Moving question... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My girls both have SPD. We suspect our older dd has some other type of mood disorder as well. We've been talking about moving for a while and now it's happening. Very suddenly. I was telling the girls and Emma started to act a little anxious. She has some difficulty with transitions, but generally does okay with lots of talking. The clutter of toys is getting out of hand, especially stuffed animals. She kinda rotates them around and plays with most of them but will go long periods of time without touching certain ones. I *think* there are many that she wouldn't notice if they were gone. But I could be wrong. Anyway, we were talking about moving the other night and she seemed a little anxious at first. She was asking me lots of questions, "are we taking all my clothes? Yes. Are we taking the ones I wear in the cold? Yes. Are we taking my giant ducky? Yes. What about Lamby? Yes. Are we taking my Dora table? Yes." On and on for quite a while. She even asked about some of her sister's stuff. We were planning on using this as an opportunity to give some of our stuffed animals to a local charity. But now I'm thinking it's not a good idea. I have a problem getting rid of stuff and I need to let stuff go. So I wanna make sure this is not my issue. What would you do? Sorry this is so long.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-05-2008, 01:13 PM
crl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, I'd move all the kids' stuff. Would it work for you to box up the things you think won't be missed separately? Then leave them boxed up and if the kids don't ask about them for a long time (maybe 6 months) you could revisit getting rid of them.

(BTW, I know other moms who have not been able to find anyplace that will accept used stuffed animals. So you may not be able to donate them?)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page