Give me the dirt on newly postpartum - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 33 Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I probably would have done it before DH and I split. Now I gotta find me a sugar daddy who's got some money to blow on my belly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 12-02-2009, 09:39 PM

I was lucky in the stretchmark department (none) and had 29-week preemies, so honestly the only sign that I had babies is the c-section scar tucked in my bikini line. I had gained 35 pounds at that point and dropped weight like a madwoman at first, but still found that it took 3 months or so before my hipbones and stuff went back to their normal places. I was wearing pants 3-4 sizes bigger than my usual just to accomodate that. One day everything suddenly went back into its correct spot and because of all the calories burned by breastfeeding, I was a skinny minnie until 18 months when I stopped. Now I'm around my pre-pregnancy size, maybe a few pounds more and a little softer in the belly. If I worked out ever that'd probably change.

The biggest thing I remember about my phsyical postpartum experience was the night sweats. They were horrendous. For weeks I soaked my jammies and bed every night. I started putting down bath towels under myself at bedtime and keeping extra jammies next to the bed, and then when I awoke wet I would just peel off the towel, dry myself off, and change into dry jammies. It was awful.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#33 of 33 Old 12-06-2009, 08:31 PM

I gained about 80 lbs with my twins, and although I don't know how much I lost from the birth, by the time they were 3 months old I was 10 lbs BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight (and still eating a pint of ice cream every day). I had to go and buy new pants at 8 weeks b/c all of my pre-pregnancy clothes just hung on me. I could eat ridiculous amounts of food during the first six months I was nursing and still lose weight. Then the demand tapered off I guess.

I never had the sweats post-partum (which is common), but I did pee like a race horse for weeks. It was ridiculous.

I still have extra belly skin; I suppose surgery is the only answer to that, but mine are now 6 years old and the extra skin problem did continue to improve for at least two years after they were born.

I developed a HUGE diastis (separation of your stomach muscles) that my doc said only surgery could fixt, but that has also healed for the most part with the help of yoga (and I didn't have the energy to start exercising till they were almost 3 yo). Just make sure you find someone to help you with the stomach thing that knows what they're doing . . . regular sit ups and crunches will make it worse.

Basically, your body will never be the same again, but you probably won't care

Good luck!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page