hey multiple mamas...what was the first sign that made you think...hmmmm, I am having multiples!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Only the ultrasound. But I had one at 9 weeks. I should have known by how decisive the pregnancy test was so early on and my extreme exhaustion, which thankfully only did last for my first trimester.

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 PM

I just "knew" subconsciously right away. I didn't try to think that way but when thinking of the baby I'd say in my head "the babies". Then I got big fast so that was the next clue. Didn't actually know for sure until 26 weeks though.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 PM

The first thing that made me think that I was having twins was an ultrasound at 8 weeks when there were two little paisleys blinking away. My husband, though, swore it was twins shortly before that because I was showing already. Who knew!

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
Old 10-15-2009, 02:01 AM

14 weeks ... having an ultrasound to check cervical length, the u/s tech says ....
"has this baby been scanned before?"

I said, "No, Why?"
She said, "Momma, I'm going to rock your world." .... I immediately started crying.

Before that, I could feel my uterus, midway between my umbilicus and pubic bone -- way high for that time. I was EXHAUSTED to the bone, like 24 hours of sleep would not help. I was also hungry ALL.THE.TIME. -- like the minute I took the pregnancy test, I could eat like Conan the Barbarian.

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 PM

This thread is really interesting to me. I am almost 19 weeks and haven't had an U/S yet. But am wondering about twins myself.

I have had dreams of twins and thought/hoped with each pregnancy I would have them. But this pregnancy was a total shock. We were SO done having kids! I ovulated 2 days early, which I've NEVER done, to my knowledge! But I *thought* I felt implantation twice... or it lasted a week! And I told my dh, "It would be just like God's sense of humor to give us twins NOW when we didn't even want another one! haha!"

So hmmmmmmm! I will let you know in another week or two...

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
Old 10-17-2009, 02:34 AM

Oh...just my 10 week apt. when they did an ultrasound and asked me if twins run in my family (which they don't) cause they said there were TWO of them! Total shocker...never would have guessed, lol.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:56 PM

I had a feeling before I conceived. But I also took clomid (5-10% chance of twins), so that was a big clue. I felt sure that I was having twins right away because I just felt so different so early, like two days post conception. Also, an early positive hpt (at 9 dpo), which prompted a beta hcg test and I found out that my levels were quite high (405 at 14 dpo). The twins weren't confirmed until my 6 week u/s. If I hadn't had an u/s, I probably would have known by 20 weeks or so, when I was feeling movement everywhere all the time, and was measuring at least 8 cm ahead.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbigailGrace View Post
This thread is really interesting to me. I am almost 19 weeks and haven't had an U/S yet. But am wondering about twins myself.

I have had dreams of twins and thought/hoped with each pregnancy I would have them. But this pregnancy was a total shock. We were SO done having kids! I ovulated 2 days early, which I've NEVER done, to my knowledge! But I *thought* I felt implantation twice... or it lasted a week! And I told my dh, "It would be just like God's sense of humor to give us twins NOW when we didn't even want another one! haha!"

So hmmmmmmm! I will let you know in another week or two...
Dh and I wanted a break from babies for awhile also when....ooops....I'm pregnant.....and then oooops again.....IT'S TWINS!!

For a while I struggled with what God was trying to teach me through this but I think that I am finally really at peace with it and can't wait to see my girls!

Rachel
Mommy to DS13, DS12, DS7, DD5, DD3, and twin GIRLS : born at home in the water on 12/18/09

User Tag List