Anyone have a vanishing twin that didn't vanish?? Looking for some hope!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 34 Old 03-13-2009, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Consignment sales are great, and I'd recommend the Baby Bargains book. Get it from the library, and read it with an open mind. It's good place to start! Doesn't have to be that staggering!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post
We will probably have them sleep together for a long while, but I'd assume at some point you would have to separate them so they don't wake each other up, don't you??? These are the kind of questions that are stressing me a bit!!
Like I said before, we co-sleep. My twins will be 3yo in less than 2 weeks and have almost never woken the other up. This is despite one awake and just *wailing* for a long, long time on many occasions. It just hasn't been the case for us. Perhaps always having them in such close proximity has made them tune the other out. I don't know what it is but I'm thankful for it.

I know this time is really overwhelming but try to relax! You really don't need that much stuff at all. I'd recommend a lot of really good swaddling blankets (we had maybe 10 of the Miracle Blanket - it was necessary to have that many b/c they got dirty pretty much every night so we were forever washing them), cloth diapers (we started with 4 dozen which worked well for us, washing every day and a half), a couple of good pouches and a wrap, basic clothing (we were giving lots of hand me downs) and maybe the ez-2-nurse pillow (I'm not a huge fan but it did have it's place in the beginning). We also had 2 Amby beds which I wouldn't have wanted to do w/o (I see lots of knock-offs of these advertised in Mothering mag these days). Oh, and a great stroller (MBUD) and 2 good carseats. That's about it for the need, IMO. The want is a whole other issue.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#33 of 34 Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Congratulations!!!
I totally agree with 2+Twins--it really isn't much more than a singleton, especially if you/they co-sleep. Ours are over 2 1/2 and have slept together since birth w/o waking each other up. There was about a month-long stretch where they napped in separate spots b/c their daytime sleep was much lighter. But, we just used a pack-n-play for one of them during that time. Other than that, two car seats, a few nice baby carriers and a bunch of swaddling blankets and extra cloth dipes were the only real 'extra' expenses. Best wishes for an uneventful twin pregnancy!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#34 of 34 Old 03-14-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post
well, it is official!! There are two!!!!!!!!!!! : Baby #2 totally caught up and is the exact same size as baby #1. One heart rate was 165 and the other was 174 so we will see. Can't wait to find out what sex they are, that will be the really exciting u/s. I know, yes we are going to find out!!! I can't take the suspense!! Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes, i know it helped. It was crazy, i was driving home and thinking "crap, does this mean we will have to buy two cribs now?" all the $$$$ lights were going off in my head!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure hope my body will hold up so i can keep working as long as i can so we can save, save, save!!! We will deal with all that later!! Thanks again!!!
awww!!!
Yay!!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page