.
As some of you know, Grace has Pierre Robin, and so receives SSI and is insured through Tennessee's Medicaid program (TennCare). I'm concerned about whether or not this has a likelihood of continuing. I'm not as concerned about the SSI payments, of course, as I am the insurance. Especially because she's having MAJOR surgery two days after finalization. Any experiences to share?
DH and I are insured through his job, and I'm worried that that will be called "available coverage" or something like that, and will boot her off the TennCare rolls. Also, DH recently took (hahahahahaha ) a 25% paycut, but that still puts us at pretty much middle class. And now, my teaching assistantships are done b/c I'm finished with grad school . So, not only do I have to find a job, but I have to start paying loans. I guess the question is: do they take into account all this stuff?
I'm beyond eager to avoid postponing this surgery for SO many reasons, not the least of which is just that she needs to get on the other side of this particular issue (cleft repair - 2nd attempt). The longer we wait, the further and further behind she gets.
Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.