When did you start to show with your twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-05-2009, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first pregnancy and I'm a little over 11 wks pregnant right now with twins and you really can't even tell that I'm pregnant yet. I know I am b/c i've seen with my own two eyes two the heart beats and two babies and i'm nauseous and green all the time so I know it is for real, but i guess i'm kinda in denial since I'm not really showing yet. I know I should just be happy at this point in time since I'll probably be as big as a house before I know it, but I was just wondering when any of you multiple momma's started to first show with your twins??? I know everyone is different!!! TIA

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#2 of 14 Old 04-05-2009, 10:26 PM

I started to show at 5 weeks!! I was super skinny to begin with though.

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#3 of 14 Old 04-05-2009, 10:37 PM

I was pretty thin when I got pregnant and someone swore to me she could tell the difference at 6 weeks. I don't know about that, but at 9 weeks I could tell the difference, and that's when I started taking belly pics. At 11 I had a clear bump with my shirt pulled up, and by 14 people were offering me seats on the subway. As you said yourself, everyone is different, though. Don't worry, it'll happen!

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#4 of 14 Old 04-05-2009, 10:38 PM

This is my third and I actually was showing later with this one than my first 2. I had a bump at about 13 weeks, but exploded from 16-18. Now, I look 8 months pregnant at 20 weeks!!
#5 of 14 Old 04-05-2009, 11:17 PM

My twins were m 2nd pregnancy and I started showing at around 12 weeks.
#6 of 14 Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 AM

Right about 12-13 weeks, and I'm pretty small. And you won't believe how quickly you'll get huge!

Keep eating!
#7 of 14 Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 AM

Around 12-16 weeks I really started showing, but I was growing out of my pants before that. I'm a bit heavy so it took longer, I think.

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
#8 of 14 Old 04-06-2009, 02:20 PM

quit wearing my regular clothes around 12 weeks. I was 110 lbs when I got pregnant, gained 75 through pregnancy. I don't think I gained a lot of weight at the beginning, just got a big pooch quick. By the end I was in xxl maternity and my dh's clothes.

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#9 of 14 Old 04-06-2009, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!!! All of your responses made me feel much better!!! I'm 5'5" and weigh about 120ish pre-pregnancy so I'm sure the weight will be coming here in the next few weeks since this week I will be 12wks. Thanks again for all the feedback!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#10 of 14 Old 04-07-2009, 06:11 PM

I am a bit overweight and started showing pretty much right away with twins. I was in maternity clothes full time before the end of my first trimester. I didn't want to be telling people so early, but there wasn't much choice. I think I started wearing maternity pants (I had some bigger tops that I could use for a while) by 6-7 weeks.

Denise, mama to ds1 (03/26/05) and boy/girl twins born 08/12/08
#11 of 14 Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 PM

I started off super skinny too and didn't show until around 15 weeks or so... before then I looked a little bloated.
#12 of 14 Old 04-08-2009, 11:01 AM

I started with needing to loose a little, but I still started showing much earlier with the twins than I did with my son. My son implanted so low in my uterus and he sat so low in my cervix for my entire pregnancy that I thought I was just carrying higher. I litterally took a picture at 12 weeks because I thought I looked huge! We found out about the twins the next week.

Babywearing, breastfeeding, Mother of MoMo twins and their older brother.
#13 of 14 Old 04-08-2009, 03:29 PM

I always start showing pretty much as soon as that stick turns positive LOL

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#14 of 14 Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM

I don't remember for sure but I know that by 14 weeks there was no question by looking that I was pg - people were shocked at that point to find out that I was only 14 weeks along.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page