20.5 months and still no menses - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is my luck going to run out soon? I have thoroughly enjoyed not having my period, but it does seem like a long time to go without it. My girls still eat during the night, often multiple times, and I guess if I night weaned, it would return?
What are your experiences?
Thanks!
#2 of 8 Old 01-11-2010, 08:44 PM

You've got me beat ..... AF just came back last month .... 19 months PP. Mine are definitely not night weaned --- I wish they were!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#3 of 8 Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 PM

My cycles returned at 21 months PP after both pregnancies (with my twins, it was 3 months after I nightweaned them, and with my singleton it was while I was still night nursing).

Hoping you have at least a few months "off" remaining!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#4 of 8 Old 01-12-2010, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I weaned my three singletons at one year each for return to work. Got period back within about a month after each.

Twins were child-led weaning. They both stopped right around their third birthday a month ago. Got period back around September, I think it was (so 21 months).

At that point, we were usually going all night with no nursing or one twin having one nurse, but then they would each nurse in the morning upon waking. They were both having a couple of short nurses during most days, but not always and there were a few times where I was away for a couple days at a time.

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
#5 of 8 Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Mine returned at 24 months post partum. And I didn't nightwean till 27 months, so that didn't have anything to do with it for me. It's so different for everyone.
#6 of 8 Old 01-12-2010, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Thanks for your replies! I have to say that I'm suprised by how long you all have gone. I was starting to really wonder as people were shocked when I told them, but then again, they didn't have twins! My DD1 nursed so much, but I got it back at 14 months, so this seems really long!
Thanks ladies!
#7 of 8 Old 01-18-2010, 01:33 AM

We are at 25 months PP with twins and still no cycles. They wake at night sometimes to nurse, but nurse a lot during the day.

My 3rd born started sleeping through the night at 19months and I ovulated a month after that (I always ovulate before I menstruate after having a baby).

Still waiting....

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#8 of 8 Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

We are at 25 months PP with twins and still no cycles. They wake at night sometimes to nurse, but nurse a lot during the day.

Holy smokes!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page