need 1st b-day ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-04-2003, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My twins have seperate birthdays and their firsts are coming up in a few weeks. (They are the same week of Christmas a few days before actually.)

Anyone have any ideas for me? (I'm kinda braindead lately)

I have boy, girl twins. The girl was born first so her party will be on saturday and his on sunday.

Peace,
#2 of 7 Old 12-04-2003, 10:53 AM

Here are some of our tried-and-true favorite presents that dd and ds got for their first birthday, which they loved then and are still playing with now 6 months later. We did "joint" presents because they were too young for gender differentiated toys (not that I'm crazy about that idea anyway) and they end up sharing all toys anyway at this age. Worked really well.

* A large wooden xylophone (from Right Start or Back to Basics toys) - it's about 2.5 feet long and they can both play with it without clobbering each other!

* Wooden alphabet blocks in a rolling cart.

* Board books. Zillions of them.

* Wooden peg puzzles made by Lights Camera Interaction - 3 animals to a board... nice and easy shapes, with large pegs.

* Shape sorter.

* Stacking rings.

These toys are all available from Back to Basics, HearthSong, and Sensational Beginnings (all are online under same name).

Congratulations. 1 is such a milestone! What a happy day.
#3 of 7 Old 12-09-2003, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

I like your ideas. Thanks.

It would be easy to just have the party at 10pm and continue into the wee hours of the 21st since they were born around that time and they are up late some nights anyway.

How funny would that be to hold their first b-days late at night. Sure would be easier on me and since we don't have a lot of money to have one big party much less two, it would be a lot of fun for our close friends and family who'd dare come. (okay, so I probably wouldn't invite any kids to it. )

I dunno what to do. I need to decide pretty soon but I have SO much stuff going on right now. If anone comes up with any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks.
#4 of 7 Old 12-11-2003, 03:22 AM

Wow you are brave....two birthdays!! I understand being particular when they are turning 10 but they wont know that they are only getting one birthday. plus it will be much more fun to invite a few friends and family over for cake and set up the babies in their highchair to celebrate their birthday together. we have never been particular about the day we celebrate birthdays on. we usually just celebrate on the weekend before or after the birthday. you dont have to spend a lot of money to have a nice event that you will always remember. Plus most twins do have the same birthday. i know my birthday is 2 days after my twins birthday so we will all be sharing our birthday partys this year (their first birthday too)

just relax and have fun. let them dig into some cake together and get some good messy pictures

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#5 of 7 Old 12-12-2003, 03:09 PM

My girls turn 1 this coming Tuesday (the 16th) and I too have been looking for fun birthday ideas. (Their party is this Sunday.) Two things that I have decided on for sure is that they both get their own cake to destroy and that they both get Happy Birthday sung to them individually. Otherwise it's all up in the air.

What are you buying them for gifts? We have SO MANY toys from our oldest dd that I am just getting them a little something sentimental. I'm going to buy them those charms that are two pieces that fit together. I'll then get them engraved with their name and "Happy 1st Birthday". It's something they can keep with them and cherish for forever. Everyone else is buying them toys and clothes...I want a keepsake for them.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#6 of 7 Old 12-13-2003, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Great ideas mamas thanks.

You know I haven't even gotten them presents yet. I am hoping to make them a waldorf doll or some felt animals.

Good point on just having their first together. I think I want to celebrate the different days just because of how their birth was. Although, I am leaning against midnight. Gee, I wonder why.
Maybe when they are teens we can have late night family parties.

Y'all have given me lots to think about and helped me. Anyone else that wants to post, I'd love your input.

Let us know (here) how the party went., 1plus2. I am eager to hear.

Peace,
#7 of 7 Old 12-14-2003, 11:07 PM

Party was snowed out...we got over 7" with ice on top of it. It's been rescheduled to this Wednesday. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page