Twin Nursing Pillow? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 09-07-2009, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so I have been debating on whether or not to purchase a twin nursing pillow. Some people that have had them have told me that they were a lifesaver! I just wondered how many of you thought that they were essential if you did try it, or if you think it didn't really help or anything. The other thing is that there are several breastfeeding support pillows that are for twins and I would have no idea which one to buy...Any thoughts, favorites, etc.?
#2 of 26 Old 09-07-2009, 10:47 AM

I used the EZ2 nurse and it was worth every penny spent to ship it overseas. I could not have breastfed both babies at the same time without it. I used it non-stop for the first 6 months and loved being able to nurse twins hands-free. And I could sleep while using it because both babies would stay attached and I could lean my head back and snooze.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#3 of 26 Old 09-07-2009, 02:53 PM

I also bought the EZ2 Nurse, based on many recommendations from twin mamas. I only used it a couple of times, but I thought it worked great and was really comfortable. The only reason I discontinued using it was because my boys were preemies and in the NICU for 3 months, so they learned to drink from bottles. We had to work hard to establish a breastfeeding connection and I was more successful doing that one-on-one than both at the same time.

Anyway...it just so happens that I listed mine on Craig's List this morning for $15 (it retails for $50). It's just like new. I'm not sure where you live, but it looks like it'd probably cost about $15 to ship it. So you'd still save quite a bit of money ($20 plus tax and shipping). If you're interested, send me a PM. If not, that's OK too!

Amy â Unschooling my twin boys, born April 2006 (12 weeks early at 2 lbs each). Astrology for Parenting -- helping parents attain authentic and respectful relationships with their children and families.
#4 of 26 Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM

I used a regular boppy and dearly wish I could have afforded the EZ 2 Nurse. I managed with the boppy - I'm 5' 10" with C-cup boobs if that might make a difference.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#5 of 26 Old 09-07-2009, 03:33 PM

My sister bought me the EZ 2 Nurse and it was the best gift EVAH! I never would have made it these 6 months without it. I can't nurse the twins tandem without it and I'd get even less done around here if I had to nurse them separately.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#6 of 26 Old 09-07-2009, 05:35 PM

i haven't used one, but i can't really nurse using pillows anyways because my boobs are so big/long that the babies have to be pretty low to nurse.

also, cash is so particular about nursing that we hardly do tandem nursing anyways.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#7 of 26 Old 09-07-2009, 11:52 PM

I am still using it at 20 mos. It was hands-down the most wonderful nursing tool for us. I highly recommend. You can nurse and do all sorts of things at the same time- type, eat, read....

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#8 of 26 Old 09-08-2009, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah I had heard about the EZ to nurse twin pillow thing and heard great things about it. It's good to know that some of you have had great success with it. And, newmoon2000...I just might take you up on that offer. I will have to get back to you! My thing, is that I never liked the football hold with my daughter...but isn't that pretty much how you would use the twin nursing pillows with each one in the football hold? Also, has anyone used the "my brest friend" nursing pillow? Cause I heard that it has a "unique patented design to support twins"...but I don't know what would be best. Any thought on that one?
#9 of 26 Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 AM

Another for the EZ2 Nurse. I said numerous times while my boys were nursing that it was the best money we'd spent on the twins. We used it for about 18 months. By the end, they were hanging off of it.

I liked the EZ2 Nurse because it had two different sides-- one flat, and one with a gently slope.
Good Luck!

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
#10 of 26 Old 09-08-2009, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Totally essential for us. Used it within minutes of birth, and through about 13 months when the girls just seemed too big for it. By that point they were good enough nursers to go tandem pillow free.

I can't tell you how much time we spent on that pillow. Days, nights. In the first few weeks the three of us slept with it!

Get it!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#11 of 26 Old 09-08-2009, 02:04 PM

i don't know what i would do without the ez2nurse pillow - like others, it was a total lifesaver for me. we slept together with it for a few months, which is the only way i ever got any sleep in the beginning. we even use it now, at 7 1/2mos. best $50 i ever spent, for sure!

but then, i like to tandem 95% of the time... i have a friend who hates it, and so her pillow goes unused.
#12 of 26 Old 09-09-2009, 12:00 AM

I am expecting twins in 10 weeks, so I'm very interested in this post!

My LC here in Denver has strongly recommended the forthcoming My Breast Friend Twin Pillow, supposedly to be available in late October/early November. That may be too late for the OP, but not for others who find this thread later on.

Here is the link: http://www.mybrestfriend.com/twins.php

In her opinion, it's less bulky and therefore easier to use than EZ2Nurse Twins Pillow. I have not used either, so I have no direct experience to share, only what she has told me based on the prototype she has seen.

So ... there's a second idea, and maybe a slightly lower-priced option? (Price not known yet)

I'll try to come back and update when I see one/use one and have any recommendations from personal use.
#13 of 26 Old 09-09-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachi73 View Post
I am expecting twins in 10 weeks, so I'm very interested in this post!

My LC here in Denver has strongly recommended the forthcoming My Breast Friend Twin Pillow, supposedly to be available in late October/early November. That may be too late for the OP, but not for others who find this thread later on.

Here is the link: http://www.mybrestfriend.com/twins.php

In her opinion, it's less bulky and therefore easier to use than EZ2Nurse Twins Pillow. I have not used either, so I have no direct experience to share, only what she has told me based on the prototype she has seen.

So ... there's a second idea, and maybe a slightly lower-priced option? (Price not known yet)

I'll try to come back and update when I see one/use one and have any recommendations from personal use.
Interesting! I wonder what the differences are? I haven't ordered my pillow yet.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#14 of 26 Old 09-09-2009, 10:55 AM

To me, the biggest difference is that the my breast friend pillow doesn't appear to have the sloping surface. That is a biggie for me since that's what enabled me to be able to sleep and nurse at the same time those first few months without having to worry about them rolling off. The other difference is that you'd have to strap it on. I have never buckled my pillow around my waist--it's pretty impossible to do with a twin on each shoulder.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#15 of 26 Old 09-09-2009, 10:55 AM

I too have no experience yet, but wanted to say that Craig's List is a great place to look. I scored an EX-2-nurse pillow (barely used as she only nursed 6 weeks) for only $5! It made my week. : (Of course, I had to send my father-in-law to pick it up, which was a bit awkward, but at least is wasn't called "My Breast Friend" )

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#16 of 26 Old 09-09-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
To me, the biggest difference is that the my breast friend pillow doesn't appear to have the sloping surface. That is a biggie for me since that's what enabled me to be able to sleep and nurse at the same time those first few months without having to worry about them rolling off. The other difference is that you'd have to strap it on. I have never buckled my pillow around my waist--it's pretty impossible to do with a twin on each shoulder.
This is key to note. Thank you for that insight mama.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#17 of 26 Old 09-10-2009, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah...the new my brest friend one looks like it would be really nice and comfortable...although I am due November 9th, so that might be cutting it kind of close. I would like to already have it with my birthing bad etc. all ready to go. Man, I wish I could find an EZ 2 Nurse Twins pillow on craigslist for cheap. The only one I have found was $30 and almost 2 hours away I was gonna say though...when I was nursing my daughter, my back hurt so bad for the first couple of weeks, so I was thinking that the back support thing with the my brest friend pillow looked nice. Does the EZ 2 have anything like that?
#18 of 26 Old 09-10-2009, 10:22 AM

the ez2nurse does have a pillow for the back - but i prefer to use my own pillows personally.

i agree that the huge thing that the brest friend is missing is the sloping side. IMO it's the most important feature of the ez. absolutely essential for newborns!

the thing has been a godsend for me. i really don't know what i would have done without it when the boys were very small.
#19 of 26 Old 09-10-2009, 10:42 AM

I found that using the EZ 2 Nurse with the pillow it comes with and my butt pushed far back on the couch equaled no back pain. Basically trying to sit up as straight as I could. I have a friend who avoided getting a pillow for months and then ended up with terrible back pain. I wonder how many moms quit nursig because of lack of physical support?

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#20 of 26 Old 09-10-2009, 11:52 AM

I bought one and I plan on giving it a whirl. I am very interested and hoping the whole tandem nursing thing works for us.

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#21 of 26 Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM

Hi. I'm done with my EZ2Nurse pillow. If you were nearby I could mail it to you. Where are you located? I got it used from another twin mom and it was so useful.

Sarah
#22 of 26 Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept2008twingirls View Post
Hi. I'm done with my EZ2Nurse pillow. If you were nearby I could mail it to you. Where are you located? I got it used from another twin mom and it was so useful.

Sarah
I am in Utah...you anywhere nearby?
#23 of 26 Old 09-12-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachi73 View Post
L]

I agree with the other comments about it not having the sloping sides and needing you to strap it on. I do usually buckle my EZ2nurse pillow on, because it stops it from slipping out, but the reality is with two wiggly babies, sometimes you have to sit down against the back pillow while holding the babies, pull the nursing pillow on your lap, and set them on it, before buckling it. Especially if you are going to nurse on a couch, armchair or glider. When I use mine on the bed I can lie both babies down and get set up before putting them on the pillow.

The other thing is, I'm wondering why less bulky=better? I need as much height to the pillow as possible so I don't end up slouching forward too much and having back pain. And I need as much pillow on the sides as possible so it can support two 11 month olds without needing to constantly hold them. Having my hands free to eat, read, knit, etc has been crucial to me and my sanity while tandeming.
#24 of 26 Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

So...I just got my ez 2 nurse pillow today. It seems like it is made kinda of cheaply to me, I dunno. Like the stitching seems kind of loose or something. Maybe it's just cause it's used...but it was supposed to be almost brand new. I still have a few more weeks before delivery time, but we will see how it turns out. I am just really hoping that I will be able to do the whole tandem nursing thing! I'm starting to get nervous cause I had such a hard time in those first couple weeks with my daughter.
#25 of 26 Old 09-13-2009, 02:16 AM

I use the EZ2 nurse pillow. Compared to the Boppy I used with my dd1 it is great. I am able to hands free nurse both of them at the same time and they are only 2 weeks old.
#26 of 26 Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Oh good...I'm really hoping it works for me...just keeping my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page