Double Strollers... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I know this has probably been asked before and I tried to do a search...(but I have twin mommy brain mush) and it didn't seem to come up with anything. Anyway, I have a double snap n go and the boys are almost 6 months and wanting to sit up and stuff, so I was trying to figure out if I should get a regular double stroller, or a jogging stroller, or what? And then how do I decide which brand to get when I do get either a regular or jogging stroller? I do have a 2 and a half year old also, who I usually just put on a toddler harness LOL, but if anyone has any other ideas for me I am definitely up to hearing them. And I would probably mostly be using it for short family walks and going shopping. Currently my double snap n go is REALLY hard to push and keep straight for some reason and it is SO long, it is just hard to maneuver, I do like how compact it is in my trunk though. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 04:00 PM

i have a double umbrella stroller for the car, and a nice joggng type stroller for walks and bigger outings (zoo, whatever). it works well, b/c the umbrella is light and easy to deal with for everyday stuff, but the good one is far superior for going on any kind of rough terrain or on long walks. i have a valco twin trimode, which i love, and you can get it w/a toddler ride on! check it out. not cheap but really great.
#3 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Divided sky has it just right. I loved my Mountain Buggy Urban Double, but it was a bear to get in and out of the car. For the car we had an Ingelsina, which I really liked. It's the Italian version of the MacLaren, and maybe a little cheaper. Umbrella like.

But FYI - we didn't end up using our strollers much. I didn't venture out much without my DH, and when we were together we both use carriers. So we sold out strollers when our girls turned 2. I kinda miss them now, but really love our carriers.

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#4 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 06:06 PM

I have a BOB and even though it seems so wide, it is sooooooooo much easier to push than the snap n go!!! We use it for walks, zoo, etc but it is really heavy and hard to take in and out of the car. I am trying to decide what car stroller to get for once they outgrow the snap n go. I really do love the BOB though! But the Valco does have that toddler seat attachment, so that might be a better choice.

Leah mom to Delilah 9/00, angel Stephen lost 5/25/09 at 40 weeks, and twins Gus and Cash 1/10

Expecting a miracle January 2012

#5 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 PM

I have a Valco Twin Trimode (actually, I think it was dividedsky who recommended it...) and I LOVE IT. It maneuvers so well; it goes over all kinds of ground without shaking the babies; it's the narrowest side-by-side jogger so it fits through every door we've encountered; it also fits in the hatch of my little VW Golf. We bought the snap on toddler seat but haven't used it yet; I just sling one baby and put the other baby and the toddler in the stroller.

I really can't emphasize enough how happy I am with this stroller. A year ago the idea of $700 stroller would have made me sick, but I'm beyond grateful for it now.

Karen, mama to one toddler (9/07) and twin babies (10/09)
#6 of 9 Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 AM

we also have the valco twin trimode w/ toddler seat and it is a life saver. my girls are almost 9 months old and I've used it since they were born, just put them in the stroller w/out the car seats. the thing is a dream, seriously. I can push and turn it with one hand even with my 3 y/o in the toddler seat. there is tons of storage space so I don't have to carry a diaper bag, I just put what I need in the baskets and pockets and go. if I need to grocery shop, or shop in general w/ the twins and my 3 y/o, I'll sling one twin, recline the empty seat and put all of the groceries in the seat.

We also have the ride along board for my 4 y/o and he really likes that when he's tired. If it is raining and my 4 y/o is in school, my 3 y/o will ride on that so she and the babies can be covered by the rain cover.

Yes, it is big, and draws a TON of attention, but I've never had a problem taking it anywhere. You sometimes have to think a little about if you are going to make it through a narrow space, but it can go anywhere a wheel chair can go, so you should be able to get through in most public places.

Like the PP said, stomaching $700+ dollars for a stroller was hard, but it is the best money we've spent for these babies, maybe even ever. it gives me freedom to do what I need to do and not have to stress to much about how we are going to do it.

PS. if you are interested in a mountain buggy urban double, albeebaby.com has some on closeout for super cheap right now... but i'd still go with the valco
#7 of 9 Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 PM

verycozy, glad it worked out for you!! i love my valco.

today i noticed that the plastic underneath the bottom storage basket cracked, leaving shards of plastic hither and thither. i called customer service, and they're sending a new one gratis, no questions asked! fabulous.

while i was at their site i see that the new ones have bigger canopies. very sweet.
#8 of 9 Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dividedsky View Post
verycozy, glad it worked out for you!! i love my valco.

today i noticed that the plastic underneath the bottom storage basket cracked, leaving shards of plastic hither and thither. i called customer service, and they're sending a new one gratis, no questions asked! fabulous.

while i was at their site i see that the new ones have bigger canopies. very sweet.
same thing happened to me-- the new basket is designed much much better and isn't one huge piece on the bottom so it won't bend and crack when you fold the stroller. I also ordered the extended canopies-- $35 w/ shipping for both canopies. I was stoked!!
#9 of 9 Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Geez...and when I first started looking for a double and noticed that they were over $100 I thought I was gonna die LOL. Ugh! I wish I could come up with the money Sounds awesome!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page