Has Anyone Wanted/Prayed For Twins And Actually Gotten Them? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I prayed for and wanted twins so much and I got them last time, but one didn't make it all the way through the pregnancy.

I would love to have the chance to have twins again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008, 04:43 AM

I don't have any multiples (yet!) but with my last pregnancy I was so sure I was carrying twins at first. I felt movement crazy early and I dreamt of boy/girl twins. Of course it turned out that I was carrying one, but maybe next pregnancy...
Old 12-21-2008, 09:21 AM

I think this thread proves the theories that

1. Every woman wants twins (whether covertly or overtly)

and

2. Every woman thinks she's having twins when she is pregnant (again, whether covertly or overtly)

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 12-21-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomaYula View Post

I never did, for many reasons. Really!
Then I was pregnant with twins and lost them both in the second trimester...
After that loss, a small part of me wished for a while that I could make up for the ones I lost by being pregnant with twins again... I know that is kinda sick but that's how I felt. But that small wish was a result of my loss - not something I had in me previously.

Don't get me wrong, I think that babies are a wonderful blessing, and what is cuter than 1 baby, but 2? As much as I think women who get 2 at once are really blessed, I never wanted that for myself.

Quote:
2. Every woman thinks she's having twins when she is pregnant (again, whether covertly or overtly)
I was pregnant 7 times before this one. I never thought I was pregnant with twins - not even when it was indeed the case.
This time around however, my symptoms are so similar to those I had when I was expecting the twins that I am having twin vibes for the first time - but it is probably just one.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:

and

Can we change that to Almost Every woman ON THiS THREAD wanted twins?

Honestly, I find discussions like these rather painful.

I never secretly wanted multiples. My multiple pregnancy and birth were frankly one of the most traumatic times of my life, and I was target of a lot of ridiculous overspiritulization of what I was going through.

Some people really do want twins and never get them, it has NOTHING to do whether or not they 'prayed hard enough' or 'really wanted them' or prayed 'good enough.'

Some people got twins even without having a secret wish for them.

Some people, while deeply loving their children, have had really personality- and life-changing consequences as a result, and it's not always sunshine and roses. I know that I've lost huge pieces of myself that I'll never get back. I do love my children, but just like most everything else in life, the consequences are not always all wonderful.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerchild View Post
Can we change that to Almost Every woman ON THiS THREAD wanted twins?

Honestly, I find discussions like these rather painful.

I never secretly wanted multiples. My multiple pregnancy and birth were frankly one of the most traumatic times of my life, and I was target of a lot of ridiculous overspiritulization of what I was going through.

Some people really do want twins and never get them, it has NOTHING to do whether or not they 'prayed hard enough' or 'really wanted them' or prayed 'good enough.'

Some people got twins even without having a secret wish for them.

Some people, while deeply loving their children, have had really personality- and life-changing consequences as a result, and it's not always sunshine and roses. I know that I've lost huge pieces of myself that I'll never get back. I do love my children, but just like most everything else in life, the consequences are not always all wonderful.

My friend told me every time she got pregnant (she has 7 kids) she would pray it was ONE healthy baby.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 12-23-2008, 11:45 AM

I always thought it would be the neatest thing to have a twin sister when I was growing up and thought it would be great to have twins one day. My midwife told me that I may very well have conceived twins and then lost one as I was bleeding quite heavily around 1 1/2 months into my pregnancy (this was before I knew I was pregnant). I thought it was just a period that was much much heavier and longer than normal and then found out I was pregnant not long afterwards. And strangely, I feel like there is someone else out there on the horizon waiting, like our family isn't quite complete yet. Bizarre.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:45 AM

from the time I was sixteen I said I was only having 2 kids because I knew the third one would be twins. Fast forward thirteen years when I got pregnant while breastfeeding #2 and ..... surprise surprise it was twins.

I phoned my DH from my girlfriends in tears after my ultrasound at 6 weeks (since I hadn't yet had a period from #2's birth) to tell him about the US and he quickly said, "are you ok?" and "Its twins right?" "OK talk to you later."

I could have smacked him He claims he knew from the moment they were concieved they were twins.

So I didn't pray for twins but I always knew I was having them.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 PM

When trying for my ds, I really wanted and prayed for twins. Once he was here and I saw how hard it was with one, I decided I didn't want twins anymore and that I was so very blessed with my son. I have a lot of friends with multiples, and knew how hard it was on them. The second time around, I wanted ONE baby and got twins. We are thrilled, of course, but never expected our prayers to be answered this go-round.

Denise, mama to ds1 (03/26/05) and boy/girl twins born 08/12/08
Old 01-02-2009, 06:12 PM

I did. I had two miscarriages, and after, I prayed every night that God would send me my lost babies to mo together. I wanted so badly to have boy girl twins and about 6 mo after my last m/c we found out the twins were on the way. I am still glad that my prayers were answered, even with my high stress level. I love to watch my twins together and am amazed to think they were both inside of me at once.

Tiffany wife of 11 yrs to Karl:, DSD Ariel (16) DSS Kaleb (13) DD Jessika (5) twins Drake and Olivia (2) :and our sweet suprise, Lola (11mo):: two angels Sammy(03/06) and Alex (07/06)
Old 01-04-2009, 10:59 PM

Kind of.

We did IVF and transferred two embies. I really, really wanted both of them to survive. I guess I didn't quite realize what that meant .

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
Old 01-23-2009, 12:19 AM

We did fertility treatments. We did a round in September that I knew had failed the minute I left the doctor's office. As I drove home I was suddenly filled with this overwhelming calmness that we would get pregnant the next month and that it would be twins. That feeling was right!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 PM

I wanted/prayed for twins and I got them. : Of course, I did pray for identical boys but got a boy and a girl. Oh well, guess you can't be picky. :

Blessed mama of four
::
Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 AM

We did ivf. We wanted twins first, but didn't think we'd gotten them. We were shocked when our doc said she saw twins. We'd also wanted a boy and a girl, or two girls. We didn't even have NAMES picked out for two boys cuz we were so sure we weren't having two boys! Well surprise surprise, i've got two little men now!

SAHM to 2 year olds Tesla and Lucius. twins.gif

User Tag List