The idea of having twins is causing panic attacks.... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2009, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfw0729 View Post
I very much agree with this!

SO sorry, OT
Intertwined... HOW do you do it, really?! I have almost 3 year olds (in a couple of months) and a 13.5 month old and found the first year of the baby's life so challenging mixed in with twin 1.5 year olds! Yours are so little/young and still very dependent on you. I really would love more, but I guess I'm selfish and scared to go through that first year again. My husband would love more.
I think I'd lose it totally and hop off a bridge if I was about 7 months pregnant with a singleton right now!

Honestly, I just put my head down and barreled through it. I mostly refused to feel sorry for myself and we made it work. Times were hard occasionally. There was an 10 week period this spring that we lived with friends and it....didn't go well and ended that friendship. That was hard.

But mostly, we just do what we have to do. I'm almost never not busy. I run a business and chase kids and nurse the twins (and sometimes the 2 year old) and it's crazy and fun and hectic. I'm no longer sure why I thought having four was hard though. I'd go back there in an instant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
I think I'd lose it totally and hop off a bridge if I was about 7 months pregnant with a singleton right now!

Honestly, I just put my head down and barreled through it. I mostly refused to feel sorry for myself and we made it work. Times were hard occasionally. There was an 10 week period this spring that we lived with friends and it....didn't go well and ended that friendship. That was hard.

But mostly, we just do what we have to do. I'm almost never not busy. I run a business and chase kids and nurse the twins (and sometimes the 2 year old) and it's crazy and fun and hectic. I'm no longer sure why I thought having four was hard though. I'd go back there in an instant!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your candid thoughts/expressions. I'm sorry to hear about your friendship ending. That's sad to hear.

Keep barreling through! I completely agree that it's fun and hectic! I truly LOVE being with my kids, playing with them, teaching them, but the thought of adding another scares me. It's a lot of work with three and the work will only get more intense and time-intensive with additional kids.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your candid thoughts/expressions. I'm sorry to hear about your friendship ending. That's sad to hear.

Keep barreling through! I completely agree that it's fun and hectic! I truly LOVE being with my kids, playing with them, teaching them, but the thought of adding another scares me. It's a lot of work with three and the work will only get more intense and time-intensive with additional kids.
That's very true. You have to decide if the additional joy and love of a new person will balance the added work/energy output and that's a VERY personal decision obviously. We didn't choose to have the twins, they chose us. And their dynamic in our family has been very good and very balancing so it's been SO worth the additional work. Of course, I also spent a LOT of time while pregnant praying fervently for easy babies and God was merciful enough to answer my prayer.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
That's very true. You have to decide if the additional joy and love of a new person will balance the added work/energy output and that's a VERY personal decision obviously. We didn't choose to have the twins, they chose us. And their dynamic in our family has been very good and very balancing so it's been SO worth the additional work. Of course, I also spent a LOT of time while pregnant praying fervently for easy babies and God was merciful enough to answer my prayer.
I absolutely see your point. AND if we do get pregnant, it would be perfectly fine because they are so precious and a gift. I also hear you about praying and God delivering two easy babies. That's awesome. I prayed for a positive and healthy vbac homebirth experience every night and God provided that exactly. However, I didn't pray for an easy baby. I should have This baby cried HOURS a day for the first 12 months of her life. She lived 10 hours a day in a sling for the first 6.5 months of her life also. VERY high-needs, so needless to say, I'm terrified.

My son, one of the twins, was my EASIEST baby and barely cried, ever. I guess I should pray for a baby like him
Old 09-01-2009, 01:36 AM

It's funny, my first month or two the twins took serious pity one me and slept through the night. I was able to heal from surgery and it wasn't so bad. Nursing twins was so much easier then nursing my son, all I had to do was show them a boob and they attacked like rabid wolverines . You manage, you cope and you get through it. I'm preggo with number 4 now and I'm having that panic again... after surviving twins! I think it's just part of expecting a baby, kwim?

My girls are really starting to revel in twinness at 2 years old. They tell everyone they're twins and they're cute LOL . The way they play with each other and how they love and take care of each other is priceless. It's hard that first year don't get me wrong, but you muddle through only to see your little ones grow together like one soul. It's really beautiful. I didn't do everything the same way as I did with DS or will do with the new baby, but they have each other and as cliche as it is it really is worth the compromise.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 09-01-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
I absolutely see your point. AND if we do get pregnant, it would be perfectly fine because they are so precious and a gift. I also hear you about praying and God delivering two easy babies. That's awesome. I prayed for a positive and healthy vbac homebirth experience every night and God provided that exactly. However, I didn't pray for an easy baby. I should have This baby cried HOURS a day for the first 12 months of her life. She lived 10 hours a day in a sling for the first 6.5 months of her life also. VERY high-needs, so needless to say, I'm terrified.

My son, one of the twins, was my EASIEST baby and barely cried, ever. I guess I should pray for a baby like him
My fourth was just like your little one. And she was only 8 months old when I got pregnant with the twins. I was a mess of freaking out!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebloom View Post
It's funny, my first month or two the twins took serious pity one me and slept through the night. I was able to heal from surgery and it wasn't so bad. Nursing twins was so much easier then nursing my son, all I had to do was show them a boob and they attacked like rabid wolverines . You manage, you cope and you get through it. I'm preggo with number 4 now and I'm having that panic again... after surviving twins! I think it's just part of expecting a baby, kwim?

My girls are really starting to revel in twinness at 2 years old. They tell everyone they're twins and they're cute LOL . The way they play with each other and how they love and take care of each other is priceless. It's hard that first year don't get me wrong, but you muddle through only to see your little ones grow together like one soul. It's really beautiful. I didn't do everything the same way as I did with DS or will do with the new baby, but they have each other and as cliche as it is it really is worth the compromise.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif

User Tag List