terminating pregnancy because of family siutation. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 07-04-2008, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to add my support. I fully support your decision to have an abortion and I completely understand why adoption isn't an option for you. If you need to talk about it please feel free to PM or email me.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#62 of 75 Old 07-04-2008, 08:54 PM

Oh, mama, what a painful, difficult decision. I hope you find all the love and comfort you need to get through this hard time.

computergeek2.gif

#63 of 75 Old 07-04-2008, 09:26 PM

For your baby

For you and your family :

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#64 of 75 Old 07-04-2008, 10:38 PM

May you find peace with your decision.

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#65 of 75 Old 07-04-2008, 11:01 PM

Hi -- I'm so sorry to hear of the added complication -- this cannot be easy for you or your marriage.

My situation is less complex, but I wanted to let you know that I'd make the same decisions. We are not superhuman, and when we try to carry more than we can, our children feel it, too.

I would rephrase your header as "terminating pregnancy because I love my family and understand my limits."

Wishing you peace.
#66 of 75 Old 07-05-2008, 01:11 AM

Thinking of you, and wishing you peace and strength.

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#67 of 75 Old 07-05-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
For your baby

For you and your family :
I'm so sorry : I can't stop crying after reading this thread. Thinking of you and the baby.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#68 of 75 Old 07-05-2008, 04:43 AM

I'm praying for you and your family to have the strength and gentleness you all need during this difficult time.
Praying too that your mind and heart are at peace with your decision.
:

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#69 of 75 Old 07-05-2008, 05:41 PM

Thinking of you.
#70 of 75 Old 07-05-2008, 11:38 PM

Hugs! You will be ok from this! I wish you peace!
#71 of 75 Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 PM

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#72 of 75 Old 07-06-2008, 08:06 PM

I am so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers, and I hope that you do not feel pressured into any path. I wish you strength and peace, and prayers for your family.
#73 of 75 Old 07-06-2008, 09:35 PM

You are in my prayers as you make this incredibly tough decision
#74 of 75 Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 PM

I can't imagine being in your shoes. You are such a strong mama to be able to open up and talk about this. You are doing what's best for yourself and for your family. Whether you go through with it or back out so be it.
#75 of 75 Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarkingbird View Post
thank you again all so much. i will not be considering adoption. i cannot handle all of the emotional and physical stress of carrying a pregnancy to term and not coming home with a baby. my husband is not and likely will not ever find open adoption a viable option. closed adoption was good enough for his parents and he says it's good enough for him. beyond that my oldest son has gotten a new brother and a new dad all in the last year and 1/2. i do not think he could understand or handle knowing that a baby i made left and was not going to come home with us. yesterday we kind of hypothetically asked if he might want a new baby. he said no new baby! want brother! he thought that if we got a new baby we'd get rid of his brother. i feel like an ass because brother went to grandma's today and ds was totally freaked out.

i think adoption is a wonderful thing for many people but it really isn't for me or my family at this point in time. it is not an alternative to abortion. it is so so different.

i know i made an open call for advice and that everyone has been very respectful but i am saying now that i will not be considering adoption anymore. i gave it some thought and discussed it with my husband.

i have made up my mind and am trying to heal from this loss. if i make it to the clinic and just can't do it then i won't but as of now termination is the plan. i could not have done quite as well making this decision peacefully and without shame had i not had access to a full spectrum of experiences from generous women who shared here.

i am not a christian but i do believe that your prayers work. i have religious beliefs that may sound strange or even offensive to some but i know that any prayer said to a god who is believed in has real effects. if you are a religious person or one with a very strong opinion please consider just praying for me and my family rather than pressing me to change my mind. all of your suggestions were very much welcomed and appreciated. i think i got as much out of them as i can. for the record, i didn't feel pressed by anyone before because i had not said outright that my decision was made. i asked and you spoke. i thought and decided.

if you want to PM me that's cool or if you've already done so about this then i will continue the discussion via PM. you have all been a great help. i understand that this is a terribly charged topic and i don't mind people starting their own debate/discussion thread. if it's labeled as such i can choose to read or stay away and i accept the rights of others to speak their minds. thank you for respecting my safe space here.
I am going to close this thread, since it has run its' course. Peace to you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page