Picture books about twins for twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have one little paperback, "Twins Take a Bath" and my girls really enjoy that. I've been looking on Amazon for other twinny picture books and there are a few, but I wondered if anyone here has any recommendations.

Actually, what got me thinking about it was a post on GD that had a few picture books about sibling rivalry that a mama said her son found really helpful in relating to a new baby in the family. It got me wondering if there were anything like that related to twins.

Or maybe that's my next writing project?

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#2 of 6 Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 PM

It's not really a picture book but my two were able to sit through the chapters/short stories in Twice as Nice by Beverly Cleary from an early age. It's stories about Jimmy and Janet, when they are four. We also have, though it's not really twins, a story called My Sister and I. The sister is supposed to be older but the children (b/g) are *so* close in size, my two think they're twins.

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
#3 of 6 Old 09-03-2009, 12:29 AM

Charlotte Voake, "Hello Twins" - Simon & Charlotte are twins who are completely opposite to one another (but like each other anyway).
Wendy Lewison, "Two is for Twins"
#4 of 6 Old 09-03-2009, 07:35 AM

Great thread! I'm going to have to get some of these titles for my 2 prior to the twins' arrival...
#5 of 6 Old 09-03-2009, 11:41 AM

we have hello twins, too. it's cute. my best friend gave me, "my twin, my friend" when the girls were born. the pictures are cheesy, but it choked me up every time i read it when they were babies. it says, "mom and dad share our laughs and our fun. they've been blessed with two instead of one." it does mention god in one line, but it's not a religious book. the girls loved it so much the pages are torn and taped together in many places.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Twin-Friend...1988820&sr=8-1

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
#6 of 6 Old 04-20-2014, 03:30 PM

"Twinkle and Twinette" is an adorable picture book about two twins. Very cute rhymes and pictures. My favorite (and my girl's favorite line)...."Remember to treasure and thank all your stars, that you have a twin who loves who you are!"

I bought mine on Amazon. https://www.createspace.com/4623997

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page