a better twins nursing pillow? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used an EZ 2 Nurse with my twins, but that was five years ago . . . is there anything "new and improved" on the market - or is that still a good one?

I'd like to buy one for a friend who's expecting twins and planning to nurse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Not that I know of. I think the new thing with pillows is using inflatable ones rather than foam. Not much changed since when your twins were little!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#3 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 12:43 PM

I think it's still the best. And the vast majority of twin moms I know prefer the foam version to the inflatable version. It was a lifesaver for me, if only for the first couple months.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 & 12) in a small house with a lot of love.

#4 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 02:06 PM

so is the boppy not so great then? i see lots of twin mamas talking about the ez2nurse, but it just looks so big....
#5 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dividedsky View Post
so is the boppy not so great then? i see lots of twin mamas talking about the ez2nurse, but it just looks so big....
The boppy isn't so great even for singletons (it was not originally designed to be used as a nursing pillow), but definitely wouldn't work for twins unless your twins are quite small (and you'd still probably need extra support pillows even then).

What I love most about the EZ 2 Nurse pillow is that it's slightly angled so that the babies are less likely to roll off, and more likely to stay in the right tummy-to-tummy aligned position. It was the only way I could tandem nurse both babies when I was home alone (because the pillow would hold one baby in place, while I'd reach over and pick up the other baby). I brought mine everywhere with me for the first 2.5 months (at which point my babies no longer needed to nurse for 30-45 minutes at a time, and I began mostly nursing them one at a time).

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 & 12) in a small house with a lot of love.
#6 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, the EZ 2 Nurse was my constant companion for the first four months or so . . . the boppy was USELESS. I never even used it to nurse them one at a time.

What I liked best about the EZ 2 Nurse was that I could fit a small plate in between their heads on the pillow and eat while they were eating
#7 of 8 Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 AM

I loved my EZ-2 Nurse pillow. I liked that it supported them. If, or I should say, when they fell asleep they had plenty of room. Often I'd lean back and doze off myself. It's the only way I got any sleep in the early weeks.

And yes, I prefer the foam one over the inflatable. The inflatable is probably great for portability.
#8 of 8 Old 12-11-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaloakmi View Post
Thanks everyone!
What I liked best about the EZ 2 Nurse was that I could fit a small plate in between their heads on the pillow and eat while they were eating
I could fit my laptop and IM my mom and sister who live across the country!

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page