Pregnant Mama Roll Call! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 12-15-2008, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a shout out to all of our pregnant mamas of multiples! Who is here these days? I haven't seen a pregnant mama check in thread in a while and am wondering how everybody is doing, how far along you are, and your birthing plans.

I hope you are all eating protein, drinking water, and enjoying your pregnancy as much as possible! :

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#2 of 59 Old 12-15-2008, 06:47 PM

Helloooooooo

I think I haven't posted an update in a while as I have found so many answers to my questions just by searching previous posts. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found MDC!

So, here I am...34 weeks + 4 days and going strong! Okay, I am pretty tired, and spend most of the day on the couch, but otherwise am well. Our di-di baby girls appear to be growing well, but just haven't found their sense of direction. Baby A has been breech for about a month and Baby B was vertex though I have a feeling she is now transverse (for a while they were both transverse). Unfortunately midwives in Ontario (Canada) cannot attend home births (or at least according to their regulatory College), so we did transfer our care to an experienced OB. If Baby A continues to be breech we are bound for the dreaded c-section (breech birth of baby A not even an option here)...here's hoping these girls stop and ask for directions on their way out!

We are also having the "not letting you go past 38 weeks" debate and the "we really want you to have an epidural debate"...sigh...it does take a lot of energy to do things the way you want them. I do actually like this OB, and he has 35+ years of experience, which means he has kind of been-there-done-that. We will wait and see and continue to advocate for as little intervention as possible.

Other than that, it's definitely getting more difficult to eat all that food, though I can't get over how thirsty I am so I do drink an enormous amount of water every day. I still have only gained 30 lbs...I suffer from morning sickness with all of my pregnancies for 9 FULL months, so this is no surprise, but I did expect to gain more this time around. Here is a link to some maternity photos I had done last week... http://simplephoto.typepad.com/a_sim...ernity_photos/ (I'm the first set of photos in the red sweater).

Oh, and I forgot the KILLER heartburn!!! (okay, so maybe I do have a complaint or two )

Looking forward to sharing this exciting time with all of you.

Cheers,
Tammy

Tammy, Canadian Mama to 4 girls May-02...March-05 and...identical twin girls Jan-09
#3 of 59 Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 PM

i'm having the killer heartburn too! i'm about 27 weeks now. two boys. i'm feeling great but having a hard time getting around (or sitting....or lying down....).

both boys have been transverse the whole time but i have crazy cervix bumping pains today so i think someone's feet or head is down there for a change. they still got a little wiggle room.

i have a great ob. we're planning a hospital birth. i'm supposed to be delivering in an operating room, but i can be in whatever position works for me and they aren't asking me to have anything but a heplock. we'll see how that all plays out. i'm trying to be open to whatever happens.....

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#4 of 59 Old 12-15-2008, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies! It's really great to hear that you are both doing well. Oh, the heartburn - the good thing is, it does disappear as soon as you deliver!

SuzyQ, I love the photos! Thank you for sharing! It's so much fun to see big twin baby bellies.

Aja, your OB does sound like a good catch.

I'll be sending "turn, baby, turn" vibes to both of you! :

#5 of 59 Old 12-15-2008, 08:15 PM

I've been a member of MDC for awhile, but I haven't spent much time on here recently...well, until I became pregnant and extremely sick. Anyway...

I'm 12 weeks now and I guess I'm really lucky to have found out about the twins at 10w4d during a dating u/s. They both look great and are in their own little sacs.

These little ones will be welcomed by 3 older brothers - can you guess we are routing for girls?!

I've learned so much already from the posts and I look forward to getting to know you all in this special journey to becoming twin mommies!

~jordana
#6 of 59 Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 PM

I'm a gestational surrogate almost 10 weeks preggo with twins! I lurk on this board a lot trying to gather info from you all

I am a homebirther but can't have these beastie-babies at home (midwives can't attend twins at home in my state) so I am VERY nervously searching for my first OB. (I will meet my first try at the end of the month...the practice sounds "crunchy" ) And I will see my midwife along side the OB and she will be my "doula"...

They're dizygotic, we know this cause they are in separate sacs in seperate locations and were transferred (IVF) on day 5...

Looking forward to months of learning from you all...
#7 of 59 Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 PM

I'm here too. I've got a sonogram tomorrow, just a basic growth scan. I'm 23.4 weeks now, and I can't even believe it! It's going so quickly! I quit work in two weeks though, which makes me really, really sad. I'm a nanny for two two-year old boys and I'm just so attached to them. Their mom and I are both in denial that I'm actually going to leave.

Here's a picture of me at 21 weeks over Thanksgiving. I've grown a LOT in the last two weeks though, since my ab muscles have started to separate.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...s-sideview.jpg

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
#8 of 59 Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 PM

i'm here, too... 26 weeks with two boys. i'm 99.9% sure they're fraternal. they're looking great so far, thank goodness!

i feel totally great, aside from being on bed rest for cervical issues (i should be able to be up and around the house at least at 28 wks if everything stays stable, woohoo!). honestly no major complaints so far, aside from the completely cosmetic concern about the current state of my thighs... but i'm hoping that it's due to the bed rest, and that once i can be moving around like a normal person they'll mellow out.

like aja-belly, i'm planning on a hospital birth w/delivery in the OR too. in the area where i live there is no other option unfortunately. i'm just hoping that baby A flips to vertex so that i can go for a vaginal birth. i'll do everything that i can to achieve it, but won't feel horrible if i can't. whatever it takes to get my two guys out safe+sound... they'll be my first and i am just so over the moon to be a mama.......
#9 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 01:16 AM

Hi there. I'm here at 24.5 weeks with momo twins. They are boys and doing great. Last appointment they were weighing it at over 1.5 lbs each..YAY!

For those who aren't aware, momo twins require very intense monitoring. I just started home monitoring which consist of NST every 3-4 hours.

I'm doing great. Since this is #2 and #3, I think we maybe done, but pregnancy sure does agree with me. My only complaint...I'm tall so alot of my maternity clothes are already not long enough. I didn't have this problem to late in my pregnancy with my oldest, but between how I am carrying and that there are 2, I think it is just a fact of life.

Again, because they are momo, I am planning and have come to grips with the fact that I will have a c-section. Both boys are head down (sigh) and I keep doing pelvic opening and kegals more out of habit than anything else. Oh yeah, that and it feels good.

It's good to see other pregnant multiple moms on here.

Babywearing, breastfeeding, Mother of MoMo twins and their older brother.
#10 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 01:24 AM

Great idea, kjoy! I love hearing how all the soon to be mamas are doing. I know there is something for the heartburn, is it magnesium, or the cal/mag blend???? I remember getting a little and my MW telling me something to take, but all my preggo supplements are a blur now! I really think it helped b/c I am only 5'3" and gained 80 lbs, so it seems I should have had some.... maybe it was acupuncture that helped... I'm sure someone with some brain function left will jump in here....
Anyways, I'm glad you are all doing well and I'll be looking forward to up-to-the-minute updates from you all!:
#11 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 AM

aww, it's soo nice to hear from you all

beautiful bellies :

i feel all tearful like a grandma now

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#12 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukr View Post

i feel all tearful like a grandma now
I know! My twins will be SIX YEARS OLD next month! Where did that time go?!?!?!?

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#13 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 12:52 PM

Well I'm here too! 27W4D with boys!

Physically I'm doing fantastic. Mentally, I guess I'm having more issues than I've been able to recognize. I "know" I'm happy and I'm lucky and everything is great. But these hormones make me feel so sad. It is very odd for me because I'm normally a very glass-half-full, happy sort of girl!

My husband is so sweet last night he got me to realize it isn't "me" it is the hormones. I was getting so down on myself about my poor negative attitude. I just feel so irrational right now.

The boys are doing great. Measuring large and perfect. Both were breech a week ago, but I think my right side baby (presenting B) has flipped to vertex or transverse. "Lefty" feels the same and continues to kick my cervix in the evenings!

We are trying to plan a home birth but still looking for a midwife. We do have a good hospital back up plan.

Deanna Mom to 3 boys! Jake (April 2006) & Twin Boobie Monsters Wesley & Nathan (Feb 2009)!  homeschool.gif nocirc.gif

#14 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 01:49 PM

Hello all-- I'm 18 weeks pregnant with twins. Doing well, though growing by leaps and bounds suddenly. I'm in that in between phase right now, though-- some symptoms have let up (though I did puke on Monday-- fun!) but not yet feeling the babies, and don't yet know sexes (have anatomy scan January 5th, eek!) I'm doing a hospital birth-- and the hospital I'm at has pretty good birthing rooms, with tubs, rooming in, fairly progressive stances toward natural birth, etc. (as it's in Berkeley)-- but with twins I think I'll be shunted to the OR. Sigh!
#15 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 03:13 PM

Hi All: I guess it is time to say that I am here too. I am still very early, 7 weeks, but they confirmed twins at 5 weeks. We are in total shock and still trying to deal with the news. I am having a hard time giving up my dream of another natural birth like the one I had with my DS so I am busy interviewing midwives to see who will be willing to deliver twins and what is involved. I have hundreds of questions and worries, but all will be addressed in good time I suppose.

On the positive side, aside from feeling a little foggy-headed (just like with my DS) I feel fine, no m/s or anything else. And I am really glad to have found such a supportive group of women here is this forum!

Mama to DS 10/06, DD & DS 08/09
#16 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 03:58 PM

I'm 20wks a some days. We just found out Friday for sure that it's twins! ACK!

Though with all the movement I've been feeling since 16 weeks I had a hunch.

I'm starting to feel very tired and big already. If I carry around the 30lb 16 month old too long I feel like my vagina is going to pop out. This is making DH very tired. But I think he's stressed anyway since he's the SAHD and is looking at 3 in a few months!!

Everyone is very excited for us ... we are still in shock ... I'm hoping for a natural hospital birth ... FL doesn't allow midwives to deliver twins ... I'll meet the OB on Friday but she is highly recommended by the midwife, it's even her OB...

SAH Lubrarian Mamatrekkie.gif to our little man Caelan Paul kid.gif(8/26/07) two bouncy boys Westley Allen and Atticus Joseph fencing.gif(04/14/09) our sweet surprise HBAC Jasper Merle (03/26/13) stork-boy.gif and mate to my retired SAHDH who is now children's author/illustrator Joe Luby http://ow.ly/r8Fom.modifiedartist.gif  
#17 of 59 Old 12-16-2008, 05:32 PM

I had a GREAT appointment today.

I've got two big babies measuring 9 days ahead. I'm 23.4 weeks and the babies are measuring 24.6 weeks. I got told I have a "remarkable" cervix and everything looks great! And both babies are head down, though I know that can change pretty easily for a while yet.

My only big complaint lately is that I'm TIRED. I'm exhausted every moment of every day and I can't sleep at night, which makes it so much worse. I'm off of work in two weeks though, so maybe I can get some good rest and not feel so tired all the time.

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
#18 of 59 Old 12-17-2008, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Yay for all the pregnant mommies!
Please share belly photos throughout your pregnancies if you aren't too camera shy :

#19 of 59 Old 12-17-2008, 04:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm in my 14th weeks now and I'm basically EXHAUSTED and SICK every single day! My hubby and I are thrilled that we're expecting twins but we had no idea how motionless I could be with these angels. My hubby is wonderful, he goes to work from 6am to 3pm then comes home to be Mr. Mom, helps my daughter with her homework, then cook dinner, load dishes into dishwasher, clean, and while multitasking with those daily stuff, he takes care of me! He also is very patient with me complaining for being able to do little things around the house without the need to run to bathroom to vomit or the false-alarm vomit!

My pregnancy isn't fun this time around but its gonna be all worth it when these babies pops out.

And also, we would like to know our sex hopefully by February. I would love at least a boy and a girl OR two boys but I am definitely not getting pregnant again, if my hubby want more children..hes going to be pregnant the next round!

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
#20 of 59 Old 12-17-2008, 04:59 PM

Hang in there mamas!!! For most people, the second trimester gets better
My first trimester was spent parked on the couch reading the Harry Potter series (for the first time!). I had NO energy, but I got a lot more in the second trimester. Everyone is different, but I would get as much "done" in the second trimester as you can (while taking it easy). If you think you're big now....... And yes, please, let's have some more BELLY SHOTS!!!! You mamas who have posted yours are Beautiful!!! I especially loved seeing Suzy Q's, then scrolling down to the singleton pregnancy to see what a difference! I will NEVER think a full-term singleton mama has a big belly ever again!
#21 of 59 Old 12-17-2008, 05:34 PM

here's mine @ 24w3d - excuse the sweats, i'm on bed rest

i'm in my 26th week now and need to take a new one, it has definitely grown!!!
#22 of 59 Old 12-17-2008, 05:34 PM

Hang in there mamas!!! For most people, the second trimester gets better
My first trimester was spent parked on the couch reading the Harry Potter series (for the first time!). I had NO energy, but I got a lot more in the second trimester. Everyone is different, but I would get as much "done" in the second trimester as you can (while taking it easy). If you think you're big now....... And yes, please, let's have some more BELLY SHOTS!!!! You mamas who have posted yours are Beautiful!!! I especially loved seeing Suzy Q's, then scrolling down to the singleton pregnancy to see what a difference! I will NEVER think a full-term singleton mama has a big belly ever again!
#23 of 59 Old 12-17-2008, 06:09 PM

When my hubby comes home from his meeting today.. I'll ask him to attach the scanner/printer to our laptop so I could scan and post the 3 ultrasound pictures and also a picture of my belly.

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
#24 of 59 Old 12-17-2008, 06:17 PM

god this thread is making me so happy that my twin pregnancy is but a distant memory...

I vaguely recall the following: sheer EXHAUSTION, morning sickness 24/7, and crazy emotions. It did get better in the second tri, but by the third tri I was miserable and felt like there was no room left in my body.

And I "only" went to 34w. There are plenty of mamas on here who went to 38, 39, even past 40 weeks!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#25 of 59 Old 12-18-2008, 11:25 AM

Guess I will be joining you all! : We found out at our dating u/s Monday that we are having DZ twins. We didn't use fertility treatments. I am now 9w5d, and it turned out to be such a huge shock. I had suspected from the early onset of my m/s and a very dark 10dpo HPT that we may have twins. However at my first appt (5w2d), she told us that we only had one pg. You can imagine our shock. And now, I am somewhat petrified. My OB is supportive of vaginal birth but not optimistic, and my plan of a natural birth seems to be flying out the window. I am still trying to wrap my head around the prospect of having two babies. My 5yo DD is absolutely thrilled, and we have a great family support system. I look forward to sharing this amazing journey with you all.

Brandy
#26 of 59 Old 12-18-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptytank2000 View Post
Guess I will be joining you all! : We found out at our dating u/s Monday that we are having DZ twins. We didn't use fertility treatments.
Brandy
Congrats! Just FYI, though, there's no way to know for sure at this point that your twins are DZ.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#27 of 59 Old 12-18-2008, 01:17 PM

Congrats, Emptytank!
#28 of 59 Old 12-18-2008, 03:05 PM

Welcome, emptytank, and here's to next year's FULLtank.
It will take some time to have that news sink in. I laughed, I cried, I told everyone, I cried some more, I got excited..... and I did this litany over and over..... WELCOME!!!
#29 of 59 Old 12-18-2008, 03:19 PM

Hi mamas,

I am expecting twins in June. 15 weeks with fraternal.We are thrilled. Our twins are our ivf babies due to unexplained secondary infertility. The first trimester was scary. Nausea, constipation, fatigue. As you all know. Now I feel great. I am cooking and cleaning eating. YAY.. The twins will have an older sister Kaelen. She will be 11 by the time they are here. They will also have an older brother Drew 9 with Asperger's syndrome. We are exploring our options as far as birthing plans go. I would like a hb but will probably end up in the operating room.. Our anatomy scan is Jan 8th.. I am counting down the days.

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#30 of 59 Old 12-18-2008, 03:27 PM

KJ: Also ivf babies here. Our anatomy scan is January 5. I can't wait!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page