I gave birth to my girls at 33 wks. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 05-02-2009, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last Wednesday (April 29th) I saw a small spot of blood in my underwear and I was nervous and posted in here asking if I should go to the hospital. I called my dr and then went to see her. As I arrived the dr's office around 1:40pm, there was a lot of blood and my dr said I was 3cm dilated then arrived hospital around 2:30pm and I was already 4cm dilated. I can't remember much but the whole process was relaxing, easy and calm but it went by me so fast.

I didn't expect to give birth at 33 wks but the girls are in NICU and doing really good.

Jayla 4lbs 14oz at 10:59pm via vaginal birth.
Evelyn 4lbs 12oz at 11:31pm via c-section.

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...view=slideshow
and the password is 2bundleofjoy

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
#2 of 43 Old 05-02-2009, 10:33 PM

and CONGRATULATIONS!

I am so glad your girls are doing well. The NICU is so hard.

One of my girls' name is Evelyn too!

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#3 of 43 Old 05-02-2009, 10:35 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your girls. It's good to hear they are doing well.

I hope the NICU time passes quickly. It can be an emotional roller coaster even with healthy babies, so don't forget to take care of yourself and reach out for support if you need it.
They'll be home soon.

Kate
mother of Patrick (7/31/03), and Michael, William, and Jocelyn (4/27/07)
#4 of 43 Old 05-02-2009, 10:39 PM

CONGRATS mama! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful girls. What great weights!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#5 of 43 Old 05-02-2009, 11:03 PM

:: Congratulations! Be sure to take lots of pics for sharing Can't wait to hear all about it, and their safe and happy homecoming

Tammy, Canadian Mama to 4 girls May-02...March-05 and...identical twin girls Jan-09
#6 of 43 Old 05-02-2009, 11:44 PM

Congrats!! ::::

Welcome to the world Jayla and Evelyn ::

Mama to DS 10/06, DD & DS 08/09
#7 of 43 Old 05-02-2009, 11:45 PM

:: on the safe arrival of your babies!

I hope they are home from the NICU quickly. And my gosh, you must have quite a birth story with a vaginal birth & a C-section. I hope you're recovering well.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
#8 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 12:19 AM

Welcome, sweet babies!!!! We'll be looking forward to your updates and to hearing the birth story! Many blessings to your sweet family.
#9 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 12:36 AM

YAY! They are here and healthy!

I also gave birth at 33 weeks, almost 34. 4lbs 12 oz is AWESOME!! Go mama!

My little guys were also in the NICU for 29 & 39 days. It was hard, but I was able to fully recover from the c-section before they came home.

Congrats again!

Babywearing, breastfeeding, Mother of MoMo twins and their older brother.
#10 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 AM

Congratulations, hoping for a short NICU stay and that yall are all home together soon. Hope you are doing well.
#11 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 02:19 AM

Oh, congratulations! I hope your NICU journey goes swiftly. I had thirty-three weekers too, and have to say that those sound like great weights.
#12 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 02:44 AM

Congratulations!!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#13 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomieMama View Post
Last Wednesday (April 29th) I saw a small spot of blood in my underwear and I was nervous and posted in here asking if I should go to the hospital. I called my dr and then went to see her. As I arrived the dr's office around 1:40pm, there was a lot of blood and my dr said I was 3cm dilated then arrived hospital around 2:30pm and I was already 4cm dilated. I can't remember much but the whole process was relaxing, easy and calm but it went by me so fast.

I didn't expect to give birth at 33 wks but the girls are in NICU and doing really good.

Jayla 4lbs 14oz at 10:59pm via vaginal birth.
Evelyn 4lbs 12oz at 11:31pm via c-section.

Congratulations! Hang in there, and know that we are sending good thoughts your way!! Keep us posted!

Oh wow .... just noticed you had both a vaginal birth, PLUS a C section. You'll have to fill us in on the details when you get a chance.

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#14 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 05:15 AM

:: and lots of

with those AMAZING weights i hope you'll be having a shorter stay than most 33 weekers.....

try to take as much care of you as you can to heal from your births and practice saying YES to any offers of help.

xxxx

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#15 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 08:42 AM

Congrats!!

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#16 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 10:03 AM

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear things are going well so far. I hope their NICU time is short and sweet and your girls are home soon. I had a vaginal birth/c-section with my twins too. Take time to recover .

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#17 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 AM

Congratulations on your baby girls! Hope NICU is a short stay.

Deanna Mom to 3 boys! Jake (April 2006) & Twin Boobie Monsters Wesley & Nathan (Feb 2009)!  homeschool.gif nocirc.gif

#18 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 12:44 PM

Congratulations! Rest up and take care of yourself, those babies will be home before you know it!
#19 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Welcome little babies!!! It's so beautiful that you were able to have a vaginal birth for one! I hope your c-section was easy on you, and that your recovery is smooth. Your preemies are so big already!

Having navigated the NICU this year myself, I'm here if you need anything. :

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#20 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 12:51 PM

Congratulations Mama! : : Sending many healing and healthy vibes your way!
#21 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM

Congratulations! :

I hope for a short, uneventful NICU stay. My boys were born at 34w and only needed 10d in the hospital: 7d in the NICU and 3d on the peds floor.

Healing vibes for your surgery, that must be hard.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#22 of 43 Old 05-03-2009, 08:06 PM

Congratulations! I hope they have a short, uneventful NICU stay. If you need info and support, check out the NICU/Preemie board here - it's a wonderful bunch of mamas who've BTDT.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#23 of 43 Old 05-04-2009, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

I posted a link of pictures to my girls on the thread I opened up above.

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
#24 of 43 Old 05-04-2009, 04:48 AM

Congrats on your little girls

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#25 of 43 Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 PM

Congratulations! May you all be well and home soon.

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#26 of 43 Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 AM

LOVED the pics, and would love to hear how things are going, though I'm sure you are crazy busy at this point. We are all here for support if you need us.
#27 of 43 Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 AM

Congratulations!! Health and healing to you all! Beautiful babes and impressive size! :

Healing Mama to :
#28 of 43 Old 05-05-2009, 01:22 PM

Awww....sweet baby girls! Congratulations and a speedy NICU stay and recovery for you all!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#29 of 43 Old 05-05-2009, 02:32 PM

Congratulations! I hope you have a smooth recovery and your LOs are home as soon as possible.
#30 of 43 Old 05-06-2009, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

The birth story:

I was doing laundry and I felt that I needed to go pee-pee and went to bathroom to go pee-pee and I noticed that there was a small spot of blood in my underwear. I was surprised and I thought to myself, oh-no the girls better not be coming because I'm just not ready! No car seats or even cloth diapers! I was trying to remember what it meant to have a tiny speck of blood so I tried googling for it but I was not focused and I decided to come on the board to ask but I couldn't sit and wait for anyone's response so I called my doctor and she told me to see her immediately.

I quickly packed my bags because I had a feeling that I'd end up staying at the hospital and have the girls that night. I also texted my DH and told him to meet me at the dr's office then I drove to the dr's office. When I arrived the dr's office, my DH was already there and I went to bathroom to pee in the cup and I saw that I was bleeding a lot and I suddenly cried. I was so afraid of any worse case scenarios but my dr was very calm and casual about it. She told me that everything is going to be ok because my girls have been so healthy and consistent throughout my pregnancy then she performed ultrasound, measured my contraction and the girls heart. She said the girls are still in good shape and their heart sounded strong and there is no contraction. She told me that she wanted to measure my cervix and then she told me that I was dilated by 3 cm and told me to go to the hospital and that she'll meet me there later.

When my DH and I arrived the hospital, the nurse led us directly to my room in the labor and delivery room and I suddenly became certain that we were going to have our babies that night. They started putting the IV in me, and etc and put the rolled towel underneath my back to put my body in left position but it was extremely uncomfortable because it made my lower back and lower abdominal sore so I kept on taking the towel off from my back to make myself comfortable but the nurse told me that I needed to be on my left so I laid my body on left completely so I wouldn't have to have my back resting on the rolled towel so the nurse saw what I did and she allowed it. I was relieved and then my doctor arrived and saw that I had contraction according to the monitor and she asked me if I was in pain and I told her that the pain was really low grade and her eyes widen and I asked her, "why?" she said you should be more uncomfortable than you are right now then she measured me, she said 4 cm. My dr said according to the ultrasound, the baby A's head is down and the baby B is still transverse, I'll give birth vaginally first and she'll try to turn baby B's head down but if she can't then will have to perform c-section and I told her that its fine with me. Then about an hour later, she said 5 cm, then she asked me if I was in pain, and I told her that I'm feeling quite uncomfortable but not enough to cuss or etc. My dr told me that I needed to get injection of steroid which would help with girls' lungs because their lungs are not fully developed. Few minutes later she asked me if I wanted epidural and I told her yes then she told the nurse to get someone to do it. She came back 2 hours later and asked me if the epidural was already put in and I said no, she was surprised that I was not in so much pain and she told the nurse, she wanted epidural 2 hours ago and why is it taking so long. At that time, I didn't realize that 2 hours had already passed but then few minutes later, when I was about to get the epidural, the nurse told me that its going to hurt but please to remain still. I thought to myself, I had epidural before and it didn't hurt and I was right but the nurse was surprised that I didn't wince or react. My dr then measured me again and I was 7 cm, 30 minutes later, still 7 cm then about an hour later, I was 10 cm and my dr was surprised and told everyone to get ready. My dr told me that they were going to bring me to the operation room to save time if I needed c-section if she couldn't turn baby B's body. I thought it made sense and it didn't take me too long to give birth to Jayla, it took me about 4 times to hold my breath for 10 sec then push. When Jayla came out, baby b's body suddenly became breech so my dr tried for 15 minutes to turn her but she couldn't so then they performed c-section. While they were cutting me, they worked on Jayla really quickly and the nurse told my DH that they needed to take Jalya to the NICU immediately because she was having a hard time breathing. I was really worried but I told myself to stay calm and then they got Evelyn out and they took their time cleaning Evelyn and they brought Evelyn to me while they were stitching me up.

Then they brought me up to my room and I told the nurse that I wanted to go downstairs to see my girls but the nurse told me that I need to stay in room to recover and that I could see them in the morning. I tried to go to sleep but I couldn't because the anthesia made my face SO ITCHY that it kept me up ALL NIGHT LONG! Then in the morning when I needed to go to pee-pee the nurse assisted me walking to bathroom and I was shocked to see my face RED because I had been itching my face. I told the nurse that I needed some kind of anti-itch cream to soothe my face but the nurse wouldn't let me because of stupid policy. She kept on saying, its not in the dr's order so she gave me shot instead and it didn't work. I went down to visit the girls and saw that they were in different room and I was upset about that and I told the nurse that it does not make sense that the girls are seperated and they're in different room. I told the nurse that I want the girls next to eachother because I can't be at two place at one time. The nurse was trying to give me reasons why they were seperated but I woudlnt' have it then they said ok they would put them next to eachother. I went back upstair to my room and I tried to go to sleep but the itch still bothered me all day long as I tried to sleep and then the night nurse told me that she is going to double my dose of shots and it should work then finally I fell asleep so soundly that night and the same nurse let me sleep in until 11am that following morning! I was like, why didn't someone wake me up so I could have eaten breakfast and see the girls, The nurse said, you reallly needed the rest and you were so exhausted so I told everyone to leave you alone and let you rest. JI'm glad that she did because I really did need that sleep. Then few hours later, my dr came to visit me and told me that I could go home and I was surprised because at first, she told me that I would be staying at the hospital for 4 days but the dr said I was recovering really well and that I could go home if I wanted to. Of course I wanted to be home but when I did, I regret it and wish that I did had stayed at the hospital for one more night because my 6 yrs old daughter was really misbehaving and I felt like I came home to chaos and was really overwhelmed. My friend came to stay at my home for the weekend told me to go to bed and rest while she take care of my daughter. The next day, my DH took my daughter to her counseling appointment while my friend drove me to the hospital to see the girls then my DH and daughter met me at the hospital afterward and my daughter continued to give me hard time so then my friend decided to take my daughter to her house that night so that I could rest and recover without being stressed. It was nice of her to do that and then the next evening, my friend brought my daughter back home and my daughter apologized for giving me a hard time and she told me that she was mad at the nurse at the hospital for not allowing her to see her baby sisters and she felt that I should have told the nurse to let her because I am the mother of her two sisters. My dh and I explained to her that we really do want her to see her baby sisters but we have to follow the hospital rules just like she have to follow the rules at home. It made me cry that evening because I wanted her to see her sisters so badly but I couldn't do anything about it until the girls are ready to come home.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page