Recommendations for online sales of twin gear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Everybody,

I am wondering what other moms have found for good online sales sites.

I would like to find something more specific to multiples than using Craigslist or Kijiji and listing in Baby Items. Yes, I know we have Trading Post, but since I want to sell a twin stroller and the smallest clothes, it would be only MDC members who are pregnant with twins who might see my items - seems like too small a pool.

Could be a second-hand stroller site, or other sales site. I don't necessarily care if I can list everything in the same place or not.

I am looking for suggestions other than eBay because I think their fees are pretty high. Ditto for selling it through my province's multiples club. Shipping to the USA is often cheaper for us than shipping within Canada, so don't worry that you need to restrict your suggestions to Canadian sites only.

What recommendations can you make for me? When I've looked, it seems like most of the other sites just have really low traffic. For example, I did find a Canadian-specific second-hand stroller site, but it just didn't seem very active.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
#2 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there a mother-of-twins type group in your area? The ones around me have both online listings (that go out to a bunch of other twin/multiple moms in the group) as well as a huge yearly garage sale. And that way you don't have to worry about shipping. I wouldn't write off Craig's List either, though.
#3 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 PM

maybe you could post on the trading post and link it in this thread? i know the moms of multiples groups here do alot of trading/selling of stuff.

so...what kinda cute baby boy twin stuff you got?

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#4 of 6 Old 01-14-2009, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi again,

Thanks for both replies.

The convenience of not dealing with shipping probably won't work that well for me, as I live in a rural area in a sparsely-populated province. I am a member of our provincial Multiples organization, and they do have two sales a year. While their sales might be OK for clothes, their 25-30% commission seems unreasonably high on more expensive items like high-end strollers.

I'll have to go digging back in the MDC rules, but I thought we weren't allowed to add Trading Post listing comments to our signatures. Good suggestion - I will double-check.

Consider this a What have other people heard of and used for online sale sites other than eBay, Kijiji, and Craigslist?

Continued thanks!

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
#5 of 6 Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 PM

I have never used it, but I'm fairly sure there's a forum via the Twins Magazine site that might get a bit more traffic. Will see if I can find a link...
As for my stuff, I used Ebay, Craigslist and had one mother of a garage sale!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#6 of 6 Old 01-14-2009, 10:47 PM

I think NOMOTC might have a classifieds section. I know Triplet Connection and MOST both do. (I bought my quad stroller off of one of those boards!)

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page