Pregnant Mama Roll Call! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 01-11-2010, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
32 weeks with twins here. Feeling wonderful except for some pretty wicked carpal tunnel at night and gross heartburn, also at night.

How about you?? I would love to know how many pregnant mamas we have on here!

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#2 of 28 Old 01-11-2010, 07:20 PM

I'm due just a few days before you! I had no problems until last Wednesday when I started getting itchy- I think I may have PUPPP.

Great idea! I knew some people here were PG...I just didn't know who or how far along.

Valerie, wife to Kevin, mother to Elena (4), Jonathan (2), and twins, Andrew and Benjamin (2/2010)
#3 of 28 Old 01-11-2010, 07:57 PM

36 weeks here. Experiencing insomnia, itchiness, and heartburn. Good times! Still living life, working, and chasing after my older 2, though.
#4 of 28 Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
36 weeks here. Experiencing insomnia, itchiness, and heartburn. Good times! Still living life, working, and chasing after my older 2, though.
That is so wonderful! (The part about the still feeling good enough to be able to run after you other two, that is)

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#5 of 28 Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM

Can an 8 weeker join you?

Just found out on Thursday

Rhys & DH: waiting on our Stuffing
****5***10****15****20****25****30****35 ****40
#6 of 28 Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 PM

I'm here too . 20 weeks and counting

Freeman, I'm so impressed that you are still working - holy cow!

My plan is to start taking holidays etc at 32 weeks and then starting my mat leave whenever babies arrive.

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#7 of 28 Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 PM

40 wks, 3 days ... I'm so ready to have them out. I have been trying natural induction methods for over a week, but no luck. They must like it in there!
#8 of 28 Old 01-12-2010, 06:31 PM

I almost never post, but I try to peek at the multiples forum whenever I get a chance. I'm 19 weeks, due at the very end of May.
#9 of 28 Old 01-12-2010, 07:04 PM

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow. Still adjusting to the news (found out yesterday) but super excited to be pregnant again! Twin pregnancy is certainly a different animal- I'm way more tired and huge compared to when I was pregnant with DS.

Mom to 5, DS- 3/2006,  Twin boys-7/2010, B/G twins- 1/2012

#10 of 28 Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 PM

nlhousewifey - congrats on your twins!!! Having done IVF myself, I am always overjoyed to see it work for others too . Finding out you are carrying twins is overwhelming for sure, but it is nice to find out early - more time to digest and adjust .

I just found out today that I'm having 2 boys . I thought I would feel disappointed if there wasn't a girl growing in there because we will not be having more children after these two, but I am so very happy. I can't wait to meet my boys

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#11 of 28 Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 PM

I'm 25 weeks with my bambinos. I'm feeling really good just more tired the days after my yoga classes. We don't know what we're having but my gut tells me one of each. Baby B is head down but baby A is up. I hope this kid turns around and stays down.

It's awesome to see the 36 week and 40 week mommas here!

welcomed my boy/girl twins on 04/22/10 after cooking them for 40 weeks
#12 of 28 Old 01-13-2010, 11:20 AM

22 weeks here with twins. Tired alot and already feeling cramped. My fundus is already nearly touching my rib cage. Other than that doing great.

Katana - Full time student : and SAHM to 5 kids
Boy / Girl Twins born 5/5/2010!!!
#13 of 28 Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 PM

new here & 17 weeks & Expecting twins end of May too My anatomy u/s is tomorrow! woohoo

mom to Audrey (age 11), Connor (1 yr) & twin girls coming in May '10
#14 of 28 Old 01-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Hi!
Almost 25 weeks here with boy/girl twins, and we have a 4yo DS. I just found out last week that there are two babies. I am so excited half the time, and in terrified shock the other half of the time. I feel like we don't have very long to adjust to this news. Anybody found favorite books about twin pregnancy, birth, and infancy?
Also, I'm making an effort to boost my protein intake. Finding it tricky to get enough each day. MW suggested protein shakes, but has anyone found a good one that doesn't have soy protein isolate?
Anyway, glad to have found this thread! Thank you for starting it, Molliejoe. Here's to good health for all of us mamas and twins!

bouncy.gif&babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif
#15 of 28 Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noralou View Post
Hi!
Almost 25 weeks here with boy/girl twins, and we have a 4yo DS. I just found out last week that there are two babies. I am so excited half the time, and in terrified shock the other half of the time. I feel like we don't have very long to adjust to this news. Anybody found favorite books about twin pregnancy, birth, and infancy?
Also, I'm making an effort to boost my protein intake. Finding it tricky to get enough each day. MW suggested protein shakes, but has anyone found a good one that doesn't have soy protein isolate?
Anyway, glad to have found this thread! Thank you for starting it, Molliejoe. Here's to good health for all of us mamas and twins!
Congrats - I cant believe you just found out! wow!
I eat lots of eggs, nuts, chicken, yogurt, string cheese & cottage cheese, milk, a little tuna etc. pretty much I eat a protein with every snack & meal. I havent bought any twin books yet. I did read Dr Lukes book for growing big babies though. She list these types of protein shakes but I have no idea if they are soy or not: E.nsure, R.eSource, S.ustacal, D.eliver2.0, T.woCalHN

#16 of 28 Old 01-13-2010, 07:10 PM

Hi everyone!
37 weeks with twin girls. Feeling impatient...but know I should let it happen when it happens. Definitely struggling with the lack of sleep, carpal tunnel, and pelvic pain...but hanging in there! These are our first babies and we're hoping for an intervention-free, natural birth. Baby A is vertex and Baby B is breech...in case anyone is wondering.

Jessica- Rochester, NY
#17 of 28 Old 01-13-2010, 07:17 PM

32 weeks with boy/girl twins here! All's good except it hurts to sit, stand, or lay down I can't wait to meet these babies (when they're ready), and looking forward to a natural hospital birth using Hypnobabies!

Melissa - 38, happy wife to Jeff and proud mother to Max & Thea, born Feb 2010
#18 of 28 Old 01-13-2010, 07:41 PM
RSG

Hi, I'm Rachel. 31 weeks and 4 days with di/di twins. Not sure of gender; but feeling like it's maybe girl/boy? I feel pretty good - super swollen ankles, very fatigued and huge... but good! I'm working for 9 more days (yep, counting down too) and am looking forward to *only* taking care of my two-year-old.
#19 of 28 Old 01-13-2010, 11:20 PM

It is so great to see all the twin mamas!!!!

noralou- I love Shaklee Whey Vanilla, it doesn't have any soy in it and tastes like a lightweight vanilla milkshake. It's pretty yummy! I try to have one everyday. Mmmmm....

It's hard to get all that protein.

Valerie, wife to Kevin, mother to Elena (4), Jonathan (2), and twins, Andrew and Benjamin (2/2010)
#20 of 28 Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 PM

I am new to this forum. Jessica age 28, DH 31. Thisis our first pregnancy, had to do fertility teatments: injectables and IUI.

7.5 weeks pregnant with twins. Found out at 5.5 weeks since I am monitored weekly by the RE. Excited and nervous at the same time. Can't wait until we make it to 12 weeks, want to tell the world!!
#21 of 28 Old 01-17-2010, 12:24 AM

Hello everyone,
my name is Michelle. I'm mommy to 4 amazing little boys, and just found out
we are expecting. 2 more on 2/13/10!
I look forward to lots of great info.
Any homebirth moms to twins?
Would love to hear great stories.
Michelle
#22 of 28 Old 01-17-2010, 11:36 AM

Michelle - you are 36 wks & you just found out its 2? WOW!

Has anyone tried the GN.C protein shakes "M.uscle Milk'? each serving has 32 g whey protein & 12g fat, soy free & its on sale right now? thoughts? I cant find the Shaklee local & it is more than double the price.

#23 of 28 Old 01-17-2010, 05:02 PM

M.uscle Milk is kind of yucky. I tried it at my mom's house a few weeks ago because I left my Shaklee at home. I can't describe it- sort of like Slim Fast. Shaklee is super expensive though!

Another thing I'd recommend is to make your own shakes. Buy a large bag of Whey protein and add it to Ovaltine and Milk. I also have Beneprotein to add from time to time. I really love...carnation instant breakfast, milk, peanut butter, and a scoop of beneprotein. It has a ton of protein and is SO tasty. But I don't have that often because I don't know how I feel about carnation instant breakfast.

#24 of 28 Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 PM

Hi,

I've been reading these forums since we found out about our boy/girl twins at 20 weeks. We're 34 weeks now and feel like all of the sudden we're in the home stretch. Feeling good but just started having trouble sleeping. Lots of back/ joint pain. Hoping to deliver naturally and unmedicated but am a little afraid. We have an active 2 year old who drags his baby doll around the house by the ankle. Nice to meet you all!

Melissa
#25 of 28 Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 PM

I would love to make it to 34 weeks relatively comfy! I was pretty uncomf at 28 weeks & not sleeping with my singleton last time so I am prob in big trouble!

Well I got just plain whey protein (thanks for the suggestion Valerie) in vanilla & made my first shake last night & it was really good! I think I will be able to get closer to my protein goals now yay!

I was thinking of getting the Valco twin stroller with toddler seat (I have a 1 yr old too that will be 15m when the twins arrive) anyone have an opinion on it or have one? We cant afford both that & one that does infant seats so I guess we will have to wake a sleeping baby but I doubt I will be out much anyways other than their doc appts.

#26 of 28 Old 01-19-2010, 03:40 PM

I'm glad that the whey protein worked for you! I may actually go that route this time...I just started my second Shaklee so far this month and it's getting expensive (plus I have to pay shipping).

I've been pretty fortunate so far. With the exception of the PUPPP itching I'm generally feeling good. I'd feel better if the itching would stop- I was sleeping good.

As far as strollers, I have the sit n stand elite from One Step Ahead from my older two and I picked up an inexpensive used Snap n Go off craigslist. I actually hope to use the sit n stand for DS & one twin and then put the other twin in my sleepy wrap. If DD & DS are walking, I'll snap both twins in the snap n go. It seems like it'll work. I wish I could easily carry/wrap both twins because I rarely used a stroller with my other two. But that doesn't seem quite possible (I'm not comfy with baby on my back).

#27 of 28 Old 01-26-2010, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Had an ultrasound today! Both girls are measuring perfectly and everything looks great. Baby A is head down, and Baby B is head up! I am still planning a homebirth if everything is still good at 37 weeks.

I kind of don't want my pregnancy to end! Is that weird?

#28 of 28 Old 01-27-2010, 01:51 AM

Don't worry Molliejo, when you get to the bitter end you'll probably be MORE than ready for it to end.

I have such memories, reading all these posts. Especially the ones from you ladies who found out later or are due in May. Ah, it seems like yesterday.

Wellnessmama (Michelle) I had my twins at home, as did Gena22 and a host of other ladies. There is a birth stories sticky at the top of the forum page. You can read mine at http://babyhayes5.blogspot.com the link is on the side. I blogged my entire pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page