Mothering Forum banner

How Old were you twins when BOTH were potty trained?

1K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  titania8 
#1 ·
My children can TELL when they need to go to the toilet. They just don't seem to care.
We're going to switch to all underwear all the time after our trip in August to Grandma's.

So... how old were yours when BOTH trained?

See less See more
#2 ·
My 2 girls aren't fully there yet and they turn 4 in Oct.....one is 80-90% and the other abotu 50-60%. That said, one DD has mild special needs so that may be slowing us down a bit.

We've been 'working' on it for over a year! UGH---but a few weeks ago we went to all undies and have had some accidents, but slowly it is getting better.

#3 ·
I started with both at a little over 2 1/2 (January of this year) and both were consistent w/no accidents about 2 months later (end of March), though wearing pull-up trainers at night for the occasional leak. They are now accident-free at night, too, as of May-ish.

#5 ·
My two were just shy of 2 1/2. We went on a trip for three weeks and my son, who up to that point had refused to even try the toilet, was dry the whole time. We got back and he was wet again so I kicked in some chocolate chips... It wasn't something I thought I'd do but it worked. My daughter was dry about the same time but she's not close to dry at night and they'll be five in September.

#7 ·
Soon after they turned three both boys were solid on all aspects of day training. Prior to that, they had been dry during the day for some time, but would use night diapers for poop.
As for night training, one night trained on his own early last fall, the other is still in night diapers.

#8 ·
Mine were 26 months fully day trained. One had nighttime wets occasionally after that because she is such a heavy sleeper, until I started waking her to pee around midnight. Then no more bed wetting, that was around 2 1/2-3 yrs.

#9 ·
Mine seemed to "flip the switch" about a month ago, just a few weeks shy of 3.5, on the same day. They had both toyed with it but not really cared where they peed or pooped until then, and somehow one day they both "got it" and had no accidents, and they have both been in panties ever since. They're still wearing pull-ups at night, though. Katie has been dry in the morning for at least a week, but we're going on vacation on Friday and I would prefer not to take chances. Lilly still wakes up wet many mornings. My husband and I both wet the bed as late as elementary school, and I've heard it's got a genetic link, so I'm not really sweating the night thing.

#14 ·
My boys will be 3.5 in Oct and we are nowhere near trained. I'm hoping something clicks by Oct! It's been a real struggle. One loves underpants but just can't seem to stay dry. He doesn't understand that he has to tell me BEFORE the pee-pee comes out. The other doesn't want anything to do with the potty at all. I've done everything I swore I wouldn't do. Bribed with candy, toys, and going to school...nothing works. If feels like they will be in diapers for the rest of their lives!

#15 ·
Mine were trained at the same time and really they did it on their own. I was not expecting them too, they were only 2.5, but they just did it. It started with wearing underwear over their diapers and went from there. My boys pretty much did everything at the same time though. Maybe it is the mz thing? They still poop at the exact same time! It has been a major issue as one of out two bathrooms has been out of commission for a few weeks now!

#17 ·
Both were completely reliable during the daytime at 22 months. DD has been out of diapers & pretty much accident-free at night since 3.5. DS is still in a night diaper at just over 4, & probably will be for a while yet because he just doesn't wake up - not for a big thunderstorm, not for a full bladder!

#18 ·
My singleton girl trained herself at 25 mo and was dry at night about 3 mo later. My DS is almost 4 and usually no accidents.

My twin girls are acting much like my DD did. Potty learning has never really been that bad so far. I'm pretty sure they're ready except they still sleep in a crib during the day and I need for them to be in a regular bed so they can get up and go pee if they need to. So, my project this week actually is to set up their bed and get them napping hopefully out of the crib by next week.

#19 ·
Mine are 100% day trained at 2 years about 90% trained at about 22 months when they got norwalk for 3 weeks and couldn't hold their bowels. They would have been trained at 22 months if they hadn't been set back by illness. This is contingient on whether they have bottoms on. This past week they've been wearing bottoms (loose pants or bloomers) and have been pulling them down to go pretty consistantly, but until this week they were 50% trained with britches on. They go to the potty, do their thing and they tell me so I can help wipe and empty the potty. It's good. They are not at ALL night trained and not even close. They are soaked in the am. I can deal with one diaper a day and I figure they'll figure out the night time thing eventually. My Ds also just trained, day and night but it took him alot longer as he's almost 4 now.

#20 ·
im still waiting. they will be 4 in oct. one is completely day trained, and has been for at least a year. still waiting on overnight though. the other is still learning to poop in the potty (oh pleeeaassee get it soon baby!!) but has been dry at night for 6 month or so. go figure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.