Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 03-01-2006, 03:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmommykc
I love this thread!!
My favorite comment is, "Are they identical?" - I have girl/boy twins and generally are dressed as such. (Although sometimes my son like to put barrettes in his hair like his sister). My husband usually looks at them and says, "well, the penis is different."

OMG I am LMAO ! that is the BEST reply EVER!!

My twins are 5 now! WOW! It has been quite a ride! There has been some ebbs and flows as to whether it egts easier or not..times can still get really hairy but all in all, it is much easier. This is such a fun age! LOVE it!

My dd's just weaned last summer. They were 4.5 then. If there are any moms of Multiples out there who want to try CLW with thier twins GO FOR IT! It can be done!!!

We still get comments ALL the time. My girls are identical and it is thier chioce to dress the same still so really, it is hard to not notice them.

ONE day I am sure they will want to dress differently I am sure.

Blessings mamma's!
#62 of 64 Old 03-01-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Plus2
But there are times when I know that my girls are losing out on one-on-one time or getting slighted just because they came in a pair and that breaks my heart.
I wonder if this is a "had twins first" vs. "had twins later" issue. I never had that guilt. I guess I figure what that "lose" from me they gain 100x over from each other. It also seems like all my friends who have a single first and then another single have this issue like #2 didn't get all the 1 - 1 time #1 got, and #1 isn't getting as much time as he / she had before little brother or sister came along. I know my neighbor is still struggling with the guilt (both that her older dd is getting ripped off, and that she bends over so backwards to help older dd not be jealous that younger son isn't getting 1/2 the attention dd got at that age).

Just a thought

Rach

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#63 of 64 Old 03-01-2006, 03:30 PM

This thread is great!! I totally love the penis comment...I am LMAO over here!! I can totally relate to that. My b/g twins are 16 months old now, and I get that question all the time. "Are they identical?" I even had a nurse ask me that once. Um, okay. I will have to use that response next time...so great. I also get so tired of the "oh you have your hands full" comment. I'm a single Momma, and every time I take my 4 kiddos out, people stare and sometimes point (hello...so freakin' rude), and they say that to me all the time. Like a pp said...my kids are not a freak show. They are people. Yes it's hard work, but I don't look at it as having my hands full. My kids make my life so much fun and if anything is full, it is my heart!
Hugs, Mommas.
#64 of 64 Old 03-01-2006, 06:24 PM

I've really enjoy reading this thread as I can relate to a lot of what has been said. I also have b/g twins and the comments about being identical were quite humourous at times. They are now 21 months, how time has flown, and I don't nearly get a many comments except people do stare as they are trying to figure out if the kids are twins or if I just had them really close in age. My ds is quite tall for his age (he's 4 inches taller than dd) so people think they are about a year apart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page