PurpleMonkey, How are you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2009, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been thinking about you and your PG and the twins! Hope is all is alright and you are getting more used to the idea of 2 sets of twins! ::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 PM

thanks to you and everyone for thinking of me. Yesterday was our 3rd ultrasound and we lost a baby. This baby wasn't doing well the whole time, but because there was a heartbeat last ultrasound (at 7 weeks) I didn't believe we would really miscarry. Basically this baby all along had problems (too large an amniotic sac and thick yolk sac) which the doctor said over 93% chance of miscarriage by week 12. Well I'm week 14 and had no symptoms, but according to the scans yesterday the baby passed at 8 weeks 3 days gestation, so it's been a while. No blood or anything for me. Even though she told me last time I WOULD have a miscarriage, I didn't believe her (I thought she was telling me that to make me feel better!). So mixed emotions here. I AM "happy" but feel guilty, too. Apparently even if this baby lived there would have been a major structural deformity or severe birth defect, genetic anomaly etc. STILL I've never had a miscarriage and was shocked to see the baby the way it was.

scans

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vegmonk...7615489582635/

as you can see, the GOOD news is the baby who is living is completely healthy, was hiccuping, and messing his/her hands around his/her face

it was weird seeing a baby "alone" and not interacting with another as I'd seen with my previous pregnancy with Lucy & Bella.

obviously this changes sooooooo much for me, and I'm still in so much shock, but I have an appt. with my homebirth midwife next week already. I keep pinching myself because I can't believe this still

"thank you" to the baby who went somewhere else

Melanie, vegan mommy to twin girls born Dec. 2007, and another little girl born Sept. 25th, 2009!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:26 PM

ALSO this experience has taught me (I wanna say) how very appreciative and fortunate I am/feel to have Lucy & Bella, and that they BOTH made it the first pregnancy

also I wish I'd not GOTTEN an early ultrasound just to see if it was twins in the first place, cause of all the heartache and worry. A friend of mine AFTER having had twins the 1st time waited until week 18 to have her ultrasound to see if she was having twins. I wish I were stronger/more faithful in the experience and not so scared I had to find out EARLY. I was told if I'd waited for a LATER (18 week) ultrasound I'd have never even known about this and the sac of the deceased baby will be gone by then (this was vanishing or disappearing twin syndrome)

*sigh* this was all for a reason I KNOW.

I want you all to KNOW how much I love and appreciate you. This board really saved me in my darkest hour.

Melanie, vegan mommy to twin girls born Dec. 2007, and another little girl born Sept. 25th, 2009!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the update -- and big to you. I am so glad the one babe is healthy and hiccuping... and am sorry for the loss of his/her twin. Wishing you a complications-free pregnancy from here on out!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So glad to hear from you! Sorry to hear about all you've been through, and really glad to hear your babe is healthy, hiccuping and doing well!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
Old 03-19-2009, 06:08 PM

What a ride, mama!
It sounds like you are doing well coming to terms with this experience and your one baby, who will certainly have an angel looking out for him/her.

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
Old 03-19-2009, 06:35 PM

I can't imagine how you must be feeling Your little one's are lucky to have such a strong mama..

Sara

mischievous.gif
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM

awww, there's a lot to take in/ process and i'm sure that YES there's a reason for it all. what an emotional ride though mama

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM

Oh wow, I'm so sorry for the loss of your little one, but thankful for you that things (birth planning, newborn period, etc.) are going to be a lot less complicated and overwhelming now.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukr View Post
awww, there's a lot to take in/ process and i'm sure that YES there's a reason for it all. what an emotional ride though mama
I agree. Thinking of you....

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
Old 03-19-2009, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What a roller coaster ride. I hope you can find peace in the whole situation.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 AM

Wow, what a lot of emotion to process. I am happy for you that you have a healthy baby in there, and sorry you had to go through the turmoil to get here. If you can take away one good thing, let it be that you know that everyone here cares about you and wanted to help.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 AM

I just wanted to give you some ((hugs)) right now.

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 03-22-2009, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Hugs! I'm sorry about the one baby, but happy that the other is thriving and healthy! I asked at 8 weeks for an US but my OB said not unless I had problems (bleeding, crampint, ect.) b/c so much can happen in the first trimester. Sometimes I think our technology may be too advanced!

Congrats again!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:27 PM

I completely understand your mixed feelings on one being alive and growing and the loss of one. I have a one week shy of 5yr old who was a twin - lost early on. We never saw that babe on u/s, but I saw what I passed.

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Tamika
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!

User Tag List