Two boys! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I had my anatomy scan ultrasound (I'm just under 21 weeks) and both babies look completely healthy and normal, which is so wonderful!! We also found out that we're having two boys! Eek! I was convinced (for no good reason) that at least one was a girl, so now I'm trying to get my head wrapped around this. (but overall very happy)

Any advice for me, from mamas of twin boys? (or from anyone else, for that matter?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 07:28 PM

Congratulations!

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 PM

No advice but wanted to say congrats!! We have our scan Thursday. I am just about 18 weeks with twins. Congrats again on your healthy boys..

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 PM

just congratulations

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 PM

Congrats : I don't know about advice but good luck :
Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 PM

Congrats on the boys! You will have fun with 2 boys, trust me!

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 PM

Twin boys are awesome! I never thought I'd have ONE boy, let alone two! Dh and I figured that there was no possible way one of them wasn't a girl, since we already had 2 girls but alas, they surprised us both! It's been a lot of fun and very interesting to see how instinctively *boy* they really can be. I'm so thankful now that I'm getting to experience boys, although I admit I was very intimidated before having them at the thought of raising sons. It's great though! Congratulations!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 AM

Aw, I have twin boys and it's... um... my advice is to invest in some good toilet cleaner, they just can't aim to save their lives!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 01-06-2009, 12:55 AM

Congratulations! I'm having twin boys also.

I have a son already and I think I'm good with boys, so I'm looking forward to two more. I guess if you are good with Pee and Dirt you'll do great!

Deanna Mom to 3 boys! Jake (April 2006) & Twin Boobie Monsters Wesley & Nathan (Feb 2009)!  homeschool.gif nocirc.gif

Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 PM

woohoo! i am also pg with twin boys. :

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
Old 01-07-2009, 04:50 PM

me too... can't wait to see them grow up and do all those brother-y things together
Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 PM

WOO HOO!!!!!!!! Congrats on the 2 boys!

Denise, mama to ds1 (03/26/05) and boy/girl twins born 08/12/08
Old 01-07-2009, 10:19 PM
A&A

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Congrats! Please make sure to visit the "Case Against Circumcision" forum here at MDC.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
Old 01-07-2009, 11:19 PM

Congrats...as the mother of 4 girls I can't even imagine all that testosterone :

Tammy, Canadian Mama to 4 girls May-02...March-05 and...identical twin girls Jan-09
Old 01-08-2009, 02:50 AM

I was shocked to find out two boys as well...I was sure that baby A was a girl. No, my Joe is all boy. They are 15 months and it is a LOT of fun!
Congratulations! Best to you all.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:47 AM

YEAH for BOYS!!!!:::

I knew I was a good mom of boys when I saw fake bugs and spiders on the floor and they didn't freak me out!! Both my DH and I have sisters so the boy thing was completely new to me!! We have lots of energy at our house, but lots of fun!

I have my own bathroom- a must with 5 boys!!!

Congratulations Mama! Feel free to PM me if you have any boy questions!!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:25 AM

Wow! What is it with everyone having twin boys right now?

I'm 31 weeks along with my own little wild men. It's taking me quite awhile to get my head wrapped around it too. I guess it will be easier once they're actually out.

Single mom to the Crunchy Froglets, Keith and Carlin, twin boys born 1/30/09. Frozen for 10 years, now unleashed on the world.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 PM

My advice:
-get used to dirt. and lots of it.
-be ready for some very energetic and active children.
-enjoy every minute of it.

My guys are 16 months now, and they are partners in crime. It's amazing to watch them follow each other around (usually making mischief), and now they are starting to pretend together: SO cute!

I never thought I really wanted to have a boy, but I am so so glad now to have my healthy, happy little men. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the whole world.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrina View Post
My advice:
I'd like to add to the above. "Become comfortable with urine".

Boys love to pee. They love to talk about pee, watch themselves pee, watch dogs pee, watch dad pee, listen to mom peeing. You get the idea!

Deanna Mom to 3 boys! Jake (April 2006) & Twin Boobie Monsters Wesley & Nathan (Feb 2009)!  homeschool.gif nocirc.gif

Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaK View Post
I'd like to add to the above. "Become comfortable with urine".

Boys love to pee. They love to talk about pee, watch themselves pee, watch dogs pee, watch dad pee, listen to mom peeing. You get the idea!
I had one that was fascinated with peeing into different things. We'd find a pop bottle in the trash with urine in it.

[QUOTE=valkyrina;12994248]My advice:

My guys are 16 months now, and they are partners in crime. It's amazing to watch them follow each other around (usually making mischief), and now they are starting to pretend together: SO cute!

valkyrina- I just have to ask- we've been doing the boy thing for 12 1/2 years now, and I've never had any of my older boys get into so much stuff!!!! I'm wondering if it's a twin thing??? They figured out how to get the fridge open this week- one got a container of spaghetti sauce, proceeded to the couch and dumped the whole thing over himself and the couch!! They never play with toys!! They only want to play with stuff in the house. The word NO means nothing to them. I need to post on gentle discipline!!!

Do any of you have boys that do this????
Old 01-15-2009, 10:00 PM

Big congrats!! I was an only child and so I was a little "what am I going to do with boys?" and I can tell you they are the light of my life and a real kick in the pants! It has been a real joy watching them play and become friends in the last months (they are 12months)
ENJOY!!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:

valkyrina- I just have to ask- we've been doing the boy thing for 12 1/2 years now, and I've never had any of my older boys get into so much stuff!!!! I'm wondering if it's a twin thing??? They figured out how to get the fridge open this week- one got a container of spaghetti sauce, proceeded to the couch and dumped the whole thing over himself and the couch!! They never play with toys!! They only want to play with stuff in the house. The word NO means nothing to them. I need to post on gentle discipline!!!

Do any of you have boys that do this????
mine are 3 now and not quite as destructive as 6 months ago or so... but for awhile they would not leave the kitchen alone... messes with cracked eggs, whole bags of flour, sugar, rice etc...
Old 01-15-2009, 10:42 PM

Congrats!

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
Old 01-16-2009, 01:14 AM

Congratulations! Hooray for brother-love!

My own twin boys are nearly 6 and they are best, best friends. When I was newly pregnant I thought that *surely* at least one of the babies would be a girl. We decided to find out specifically because we were afraid of the "twin boys" possibility. We were broken in slowly since one baby was shy at the first u/s and for a whole month we only knew that one of the babies was a boy. Once we found out about the other one, it took us about an hour to adjust, and then we were excited. And while I maintain that I think the easiest kind of twins to have (if there is such a thing) are boy-girl twins, in the end of course, it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

Do you have any guesses about zygosity? I think I remember the doctor saying that there was a 33% chance that mine would be monozygotic (though I was 98% certain that they would be dizygotic since I conceived them on clomid).

Congrats again!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Though of course I can't know for 100% sure until they're born, I'm assuming that they're dizygotic. Separate sacs, separate placentas, and they were I transferred 3 embryos via IVF. So the odds are really, really pointing toward dizygotic. But the doc did say there's always that slight chance of monozygotic. But very slight!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:29 PM

We found out our boys (separate sacs, separate placentas) were monozygotic at 18 months. We were told for boy twins it's 25% chance or less to be MZ. Throughout the whole pregnancy our doctor told us DZ, but they looked identical so we had them tested.

User Tag List