Moms of twins, when did your morning sickness go away? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or did it?

I am ten weeks and still in the middle of it. I have been super sick this whole time and I need a light at the end of the tunnel!

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM

I'm still preggers, but mine went away around 16 weeks, and then maybe a single episode or two around 18 weeks before disappearing.

Mama to twin boys, Oct-'09 and baby girl, Apri-'12!

#3 of 23 Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 PM

I remember passing the first trimester and still having morning sickness ... maybe 16 weeks.

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#4 of 23 Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM

It was right around 15 weeks. I remember being horribly disappointed at 12-13 weeks because I thought it was just the first tri, but the nurse at my OB's office said just wait until 15 and bless her soul, she was right! I hope you feel better soon - I know just how awful it is.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#5 of 23 Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 PM

Unfortunately for me I had morning sickness all the way through - the last episode being a few minutes after they were born. By 20 weeks though I could eat O.K. and was only sick about once a day.

I know this is the kind of story that makes you feel :, but I surely wish someone had told me this kind of thing can happen instead of positively assuring me that it would be done by 16 weeks.

Fortunately most people don't have it as long as I did.
#6 of 23 Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 PM

I never got sick or nauseous (except for once, but I was getting a tour of the private parts of the Smithsonian Museum of Science and the guy showed me a brain in a jar and the smell made me want to vomit, but I think that comes with the territory!)

I was extremely tired during my 1st trimester. Luckily I was a teacher and on summer break. I napped quite a bit. When my 2nd tri rolled around the sleepiness melted away and I was vibrant. I only got very uncomfortable (trouble sleeping) around week 28.

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#7 of 23 Old 08-12-2009, 11:34 PM

I was sick daily (or every night, I guess) from weeks 6 to 26. Not fun.

I had no real morning sickness with my earlier pregnancy (and, proving that karma is out there, when I had about two seconds of nausea in my first pregnancy, I even confessed to my DP that I thought morning sickness was really just all in a woman's head. Yeah, right. Tell that to my toilet in my twin pregnancy! LOL). Eating small regular meals, eating protein, drinking water all helped. Good luck, and congrats on your pregnancy...
#8 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 AM

12 weeks. It was an INTENSE 8 weeks. It started waaaay early at 4 weeks and while it lasted the "norm" for me it was so, so horrible.
#9 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 01:01 AM

Right around 3 months with my twins but with my 1st I did not get it until I was about 3 months and it lasted a few months. It really is just different with everyone and every pregnancy. I had it bad with my twins and threw up all day long from right after I found out until about 3 months. With both pregnancies the second I stopped throwing up I gained a ton of weight. I remember going in for a WIC appt one month and being underweight and "high risk" for the next months appt being overweight and "high risk" :
#10 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 02:04 AM

16 weeks here too!

Kim, mom to : Katie (2/06), : Tommy & Amelia (10/08)
#11 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was about 20 weeks along or so before I stopped throwing up daily. My co-worker turned me on to Preggie Pops (saved me, really) and that is when I stopped throwing up. My favorite story is that I was on the phone with my boss in the next room and while he talked I was throwing up into the garbage can under my desk and between throwing up I was talking. Pretzels in bed before I sat up also helped. And each pregnancy is different - with this one, I didn't even realize I was pregnant until about 8 weeks and have had no morning sickness or nausea at all. Hang in there!!!

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#12 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 AM

I only had from weeks 7 - 9 with my singletons. With the twins it was from weeks 6 to 12, just nauseous.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#13 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 AM

About 16-17 weeks for me, during which time I lost 17 pounds before I ever started gaining. Then, I had another little spell (but nowhere near as severe) during the final few weeks of my pregnancy.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#14 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 AM

With my twins, mine hung on for about two weeks longer than it did with DD1. With DD1, I felt totally better by 12 weeks, but with the twins it was more like 14.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#15 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleYellow View Post
Unfortunately for me I had morning sickness all the way through - the last episode being a few minutes after they were born. By 20 weeks though I could eat O.K. and was only sick about once a day.

I know this is the kind of story that makes you feel :, but I surely wish someone had told me this kind of thing can happen instead of positively assuring me that it would be done by 16 weeks.

Fortunately most people don't have it as long as I did.
Here too. Mind you I had the same thing during my singleton pregnancies.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#16 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM

Another "9 whole months" story here. I also had it with my singletons but it was definitely worse with my twin pregnancy. For all three of my pregnancies I ended up on a medication called Diclectin, which isn't available in the US. It is an antihistamine combined with B vitamin. It allowed me to at least get out of bed everyday and try to eat something. Now I have to say that it did get better in the 3rd trimester and I was able to decrease my dose then, but if I forgot to take it I was pretty much glued to a toilet or the couch, and certainly not able to eat like I needed to in order to grow my babies.

It's so, SO depressing to live with nausea 24/7. It's hard to describe how debilitating it can be. There's just no relief at all sometimes. I found I spent a lot of time laying in the bathtub - it was the only place that I felt anywhere near human.

Good luck mama...and hopefully you get to be part of the statistically majority who ditches the ms soon.

Tammy, Canadian Mama to 4 girls May-02...March-05 and...identical twin girls Jan-09
#17 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oh Mollie! Hope you feel better soon.

My "metro sickness" as I called it lasted about 15 weeks or so. I was down 2 lbs before I started gaining too. And totally ignorant that I was carrying twins.

Puked in front of my new boss at 7 weeks, puked daily walking around my office building. But best was puking on the metro. I'd carry a plastic bag at all times for the purpose. But one bad day, of course on a packed train when I was sitting by the window, I needed to puke and was all out of bags. Puked all over myself before I could get out. Fortunately people were really nice (nicer than I probably would have been!) and I was only one stop from home, so I got off and called DH. Help!

But it did go away. Not as early as I expected, but any break was a good one. My 2nd trimester was a really glowing time. Hope for you too!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#18 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 12:14 PM

I had it very bad for about the first 17-18 weeks. I lost 15lbs in the 1st trimester and was getting sick usually 2-4 time a day everyday. A few times in the morning and afternoon and once in the evening. I am so glad it passed I honestly thought I would never make it. Thank god for the zofran. The weeks seem to pass so slow when your that sick but never the less they pass. Goodluck and hang in there.

Oh gena I feel your pain....I had a puking moment in Walmart. We had just got there and I felt a sudden wave of heat come over me. I knew it was happening and I couldnt stop it. I found a central stack of a of plastic organizers which I was positive I would going to use. Instead DP pointed to the bathroom and I ran there but I didnt make it and held everything in my mouth with my hand over it...yuck.....that was one of my low points. After I wised up, like gena I began carrying around plastic baggies in my pocket.

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#19 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Walmart! Oh man, that's bad. Funny now though. Let's never puke like that again. Well, it was for a good cause . . .

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#20 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 01:56 PM

i had morning sickness for a week, at 10 weeks. it went away entirely when i stopped taking the prenatals....
#21 of 23 Old 08-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Mine stopped right around week 10--I think the shock of finding out there were two in there scared the morning sickness right out of me. LOL I did get it back the last 4 weeks or so, but it wasn't very severe either time.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#22 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 05:20 PM

Surprisingly, I didn't have any while pregnant with my twins but it lasted 10 weeks exactly for my first and for this new baby. I did get norwalk virus at 10 weeks and puked my guts out with my twins but that's to be expected LOL! If you've had any other babies, I'd suspect you'll probably not have it much longer then you did with them. 12-16 weeks seems about average for most women I think.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#23 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 06:03 PM

I think my last barf was at about 16 or 17 weeks. I threw up about about a dozen times in total. 2nd trimester was relatively nausea free. I started to get bad heartburn in the 3rd.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page