how many of you just knew? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all

ho many of you just simply knew before any scans or dopplers etc,did you just know?

I knew because:

* I had a dream..yes,just the one
* I felt it deep down
* my son kept telling me
* I felt movement at 7 weeks..yes realy
* when people asked about the baby it felt wrongi had to tell them i suspected babies..and they instantly believed me!

this is my 4th pregnancy,I am so exited.yes,a tad nervous but more exited :::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 PM

I always find it interesting to read all of these stories of people just knowing...I had NO clue...I mean, NONE...no family history, no symptoms that made me think "twins". I mean yes, I was exhausted, terribly sick, and a little bigger than I expected, but it was also my 3rd pregnancy and I guess I just attributed it to that. In fact, I told my husband to not even bother coming to our 12 week ultrasound...thank goodness he chose to ignore me and came The only thing I can say is that when I had my first daughter and she was about 3 days old I remember thinking, 'how on earth do people do this with twins'...I'm sure my fate was sealed that very day

Tammy, Canadian Mama to 4 girls May-02...March-05 and...identical twin girls Jan-09
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM

I just knew the seond time. The first time I was clueless.

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 01-13-2009, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I knew. I was measuring bigger but assumed because it was my 3rd pregnancy. But, I was having twin dreams and obsessing with coming up with names for boy/boy, boy/girl, girl/girl. And was thinking, why am I doing this of course there's one, but it was a nagging feeling that just got bigger as I got way bigger than I should have been. When I went in for an U/S at 12 weeks (i hadn't planned on it at all) I think I would've been more shocked that there weren't 2 in there.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 AM

I wouldn't have suspected twins. I don't have the family history, haven't had any dreams about twins, and don't think my symptoms are terribly exaggerated. BUT, DH had dreams about twins, and so did my brother!

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 AM

Nope, not me.

In retrospect, there were a few weird things that made sense. But before we knew it was twins, it was easy to explain them away as partly being due to enormous stress I was under at work, and partly due to "every pregnancy is different".

I really thought #3 was twins. But nope - just an 11 lb 1 oz baby (I think he was draining resources early on!)

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
Old 01-13-2009, 02:31 AM

I had no idea it was twins until we saw them on the sono. But once I knew it was twins, I just knew they were MZ girls. I posted about it on another board when I was 9 weeks along, and I was proven right just about a year later when we got the genetic testing results.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

I love it :intuition is so amazing isnt it?
all i could read about was twins,and even before i knew when people asked i couldnt say there was one baby..i ised to tell people and think what if im ...but i knew i wasnt wrong .
Old 01-13-2009, 09:44 AM

I didn't think about it one way or the other but my husband predicted it and the next evening at an eight week u/s, there they were!

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
Old 01-13-2009, 10:05 AM

I think I knew
I was the one that told the OB at my 5 week ultrasound to look for a second one LOL

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 AM

I just knew. The whole way to the u/s, i was hoping I was wrong, but turned out I was having twins.

Denise, mama to ds1 (03/26/05) and boy/girl twins born 08/12/08
Old 01-13-2009, 12:07 PM

Looking back I would say that I knew. I was bigger, sicker and just had that feeling but I always talked myself out of it. Every once in a while I would get that feeling but then think "OK, no way are there two babies". But something told us to do the ultrasound at 14 weeks to confirm and there they were. I was still surprised but more in a "I can't believe I knew it" kind of way .

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

Old 01-13-2009, 12:33 PM

when i got my hcg results back, i knew. they were high, but not scary-high... i wasn't really basing it on the numbers, but it just cemented a feeling that i already had. i cried at the first u/s, when we saw the two sacs... such a sweet memory...

even stranger though is that when my husband and i first started dating (8ish yrs ago?) a friend of mine who professes to be a bit psychic predicted that we'd have twins together eventually...
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 PM

I knew. I kept telling my MW to reassure me it was just one. I had twin dreams. I was SO sick. And I too felt movement WAY early.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 PM

I knew -
-3 dreams 3 nights in a row
-buying one boy thing and one girl thing at garage sales
-asked the dr. very early to see if she could find 2 heartbeats (she shhshed me )
-felt movement early
-always called them "they" not "he/she"
-grew out of my regular clothes by 2 months

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
Old 01-13-2009, 01:31 PM

I don't think I KNEW, not exactly, but I think I kind of had a feeling. We'd been joking for weeks that I was having quads (!!!) because I was so big so early, and I felt so different from how I felt with one. Plus, people kept asking me if I thought I was having a boy or a girl, and I kept having these really strong intuitions that it was a boy, and then later I'd feel exactly the same way that it was a girl. Turns out it was both!

When the midwife mentioned the possibility, and recommended that we change our plan and get an u/s after all, I wasn't really all that surprised.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 01-13-2009, 01:39 PM

I'm also one of those who aren't sure I knew, but I wasn't surprised when we found out. It just felt right if that makes sense.

Babywearing, breastfeeding, Mother of MoMo twins and their older brother.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Well, my twins come from IVF, so I had early blood tests, early u/s, and obviously a heightened chance of twins, so not much time to build up intuition. Not that I would have trusted it if I had it-- I "just knew" that I was finally pregnant about a million times when I really wasn't during some years of infertility.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:18 PM

I just knew it because my belly felt much far along than the doctor told me and I was just too sick, too tired and too hungry. My husband and I went to my friend's birthday dinner on November 1st, and I told my friends that my baby has to be much furter along or its gonna be twins! My friends were like, ahh I see.

Then on Nov 8th, had an ultrasound, YEP twins! I said to my husband, See I told you! I told you! I knew it! I knew it. My doctor laughed and looked at us. My husband was just standing there looking at the ultrasound machine and was really surprised. He said, you were right.

Then I announced to all of my friends and every single of them said, wow you were right!

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

excellent
Old 01-15-2009, 01:50 AM

I had no idea. No family history, nothing. It just wasn't on my radar, although I guess it should have been because I was so big so early, and the week before the u/s I had a dream that they found four in there! And the whole week before the u/s, my friends at work kept kidding that it must be twins because I was so big. And I was all like "not funny, guys. Not funny." hmmm.....
Old 01-15-2009, 04:17 AM

I KNEW right away. The first week after I took the test I just felt compelled to look up twin info. We did an early scan and we found "the baby" and I said I was so glad to see a healthy baby and I had the scan to see the baby, get my due date and make sure there was only one in there. The tech asked me why I thought I was having twins and I told her I just had this feeling I couldn't shake. She then found another blob and asked if we could see that, DH asked if it was a foot, I thought it was a leg, she said "no, it's a twin". I freaked out and I believe I started using some rather colorful explicatives LOL. I was 7 weeks 4 days when we saw both fetal poles (mine are MZ).

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 01-15-2009, 02:45 PM

I just new - as soon as I knew I was pg I started thinking in my head "the babies" instead of "the baby". Sometimes I'd slip in my speech and say that too which would really make my dh nuts. We didn't find out for quite awhile and I battled with accepting that my twins were really just one baby, as my mw was really thinking. It just never felt right. I do remember having dreams about that but I can't remember now what they were about or if it was before or after knowing. Oh, also, years before ever ttc my first child (the twins were #3 & #4) I *knew* I'd have twins. Just knew it. So it really was never a surprise finding out.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I just new - as soon as I knew I was pg I started thinking in my head "the babies" instead of "the baby". Sometimes I'd slip in my speech and say that too which would really make my dh nuts. We didn't find out for quite awhile and I battled with accepting that my twins were really just one baby, as my mw was really thinking. It just never felt right.
sounds very familier
I arent having any scans ,so I wont find out for sure ntil later but I already know if you know what I mean?::::::::t wins:
Old 01-21-2009, 03:46 AM

Well, I knew deep down, and thought about it at 16 weeks when my fundal height was at my belly button, but then repressed all thought of twins by 20 weeks when my fundal height measured right on (the rest of the pregnancy, even) and I didn't gain any more weight than with my two former pregnancies.

I honestly didn't think about having two, but yet I couldn't accept the fact that I was having either a boy, OR a girl...I couldn't let go of either one of those images, and I had guessed my first two babies correctly (singletons.) And when I felt the limbs (two many legs or arms) I had a slight twinge of wondering, but never anything concrete.

It was my third pregnancy, so I chalked it up to that. Until the midwife felt the lump in my belly after my dd was born, then I KNEW that I had always known, and I felt "validated" in a way...though I was glad we didn't know for the stress it would have caused!

Deb
Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

what a beautiful story,so you didnt find out realy until the birth?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:22 PM

I knew right away. I knew I was having multiples and told my husband. We had a hard time conceiving, but as soon as I was pregnant (naturally) I said to him that there was more than one baby. At our 8 week ultrasound his response was : My response was "only two?" I was convinced I was having triplets. I also knew from early on (guessing) that there were two boys in there - we called them peanut and jellybean until we named them. My husband is a twin and there are twins on both his mother and father's side and there are twins on both my parent's side as well, so we were "doomed" to have twins. It is such a blessing!

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

i was doing some birth art and i couldnt paint one baby,i had to paint 2!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 PM

I just knew. Had several dreams and just felt it. Husband knew this and just laughed at the sono at 19 weeks. No one else believed me until then.

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

Old 01-27-2009, 08:59 PM

I knew I was having twins after I had a dream early on about 2 mos. and felt the baby in a different place then my single pregnancies.

User Tag List