Time for a pregnant mama roll call!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 05-23-2009, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all you twin, triplet and quad mamas out there! I would love a thread dedicated to hearing where you all are in your pregnancy, as I rarely have time to respond to threads anymore, and would like updates on you all (just in one easy place ) Also, if you've given birth recently, post here too!
Sending good baby cooking vibes your way, mamas!
#2 of 41 Old 05-23-2009, 06:22 PM

not me. why do i feel so sad about that!!!???!!! :

looking forward to updates from everyone

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#3 of 41 Old 05-23-2009, 07:06 PM

I'm here!!! Our twins are due probably in the beginning of Oct. I haven't had the big Ultrasound yet, but it is coming up next Friday the 29th and i'm both excited and a little nervous too!!! I can't wait to find out what we are having. Looking forward to hearing from everyone else.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#4 of 41 Old 05-23-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaeliz View Post
Hey all you twin, triplet and quad mamas out there! I would love a thread dedicated to hearing where you all are in your pregnancy, as I rarely have time to respond to threads anymore, and would like updates on you all (just in one easy place ) Also, if you've given birth recently, post here too!
Sending good baby cooking vibes your way, mamas!
Hi! New here. I'm 21 weeks pregnant with twin girls...exploring natural birth, looking for a doula.
Live well,
Shelley
#5 of 41 Old 05-23-2009, 07:12 PM

I am 30 weeks today & have been in the hospital for observation since Thursday. I was contracting on my NST that afternoon and they wanted to do an FFN but the lab is closed until Tuesday... so they started steroids just in case today... plus Baby B had a couple decels on today's NST.

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#6 of 41 Old 05-23-2009, 08:49 PM

I'm here! Very new, as I only found out that I was having twins yesterday! I am 6 weeks 4 days!

Working on the nutrition aspect now. Trying to gather as much information as I can about how to eat healthy in a twin pregnancy. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#7 of 41 Old 05-23-2009, 08:58 PM

I'm here too

I am 28 weeks with twins. Due in early August. Knock on wood everything is going well so far. My last U/S at 26 weeks looked good with both babies estimated at over 2 lbs (although I don't out much stock in U/S weight estimates). Passed my glucose test last week which was a huge relief. I am anxious about the labor - not my OB so much as the hospital protocols. I am just starting to think about how I will deal with all of that.

My next u/s is at 33 weeks and I get my first nst then too.

Mama to DS 10/06, DD & DS 08/09
#8 of 41 Old 05-23-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukr View Post
not me. why do i feel so sad about that!!!???!!! :

looking forward to updates from everyone
I feel you, sister!

Nummies- Get "Having Twins and More" by Elizabeth Noble. Really good advice on nutrition.

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#9 of 41 Old 05-24-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplePieBaby View Post
I am 30 weeks today & have been in the hospital for observation since Thursday.
Jayme - 30 weeks. Go you ::

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#10 of 41 Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 PM

I'm 23wk5d with mono/di twins - found out 3 weeks ago at our routine u/s - quite the shock! LOL

I go for my first OB app on Tuesday (been under GP care til now and was transferred) so I look forward to finding out what the stance is of this OB on twin births! So far I feel totally fine - no difference between my singletons and this one really...

Tamika
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!
#11 of 41 Old 05-25-2009, 08:41 AM

Not me, unless you count dreams...

Twice last week I dreamed I was pregnant. In one of the dreams, I was carrying twin boys!
#12 of 41 Old 05-25-2009, 01:58 PM

27 weeks here with twin girls! Our 4th and 5th babies and all girls I am so happy I have made it this far. We've had concern over preterm labor.

Our next u/s is tomorrow. :

I have been feeling really icky. I have constant braxton hicks and then on top of that if I stand or walk for even a few minutes I feel like my heart is going to pound out of my chest and I get the waves of blackness in my vision :

How is everyone doing with names? We have been sure about one name (Byrd calling her Byrdie) but have been really struggling with another name. So far we have gone through Clementine and Willa (calling her Billie).

Quote:
I am 30 weeks today & have been in the hospital for observation since Thursday. I was contracting on my NST that afternoon and they wanted to do an FFN but the lab is closed until Tuesday... so they started steroids just in case today... plus Baby B had a couple decels on today's NST.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#13 of 41 Old 05-25-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplePieBaby View Post
Oh wow. Congrats on 30 weeks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
I'm here! Very new, as I only found out that I was having twins yesterday! I am 6 weeks 4 days!
Hey congrats! I found out around 5.5w - was thankful to know so early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
27 weeks here with twin girls! Our 4th and 5th babies and all girls I am so happy I have made it this far. We've had concern over preterm labor.

Our next u/s is tomorrow. :

I have been feeling really icky. I have constant braxton hicks and then on top of that if I stand or walk for even a few minutes I feel like my heart is going to pound out of my chest and I get the waves of blackness in my vision :

How is everyone doing with names? We have been sure about one name (Byrd calling her Byrdie) but have been really struggling with another name. So far we have gone through Clementine and Willa (calling her Billie).
Also preg with girls. This will bring our girl total to 3. Wow, 5 girls!! That's a LOT of estrogen for one house, eh!?
Hmm, hope you're gonna mention the waves of blackness to your CP! That doesn't sound fun.
Names... oh boy. Well, we have named one of them but still no progress towards naming the other.

Me - 26-27 weeks pregnant and doing just fine. Nothing worrisome to report. I'm starting to do more preparation for the "end game." Investigating out of hospital options - though MT midwives don't do twins at home. Working on my OWN informed consent forms - VBAC and c/s. Looking for the research that justifies c/s for twins and especially twin VBAC - just not finding it.
Enjoying summer! :

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#14 of 41 Old 05-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Another one here! I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday. We're expecting mono/di boys and are getting so excited to meet them. My OB plans on inducing at 38 weeks, so I sincerely hope they come on their own just before that. I feel like I need every bit of the next 4 weeks to prepare, but at the same time I'm pretty uncomfortable. lol

Question for you "MOM"s... how did you eat enough in the last few weeks? I can hardly fit any food in any more!
#15 of 41 Old 05-25-2009, 08:40 PM

I'm 14 weeks prego with twins! Baby B is really stretching out my uterus ... he's really high and to my right. It hurts!

I'm really looking forward to finding out the sexes!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#16 of 41 Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 PM

Hi all!! Im jess, 30 and 13 weeks pg with twins, we will probably find out the what sex they are this friday which is cool. My inital dreams were two girls but we will see. I am more anxious to start feeling better. Puking every other day is so annoying!!

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#17 of 41 Old 05-26-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraReaux View Post
Question for you "MOM"s... how did you eat enough in the last few weeks? I can hardly fit any food in any more!
Double protein shakes!

Congrats to all the expectant MoMs!
#18 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 AM

Jumping in here, 22 weeks with unknown sex twins found about two weeks ago. My first post-finding-out midwife appointment is tomorrow so I have a lot of questions for her, I hope she's carved out a lot of time! (Hi Laura!)

Bean : Mama to DSs and (& :, 4 goats & 7 ) and two fraternal twin BOYS 9-19-09 (+ 1 daytime boy)
#19 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanjeepin View Post
Jumping in here, 22 weeks with unknown sex twins found about two weeks ago. My first post-finding-out midwife appointment is tomorrow so I have a lot of questions for her, I hope she's carved out a lot of time! (Hi Laura!)
Love your journal - you have a great sense of humor!

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#20 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Well hi all you mammas, and welcome!! I hope that everything resolves itself easily for all you mammas having some challenges. Big cyber-hug to you all!
I hope that this board can help you all to have the pregnancy and births that you want, and at least help support you through the journey of it all.
As far as protein late in pg, or anytime during it, Chantel is absolutely right with the double protein shakes. I liked yogurt with peanut butter, cocoa powder that had some protein to it, or protein powder, sometimes I would throw in green leafies with fruit, or add tofu. There are so many ways to make it awesome! Add wheat germ or fish oil, or any other good thing. Eat eggs with meat if you are not a vegetarian, and spread nut butters over everything. Eat almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc. Oh, and if you just need a little treat, or just a break from a regular smoothie, have icecream. Gosh, eat cheese and find bread with the highest protein count. Good luck!
Also, all of these things have been discussed a lot in other threads, so search them for all of our "brilliant" ideas!
#21 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:

Working on the nutrition aspect now. Trying to gather as much information as I can about how to eat healthy in a twin pregnancy. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Congrats! I certantly didn't see that coming.

Well, I guess I'll join too. I'm currently 10 weeks and completely terrified of losing one or both. I can hardly wait until next week when we get an u/s and I can be reassured that they are doing well. Oh, and on top of it all, I had borderline 1-hour GTT levels, so now I need to start the GD diet and take the 3-hour test. : Anyone successfully eat enough for multiples with gestational diabetes?

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#22 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
One hour GTTs are notoriously inaccurate, Julia's Mom. Try not to worry about it too much. I failed mine and passed the 3hr. I really didn't want the GD label since I was trying for a natural birth. So I went for a long walks between blood draws, which may have helped.

That said, I did always eat pretty well. The GD diet does sound grueling, and I'd definitely get sick of eggs, but it is pretty good for multiples with all that protein.

Try not to worry about it too much, stay healthy and wait to see what the 3hr test shows - it's much more reliable!

Congrats to all you fertile mommas! Keep up the good baby baking!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#23 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena 22 View Post
One hour GTTs are notoriously inaccurate, Julia's Mom. Try not to worry about it too much. I failed mine and passed the 3hr. I really didn't want the GD label since I was trying for a natural birth. So I went for a long walks between blood draws, which may have helped.

That said, I did always eat pretty well. The GD diet does sound grueling, and I'd definitely get sick of eggs, but it is pretty good for multiples with all that protein.

Try not to worry about it too much, stay healthy and wait to see what the 3hr test shows - it's much more reliable!
Thanks so much for the reassurance! Your post has me in tears (thanks a lot, hormones) : I will just have to wait and see.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#24 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 03:01 PM

Hi Julia's mom!

I wonder why they are doing GTT this early in your pregnancy? I thought that didn't come until much later.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#25 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Hi Julia's mom!

I wonder why they are doing GTT this early in your pregnancy? I thought that didn't come until much later.
I have several risk factors: PCOS with insulin resistance, overweight and twins. My first pregnancy, when I weighed less and didn't have twins, I wasn't tested until well into the 2nd trimester, or perhaps it was the third, and passed easily.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#26 of 41 Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 PM

I see. Thanks for clearing that up! Hoping that your 3 hour goes smoothly!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#27 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaeliz View Post
As far as protein late in pg, or anytime during it, Chantel is absolutely right with the double protein shakes. I liked yogurt with peanut butter, cocoa powder that had some protein to it, or protein powder, sometimes I would throw in green leafies with fruit, or add tofu. There are so many ways to make it awesome! Add wheat germ or fish oil, or any other good thing. Eat eggs with meat if you are not a vegetarian, and spread nut butters over everything. Eat almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc. Oh, and if you just need a little treat, or just a break from a regular smoothie, have icecream. Gosh, eat cheese and find bread with the highest protein count. Good luck!
Also, all of these things have been discussed a lot in other threads, so search them for all of our "brilliant" ideas!
Thanks so much for all of the ideas! Great reminders in there of ideas I had read back when we first found out.

Hey, Jean! Glad to see you on here.

Julia'sMom, keep us posted on the 3-hour test!
#28 of 41 Old 05-29-2009, 05:09 AM

I'm here, pregnant 9 weeks w/ triplets. Still in the freak-out stage coupled with feeling incredibly hungry, tired, and sick.. . . I fluctuate between those four feelings, sometimes I mix it up and feel hungry and anxious or tired and hungry or nauseas and tired. . . you know, just to keep it entertaining. Sincerely, I lurk a lot on this forum, read, eat, and sleep. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and I will for all of you.
#29 of 41 Old 06-09-2009, 11:33 PM

Just thought I'd post an update...First off, I passed the 3-hour GTT test. :
Second, we had our 11-wk u/s and both babes were doing well and measuring exactly on. One of them was dancing around and the other was just sleeping. My dh was able to come, so it was a precious day. Now, I'm just past 12 weeks and I feel great! It seems as though the first trimester extreme exhaustion and constant nausea is going away and I'm actually starting to feel normal. Now, however, I actually eat less then before because while I want a ton of food when preparing, I'm full after a few bites. Argh. Oh well, no other appointements for me until the 30th. :

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#30 of 41 Old 06-10-2009, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's fantastic news about the 3-hr test! Knew it!

Oh, the second trimester was wonderful for me too. Actually, it stretched into the third too, as long as I was wearing my compression hose. Enjoy it!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page