Whose crazy? Me or my OB? Re: Triplet Preterm Birth - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Great job so far! I hope you and your trips continue growing and get to 35 weeks, and can decide then whether to go on. It's in some ways an enviable choice to make.

Hope your hospital stay goes smoothly and quickly!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a great update!
How are you doing in the hospital as far as keeping yourself somewhat occupied? Do you have stuff to create / books / puzzle books, etc.? I hope your stay is very uneventful.

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
Old 11-10-2009, 04:38 PM

I was so anxiously awaiting an update from you! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and that they're continuing to allow you to wait. Every day is precious and they're giving you that. I give your OB credit, I know far too many that wouldn't wait, and you're staying so strong!

We're all here to chat if you get bored.

Valerie, wife to Kevin, mother to Elena (4), Jonathan (2), and twins, Andrew and Benjamin (2/2010)
Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Just chiming in to wish you all the best. I have been thinking of you, but haven't had much to give in the way of advice, so I have just been reading the thread. It's a tough situation - it is much harder to be managing a risk that could go very bad very fast than to be reacting to something that is already a reality, which was my situation. I hope everything goes really well for you.

FWIW, my 32 week 6 day triplets had uneventful NICU stays. We had preemie bfing issues that I hope you can avoid, but they were healthy and did very well. I hope you go another 2 plus weeks, but you have made it to a pretty good place.

Kate
mother of Patrick (7/31/03), and Michael, William, and Jocelyn (4/27/07)
Old 11-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Hope everything goes well, congrats on getting them this far!

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:42 AM

Like so many other PPs I don't have anything new info or suggestions to add, just support.

I think you're doing an amazing job as a mother {and baby-grower!}. I completely support you in making decisions for your family based on discernment, which a good friend of mine defines as "your heart and your mind coming together to allow your higher power to influence you." Using your heart {intuition, emotions, gut feeling, etc.} and your mind {knowledge about statistics, past experience, etc.} to allow your higher power to influence this choice will, in my opinion, bring the most peace, regardless of the outcome.

I can't wait to hear how the birth goes. I'm optimistic you're going to have big, healthy babies and be nursing well in no time. Good luck, mama!

Mama to Hannah & Hailey 1/5/02 C.J. 2/18/03 Anthony & Jamie 3/23/05 Chuck 10/9/08 42-week Sam 8/9/10 Mae 4/22/12
Old 11-13-2009, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_sets_of_twins View Post
which a good friend of mine defines as "your heart and your mind coming together to allow your higher power to influence you." Using your heart {intuition, emotions, gut feeling, etc.} and your mind {knowledge about statistics, past experience, etc.} to allow your higher power to influence this choice will, in my opinion, bring the most peace, regardless of the outcome.
That's a lovely way of describing it!

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
Old 11-13-2009, 02:43 AM

maybe i am misunderstanding your post...if you're saying you will go in the hospital and stay there until the babies need to come out by c/s, then i say, why take them out earlier? i don't get it. clearly if you rupture while IN the hospital, they can take them quickly.

i would under no circumstances try a TOL, though.

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
Old 11-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post
maybe i am misunderstanding your post...if you're saying you will go in the hospital and stay there until the babies need to come out by c/s, then i say, why take them out earlier? i don't get it. clearly if you rupture while IN the hospital, they can take them quickly.

i would under no circumstances try a TOL, though.
Because even in the hospital it can take 20-30 minutes to get her back to surgery and get all three babies out. And in that time the risk to the babies is great for death or brain damage and to her for massive bleeding and death. It really is a serious risk she's got to manage.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Intertwined. Yeah, I wish I could say I'd throw caution to the wind and let nature decide when these babes are born; unfortunately, the risk is just too great.

What is TOL?

Oh, I think I just answered my own question. . . Trial of Labor??
Old 11-13-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena 22 View Post
I'm a believer that every extra day you have those babies in is good for everyone, babies, momma, DD1 and DH. <snip>Hope you can work this out with your OB without it becoming a fight. Tell him you understand the risks, and are willing to sign whatever waiver he'd feel comfortable with, but that you want to give your three every extra day you can!

nak

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

So, if I continue to be so blessed, my triplets will come into the world on Nov 30th, 35wk and 4 days. I can't really argue beyond that; I am getting more than 75% of what I wanted. My OB has heard my concerns and I have heard his and we have settled on 35wk4day. I feel comfortable with this. I really do. I will know going into that surgery room that I did everything I could to give these 3 little ones the best shot and also make sure neither them nor I were put in danger. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I will update as things move along. 33 and 4 today. . . .
Old 11-16-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Farmer View Post
So, if I continue to be so blessed, my triplets will come into the world on Nov 30th, 35wk and 4 days. I can't really argue beyond that; I am getting more than 75% of what I wanted. My OB has heard my concerns and I have heard his and we have settled on 35wk4day. I feel comfortable with this. I really do. I will know going into that surgery room that I did everything I could to give these 3 little ones the best shot and also make sure neither them nor I were put in danger. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I will update as things move along. 33 and 4 today. . . .
Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm glad you were able to find some peace about it. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you stay healthy until November 30th.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 11-16-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I feel comfortable with this. I really do. I will know going into that surgery room that I did everything I could to give these 3 little ones the best shot and also make sure neither them nor I were put in danger. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I will update as things move along. 33 and 4 today. . . .
I am so pleased to hear that you have found a place of comfort. I hope everything goes well and that you see those babies on the 30th and not before.

I certainly have my fingers crossed for you.

Kate
mother of Patrick (7/31/03), and Michael, William, and Jocelyn (4/27/07)
Old 11-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
That's fantastic! Keeping fingers crossed for a November 30 birthday for 3!

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM

I will pray for you every day Mama.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 PM

That sounds like a good compromise, and most of all, I'm glad you are happy with the decision. I'll be praying that you and the babes continue to do well in the hospital, and that you get access to good & plentiful food soon!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
Old 11-16-2009, 11:29 PM

That sounds like a good plan, and I am glad you are at peace with it. Now try and enjoy the next few weeks!

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:21 PM

I'm DYING for an update! I've been checking every day to see if there's news yet...

Mama to Hannah & Hailey 1/5/02 C.J. 2/18/03 Anthony & Jamie 3/23/05 Chuck 10/9/08 42-week Sam 8/9/10 Mae 4/22/12
Old 11-22-2009, 01:19 AM

Good luck!!

CPST
Old 11-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Wow, sounds like a great day for a few babies! I think you're completely reasonable and glad to hear your Dr is on board. It's a tough situation that you're in but 35 weeks is the magic number for trips and you are doing an AWESOME job getting there! I think under the circumstances you're def doing everything right. The longer those babies stay in the better, unless the risk outweighs the benefits of course. Good luck and I hope you make it til your surgry date!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 11-27-2009, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

The Triplets have been born. I will post a new thread (under that same title) with the story. I just wanted everyone from this thread to know.

User Tag List