Mothering Forum banner

Working so hard to sell the house and now there's a TS!

526 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RoadWorkAhead 
#1 ·
I painted the *entire* inside of my house and my children have put their dirty feet on the clean white walls and written on them with pencil even though I have kept all writing implements under under lock and key practically!

So I have repainted the spots. The bunkbeds are in the great room since it's got wood paneling on the lower part of the walls and footprints don't show!

Now on the news the weatherman said TS Faye is heading more East! I'm just northeast of Orlando. I have spent the last 3 mos renovating the house inside and out (too much to type here) that my special needs children have destroyed! We had Hurricane Charley in 2004 and that knocked a tree on our house. Prior to that it was 40 years ago that a hurricane hit Orlando. We don't usually get anything other than a "rain event".

The hot water heater finally died and broke last Thur the day before we had someone come by to look at our house. I kept it together and didn't lose it. I just mopped up the water and vacuumed and attached a hose to drain the tank. DH installed a new one himself in 4 hours after work!!

Now this!!! We laid an entire pallet of sod ourselves with NO BABYSITTING in the sultry FL heat!!! (That's 150 pieces of heavy sod for those of you that don't know how much that is.)

My mom and dad and their dog are coming up from Port Richey since they are on the coast in a 5th wheel.

The kids love the excess snacks in the house. I only need to buy more water today since I still have batteries from 2004.

OK thanks for letting me kvetch!

See less See more
#2 ·
Trust me, we're in Tallahassee, and any storm on this path has me worried. DH just left town, and we're fairly low lying (though not likely to flood, I don't think), and of course DD is tube fed. This TS is needed insomuch as our economy thrives with a good (bad) storm season, but its soo hard to deal with for us mamas with lots of stuff going on!
I hope it just makes the grass grow and gives you some gray days - no trees down or emergencies!
They keep moving trajectories but looks like you and I are both in for a fair bit of storm, so hang tight!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.