Started the Bowel Management Program... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-26-2008, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we started the Bowel program yesterday. Well this mornings diaper was the most disgusting diaper I have ever changed in my life! Uh, why didn't you guys that have been thru this warn me? So here is what happens...

Delaney, the 6 week old wakes up crying so I go up to our bed (I came downstairs with hubby to see him off to work) as I am on my way up to get her, I hear Gabrielle, the 2 year old crying (the one on the bowel program). So I go in to get her out of her crib and she says "I'm poopie". There is poop all over the crib sheet. So I lay baby down (who is still crying but I had no choice) and take Gabrielle to the bathroom to change her diaper. Needless to say it was one of those moments of where to even attempt to start to clean her up. I wipe her off as best I can. Go and get a trash bag for the diaper and wipes. Then put her in the bathtub. In the meanwhile I run to get a washcloth and towel (baby is till crying at the top of her lungs) Gabrielle poops in the tub. Finally get her washed, dressed, catheter done. Baby and kids fed too....

I need some

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#2 of 7 Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 PM

We've been there- those days where things are down the toilet right from the beginning.
Warning- it may get worse before it gets better. And I mean WORSE.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#3 of 7 Old 06-27-2008, 12:52 AM

mmmm, so lovely to have that greeting first thing in the morning.

Every time Rebekah has a diaper like that, I just remind myself that it really is better than the days and days and days of crying and refusing to eat with constipation.
#4 of 7 Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

I never got breakfast and lunch didn't happen till almost 3pm. By then I had such a horrible headache I thought it was a migraine.

I ended up doing 3 loads of laundry and had countless poopie diapers to change.

Please let today be better...

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#5 of 7 Old 06-28-2008, 01:02 AM

Was today better?
#6 of 7 Old 06-28-2008, 01:39 PM

We've had some days like that. If you don't laugh you'll cry.

I hope it was better. ?

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#7 of 7 Old 06-28-2008, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, much better.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page