Four... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2009, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wish I could offer more, but that's all I've got.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hergrace View Post
DoomaYula has a good point. However, even if they are not AP-friendly in your area, they can still be a good source of cheap clothes and other resources, but you need to know what you want from them.
True - I know the group near me has a sale twice a year.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 AM

Wow! I can tell you we went through similar feelings of shock and anxiety when we found out about our twins.

Nothing but love for you from this mama... Take care of yourself.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 PM

much love and prayers for you ... keep us posted .....

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 PM

You are not alone. I felt the same with when I conceived twins, both times, but mostly the first time. We too did IF treatments and we beat the odds with the first set of twins (miscarried). I could not believe that we would again beat all odds and conceive two. I agree with the poster who said take it one step at a time. Get thru today. There is nothing you can do now and it is still so early. It has helped me stay sane to just focus on what I need to do now. I will deal with what happens next month when I get there.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 09-11-2009, 01:07 PM

It will all work itself out. Just take it one day at a time...and when that is too much...take it minute by minute.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:26 AM

I felt EXACTLY the same way when I found out I was expecting triplets. I cried for two weeks and hated myself for being so sad and scared and overwhelmed when I finally had what I longed to have for so long...times three. You described it perfectly. I don't have advice beyond what the others have already shared, but you are most definitely not alone in your feelings and fears. I will say that my feelings subsided within a few weeks, and the rest of the pregnancy went well. I hope you have a similar experience!

Good luck to you. It is a crazy, overwhelming ride and it's really helpful to just take it one day at a time...thinking of all the "what if" scenarios is just too much.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 AM

I saw this and I couldn't help but comment.

I do not have quads, but I have carried them. I was a surrogate and it was truly a shock for all of us. I am however more then happy to talk to you about the pg. I carried to 29 weeks, this was back in 01 when the average gestation was 27 weeks. It wasn't easy, I wont lie, but it can happen.

Good luck in what ever happens. If you need someone to talk to I am here.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How exciting and scary!

My twins are 2 and I'm still shocked that I have twins. Does the shock ever go away?

Honestly, I think God gives multiples to those moms who can truly handle it. Yes you chose fertility assistance but you didn't choose quads, they were miraculously given to you.

I never wanted twins, ever. Found out and was like, oh no not me! But what an amazing experience and if I could have twins again I would. And ya know, it was the hardest work ever but we've survived and it's a blessing. And I can totally handle them. And you'll handle all of your sweet babies too.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 09-13-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
How exciting and scary!

My twins are 2 and I'm still shocked that I have twins. Does the shock ever go away?

Honestly, I think God gives multiples to those moms who can truly handle it. Yes you chose fertility assistance but you didn't choose quads, they were miraculously given to you.

I never wanted twins, ever. Found out and was like, oh no not me! But what an amazing experience and if I could have twins again I would. And ya know, it was the hardest work ever but we've survived and it's a blessing. And I can totally handle them. And you'll handle all of your sweet babies too.
I would choose to have twins again, too, if I could. I adore having them! They are for sure way more work but it's true that the joy is doubled (and in your case, quadrupled!). Two grinning, crawling babies coming at you is just beyond adorable. FOUR would be the most delightful thing!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:16 AM
AGF

You will be well supported here as you progress in your pregnancy. Yes, it will be difficult but you are able to do it! You can be the parent you want to be to four babies! Your heart will love and nourish these children.

I wish you peace, joy, and health in the upcoming weeks and months.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 AM

You are supposed to feel just as you do. Anyone who doesn't comprehend what an amazing and scary task that can be is just delusional. I'm ashamed to admit that when I was expecting my twins, I thought several times that things would work out just right if I would just miscarry one of them I'm sure part of what is scary is also whether they'll make it with the increased risks. I have a friend who conceived quads, but she ended up miscarrying one, so she has triplets. I don't know whether that is encouraging or not, but try to take it one step at a time. For now, focus on getting enough protein and enough rest to grow those babies!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 AM

I felt the same way when I found out I was having twins after IVF. We had done IVF twice before, the first time ended in a chemical pg, the second gave us our son. We knew the risks of multiples were there, but I was still shocked that there were 2 heartbeats. I had the same range of emotions that you did, only I imagine yours are a bit stronger.

I chose not to join our local multiples group, because I already had stuff for one baby, and was able to borrow a few things to get us through. It probably would be a good resource for cheap clothes, gadgets, etc, but not necessarily for advice. Probably still worth checking into

Please keep us updated.

Denise, mama to ds1 (03/26/05) and boy/girl twins born 08/12/08
Old 10-02-2009, 01:53 PM

Just now seeing this I would be a puddle on the floor in your shoes so I completely understand your fear and hesitance. You are not alone, Claire!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 AM

I don't think many women really hope for multiples, at least not higher order ones but those of us who get them certainly hope for alot of other things, a good outcome, healthy babies, healthy mama, just one more week in the belly, the grace and sanity to handle it all. I know mamas who have conceived triplets and quads both with and without assistance. There is support from other super MOMS out there as well as from us twin moms. This isn't a punishment, it just is. It's not what you wanted but you're here and you'll get through it. I hope you have a very uneventful pregnancy and things go really well for you. I know how stressful having twins is and I know what my Triplet and quad mama friends have gone through.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 10-05-2009, 12:18 PM

s: Wanted to send you my thoughts and support. I am presently 28 wks w/ triplets, after 4 and half years of infertility tx and 5 miscarriages. Our first u/s revealed 4 sacs. The feeling of dread that ran through my body was unbelievable. DH and I were in shock for days. I felt so sick. A couple of weeks later, one of the babies stopped growing and was absorbed by my body. I definitely had to grieve the loss of a normal, healthy, pregnancy. Higher order multiples brings you to a different level. But it is still your pregnancy. You can manage it. You can do your very best for you and your babes. I still get waves of panic when I contemplate how I'm going to manage three babies. I tend to focus on them as older children, like 4 yrs, when the house will be chaotic and dinner will be loud and large. That's what I'm looking forward too; The first year will be intensely difficult, but what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger (at least that is what I'm telling myself this week). Please keep us posted.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 PM

Just wanted to send you a hug! It is A LOT to take in. I recommend the book Dr. Barbra Luke wrote about being pregnant with multiples. I was only pregnant with twins but I followed much of her plan and had to healthy boys at 37 weeks - 6lb & 7lb and zreo time in NICU. You can do this!! Get a Dr. you trust and listen to your guts and body :-)
Old 10-07-2009, 12:05 AM

I just wanted to send some extra loving your way this evening. I have caught up on reading this thread now, and I can only imagine. 4. Words cannot express what you must be feeling! 2 brought us to our knees for weeks. My DH and I literally could not have a conversation without the words, "My god! There are 2 in there!" passing our lips for the first month after we found out.

Be gentle with yourself, and allow the feelings to flow. They are going to come out sooner or later, and really, isn't now better than living in denial until after they arrive? I think everyone who has experienced a multiple pregnancy has gone through some sort of shock and grieving process. There are so many variables, so many risks. You know there are things you want for your child as a mother that will not happen with more than one at a time. It is ok to grieve. It is ok to be angry. It is ok to be scared.

I wish you peace, and the very best of luck as you carry these babies through pregnancy. Feel free to lay it down here if you need to vent. We have all felt something of what you are going through ourselves.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:11 AM

Just to update you all for claireb:

Twins, triplets, quads, triplets, now back to twins

Wife to dh and mommy to dd1 (3/07), ds (1/10), and dd2 (any day now)!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:57 AM

Thank you fuji...I was just coming to post that.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

User Tag List