Homebirth -what gestational week safe? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2009, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My midwife is 36 weeks as well. Some are 37. She REALLY wanted me past 38. I went to 39!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 AM

My midwife said 36 weeks, but I am pretty sure she said she MAY consider 35 weeks, depending on how things looked at the time. In the end I went to 40 weeks, 1 day so it didn't matter. It sure did feel good to get to the 36 week mark, though! My homebirth felt secure then.

Blessed mama of four
::
Old 01-18-2009, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
PP-are you risked out of hb because of twins or because of vbac twins? just curious.

sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
Old 01-18-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoady View Post
PP-are you risked out of hb because of twins or because of vbac twins? just curious.

sarah
Who me? Just because of twins.

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

Old 01-18-2009, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by labortrials View Post
Who me? Just because of twins.
Is it illegal in your state? I'm homebirthing twins. (that's the plan)

Deanna Mom to 3 boys! Jake (April 2006) & Twin Boobie Monsters Wesley & Nathan (Feb 2009)!  homeschool.gif nocirc.gif

Old 01-18-2009, 02:40 PM

: Lots of us have/do homebirth our twins. Sometimes you have to get creative though to find a provider to make it work. Worth seriously exploring though if it's something you're committed to. It's funny b/c I always believed I'd have twins and I remember saying to people that the only downside of having twins is that I'd have to give birth in a hospital. As it turned out, that wasn't true and thankfully I figured it out and had them safely at home. In my case it was pretty tricky but it was worth it.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:43 PM

Having a midwife-attended homebirth with twins was against the law *for the midwife* (not for the mom) in my state, as well as the state to which I relocated where I actually had my twin homebirth. Regulations are regulations, but if you get creative, you can find safe, positive options for your twin birth in spite of the regs.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Just thought I'd give you a quick update.

Our insurance company buckled! They will add our mid-wife into our network for our homebirth. I don't have all the details, and I know they won't cover her post birth visits, but all in all it's a good thing.

Had another u/s last week. One baby is still huge, the other still small. But both are healthy as far as all the test indicate. I'm a bit worried about the size discrepancy but not too concerned based on the fact that the doctors all say that my placentas look great and the cord blood flow is good.

Wednesday I have my midwife and her team here for my home visit. They go over all the stuff I have, need for the home birth. And the tub will be delivered too (an Aqua Doula).

I'm 34 weeks 1 day today. So the babies need a minimum of two more weeks in the womb before we can consider a homebirth safe. I'm still hoping they make it to 37+ weeks (before 40 if possible)

I'm pretty big now. Fundus was measuring 49cm at my last appointment on Wednesday. Did I mention I'm only 5' tall

Deanna Mom to 3 boys! Jake (April 2006) & Twin Boobie Monsters Wesley & Nathan (Feb 2009)!  homeschool.gif nocirc.gif

Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
5' tall and a 49cm fundus.... pictures please

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 AM

oh Deanna, it's so exciting :

sending a happy hug

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

Old 02-03-2009, 01:12 AM

I was happy with 36 weeks.

I made it to 40w3d!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to update you.

I made it! I'm 36 weeks today. No complications thus far - so if all remains on track we are on for a homebirth! :

I've asked the babies to stay put for at least another week or two it that's what they need. I'm not in a hurry to have them out. I think mentally I'll feel more confident heading into labor if they are at least 37 weeks gestation.

I'm feeling pretty well. Had a bit of a nesting frenzy yesterday. I over did it and was very sore last night, but I woke up this am feeling back to normal.

I'm starved all the time but there is no room for food! Now I know why pregnant women crave milkshakes, it's about the only thing that goes down easily. I actually indulged in one last night at 11pm when I was so hungry I couldn't fall asleep.

The birthing tub is in the garage, ready to get pulled into the bedroom when we need it. The homebirth supplies are in a box in the spare room. The mattress got covered with a waterproof pad last night. Sheets and towels are washed and ready to go. I feel very organized and ready, but in no rush!

My BP was up a bit the past couple of days, but nothing to fret about. Next week I see my Midwife on Monday, have an ultra sound on Tuesday and see my OB and have a NST on Wednesday. Overkill I know. I have refused all cervical checks from my OB. Glad I did too as I did test positive for GBS.

That's it in a nutshell!

Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 PM

Good for you, Deanna! I'm so excited for you!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 PM

Yay for 36 weeks! Now the real wait sets in-- every day I went past 36 weeks for ME anyway was MISERABLE because I was so set on making it to 36 weeks that I didn't expect to go longer. But it was worth it!

You can do it!!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Well, my original goal was March 1. So I think mentally I'll be fine waiting it out until then. After March 1 I may get a little crazy!

Old 02-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Yea!!!! I'm so happy that you have made it this far with such a comfortable, healthy pregnancy. Yes, it sounds like you've been nesting a bit. My nesting nite had me up in the middle of the nite finishing up everything that had to be done (preschool application for my daughter, my massage license updated). I woke up to my water breaking, but no labor, so luckily I got to sleep some more! We used our bathtub for the birth ultimately, and I did like it b/c I could have clean, hot water for the second birth (3 hours later) When you start labor, please start a new thread so I know right away that you're in labor. I'll be sending good vibes your way starting today!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaeliz View Post
When you start labor, please start a new thread so I know right away that you're in labor. I'll be sending good vibes your way starting today!
Will do!

User Tag List