Anyone dream of twins before getting pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 06-15-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or, in other words, please tell me I'm crazy and have lost my mind

I've had random dreams about having twins since shortly after my son was born (he's 6 1/2 now). Maybe once or twice a year I had these dreams, no big deal. But lately.... holy cow. DP and I are TTA and will not be TTC for another 2-3 years probably (I want to finish school first and have about 3 years left). We are considering adding one more baby to our family at that time, I don't think we'll have more than that. But the last few months I've been having dreams of twins constantly.... at least 2-3 nights a week! They are very vivid and are always b/g twins (I have a feeling this is because dp wants another boy while I would love to have a girl).

I'm starting to feel like I'm going crazy here. LOL!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#2 of 46 Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Not me. The thought did not even cross my mind. I was the only girl I knew as a kid who did not fantasize about twins (I blame Sweet Valley High for this) either, though...perhaps I was simply in denial and am the wrong person to ask.

I had lots of dreams of my asian children (I am part Japanese, and always went out/had the hots for Korean or Japanese guys or other hapas like me) before I had kids--but then I married a barrel chested hairy white guy and my kids look not even a bit asian). But....I know some people have prophetic dreams! I am just very not one of them.
#3 of 46 Old 06-15-2010, 07:31 PM

I had a dream between conception and the positive pregnancy test that I had triplets. I laughed it off at the time...and then gave birth to triplets 8 months later.
#4 of 46 Old 06-15-2010, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerchild View Post
But....I know some people have prophetic dreams! I am just very not one of them.
I think that's what's making me so crazy is that I have had prophetic dreams. Quite a few times, actually. Once about my oldest sister being pregnant.... about 2 weeks later she said she was pregnant. (LOL AllyRae if you're reading this!) Once about a friend (though in the dream it wasn't clear which friend) being pregnant. Within 3 weeks she told me she was pregnant. In all the dreams I've had lately there's never once been one where I was pregnant with a single baby, it's always twins. It's always b/g twins. They are always healthy too (or the pregnancy is going well in some dreams).

And in 2-3 years if I do get pregnant with twins I'm going to look back on this thread and freak! And if it happens accidently before 2 years I'll really freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venustx View Post
I had a dream between conception and the positive pregnancy test that I had triplets. I laughed it off at the time...and then gave birth to triplets 8 months later.
Now that's scary!

#5 of 46 Old 06-15-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post
I think that's what's making me so crazy is that I have had prophetic dreams. Quite a few times, actually. Once about my oldest sister being pregnant.... about 2 weeks later she said she was pregnant. (LOL AllyRae if you're reading this!)

LOL!!!

I'm not sure that's prophetic though...I've been pregnant 4 times since 2003, so you might have gotten lucky there ... :

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#6 of 46 Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM

I dreamed about my twins around 16 weeks pregnant for the first time. My best friend was due with twins and I was convinced I was dreaming about her. Realized how wrong I was at an ultrasound at 23 weeks ;-).

I did dream about birthing the oldest twin after conception but before my BFP. In my dream I was standing up birthing this little black-haired baby in the desert and in reality it looked just like her but I birthed her standing up in my bedroom (not quite the desert!)

When I'm having a lot of baby dreams it usually means I'm already preggo so maybe be extra careful if your TTA!!!!

homebirth.jpgMama to 4 girls and forever missing Bright 6/12/10. Married to my best friend and dreaming of the day we leave the city for chicken3.gif
#7 of 46 Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 PM

This pg I am having twins and I dreamt I was pg with them about 4 wks before I found out or even thought I was pg. The weird thing is, I even dreamt of what position they were in, and they are in that very positon at 36 wks.
I rarely have pg dreams, so when I had this dream it really stuck in my head. It was weird when I saw them on the US screen at 10 wks. Kinda like, oh yeah, I already *knew* that AND OMG is this for real????? LOL
#8 of 46 Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post
LOL!!!

I'm not sure that's prophetic though...I've been pregnant 4 times since 2003, so you might have gotten lucky there ... :
LOL... there were other details (both with you and with other dreams) that are so real.... and then came true

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegrrl View Post
When I'm having a lot of baby dreams it usually means I'm already preggo so maybe be extra careful if your TTA!!!!
Geez. I'm due to start any day now (I'm on the pill and my last real pill was Saturday so this week is blanks and I usually start on Tues/Wed) so don't freak me out! It would totally put a kink in all our plans if I got pregnant anytime in the next 2 years. We would deal with it the best we could, but it would put a serious kink in our plans (especially if twins were involved.... that would be a huge wrench thrown in the plans!). Sadly we have not been as careful as we usually are (we usually do the pill and condoms... I haven't been doing the pill at the exact same time because we were on vacation and everything got messed up because sometimes we weren't even back in the hotel until midnight and I usually take the pill right before bed when I brush my teeth. Condoms haven't been used as "effectively" as they usually are (TMI... sorry!)). Thinking of it all now... I need to seriously get back on top of being more careful (my ds was conceived the first time I ever had sex unprotected so.... I'm scared I'm fairly fertile!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofchaos View Post
This pg I am having twins and I dreamt I was pg with them about 4 wks before I found out or even thought I was pg. The weird thing is, I even dreamt of what position they were in, and they are in that very positon at 36 wks.
That is too weird (and cool!). So if you were dreaming of them about 4 weeks before you found out you were pregnant that would have put you right around the time of conception? Crazy!

#9 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
LOL... there were other details (both with you and with other dreams) that are so real.... and then came true

Geez. I'm due to start any day now (I'm on the pill and my last real pill was Saturday so this week is blanks and I usually start on Tues/Wed) so don't freak me out! It would totally put a kink in all our plans if I got pregnant anytime in the next 2 years. We would deal with it the best we could, but it would put a serious kink in our plans (especially if twins were involved.... that would be a huge wrench thrown in the plans!). Sadly we have not been as careful as we usually are (we usually do the pill and condoms... I haven't been doing the pill at the exact same time because we were on vacation and everything got messed up because sometimes we weren't even back in the hotel until midnight and I usually take the pill right before bed when I brush my teeth. Condoms haven't been used as "effectively" as they usually are (TMI... sorry!)). Thinking of it all now... I need to seriously get back on top of being more careful (my ds was conceived the first time I ever had sex unprotected so.... I'm scared I'm fairly fertile!).

That is too weird (and cool!). So if you were dreaming of them about 4 weeks before you found out you were pregnant that would have put you right around the time of conception? Crazy!
OK, I didn't think of that before. EEEKKK! The kind of dream I would really like now is a naming dream. Have a list of names, but no leanings. Two babies to name and clueless! Naming twins has added considerations, and when you and your DP already have difficulty agreeing on names it's .
#10 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofchaos View Post
OK, I didn't think of that before. EEEKKK! The kind of dream I would really like now is a naming dream. Have a list of names, but no leanings. Two babies to name and clueless! Naming twins has added considerations, and when you and your DP already have difficulty agreeing on names it's .
Do what I did with my ds.... wait until he's born and the nurses are threatening (in a joking way!) that I can't take him home until the birth certificate is filled out so you put whatever happens to pop in your head first. Yeah.... that was fun

#11 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 08:44 AM

I did not dream that we were having twins, but random people around us did! The janitor at my husband's school, one of his students, and an employee of my father in law. All within a week. It was super weird. We were newly pregnant at the time. Crazy.

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#12 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdingkittens View Post
I did not dream that we were having twins, but random people around us did! The janitor at my husband's school, one of his students, and an employee of my father in law. All within a week. It was super weird. We were newly pregnant at the time. Crazy.
Well, we do have cousins who are twins, mom was pregnant with twins and lost one, and I was pregnant with twins and miscarried them both...so you might be due for a set... :

Jason would probably faint dead though. Maybe you should prep him now...

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#13 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 AM

AllyRae, this was with the twins that are 2.5 now. Not sure about the one (or two) in my tummy, though! No dreams about that yet!

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#14 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, we do have cousins who are twins, mom was pregnant with twins and lost one, and I was pregnant with twins and miscarried them both...so you might be due for a set... :
You are not helping! LOL! I totally forgot about all those twins in the family. Somehow I was blocking them from even entering my thoughts. Thanks.... now I'm freaked out even more!

Quote:
Jason would probably faint dead though. Maybe you should prep him now...
Yeah.... I don't think that would go over well. He would eventually come around to the idea, but then he would go in "financial mode" (his favorite mode) and freak out more when he sees just how expensive it would be (and how we have no room in this house for *2* babies.... I just got him to consider *1* baby in this house before we move to a bigger one!). I was joking with him the other day about it (he was saying he wanted a boy, I told him I wanted a girl so if we couldn't agree then God would do it for us and give us one of each ).

#15 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 12:50 PM

Oh yeah, I had tons of dreams about my twins between getting pregnant and finding out there was two. I was totally blowing it off. EVERYONE was teasing me about twins so I chalked it up to anxiety. Uh, no.

And in a related note, the day before I ovulated a double for the first time post twins (I can clearly feel O from both sides) I had a dream I was giving birth to girl twins during a thunderstorm with my midwife. Baby A was dark haired and came vertex, Baby B was blond and came breech. I woke up SOBBING because I knew it was the twins I would have had. It was freaky and it still raises the hair on my arms.
#16 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Maybe I should post the question in TAO to the general public of whether they dreamed of twins/babies but were NOT pregnant b/c now I'm a little freaked. AF should have been here last night or this morning. It's always started before noon on the Wednesday that it should arrive (I know because, up until last week, I worked on Wednesdays so I knew it would start after I got to work (8am) and before my break (noon)). Usually I start spotting Tuesday night and get full blown AF Wednesday morning. I've got no spotting. Not a drop. I'm almost always extremely cranky Tuesday (day before AF shows). Yesterday (and today) I was in a great mood. I had a headache last night (which happens a couple times a month so nothing out of the ordinary) but otherwise I feel fine. No AF symptoms. No pg symptoms (I didn't have any with ds and wouldn't have believed I was pregnant until I saw the u/s).

#17 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Maybe I should post the question in TAO to the general public of whether they dreamed of twins/babies but were NOT pregnant b/c now I'm a little freaked. AF should have been here last night or this morning. It's always started before noon on the Wednesday that it should arrive (I know because, up until last week, I worked on Wednesdays so I knew it would start after I got to work (8am) and before my break (noon)). Usually I start spotting Tuesday night and get full blown AF Wednesday morning. I've got no spotting. Not a drop. I'm almost always extremely cranky Tuesday (day before AF shows). Yesterday (and today) I was in a great mood. I had a headache last night (which happens a couple times a month so nothing out of the ordinary) but otherwise I feel fine. No AF symptoms. No pg symptoms (I didn't have any with ds and wouldn't have believed I was pregnant until I saw the u/s).

:

Uh, remember what happened the last time you waited to take a test? You got a way big positive. Maybe to ward off the positive, you should go out and buy a test now...if you buy a test, AF will come on the way home. :

#18 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
:

Uh, remember what happened the last time you waited to take a test? You got a way big positive. Maybe to ward off the positive, you should go out and buy a test now...if you buy a test, AF will come on the way home. :
Not a word of this to anyone. LOL! And yes, I do remember last time. Geez. Driving home one night it hit me that I hadn't started yet (I wasn't regular back then so I must have been pretty late to even notice) and "oh, maybe I should test". Stopped at the store, went home, peed (so it wasn't even morning urine) and it popped up positive instantly. Over the next week I spent probably $40 on more tests not believing them. LOL!

I've been in the bathroom every 20 minutes today checking... lol. Paranoid much? YUP!

#19 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Not a word of this to anyone. LOL! And yes, I do remember last time. Geez. Driving home one night it hit me that I hadn't started yet (I wasn't regular back then so I must have been pretty late to even notice) and "oh, maybe I should test". Stopped at the store, went home, peed (so it wasn't even morning urine) and it popped up positive instantly. Over the next week I spent probably $40 on more tests not believing them. LOL!

I've been in the bathroom every 20 minutes today checking... lol. Paranoid much? YUP!
Dude, just test. I need some more neices/nephews. Here I am giving y'all a bunch, and nobody's evening out the score. :

This is way cool. I had other stuff I had to do today but I'm totally glued to this thread waiting to find out if you're psychic or not. : Test. Test. Test. Before J comes home and finds the evidence...

#20 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:09 PM

Oh, and I should mention, travelling can throw you off too. So you're probably ok. : Heck, I was a week late last month and absolutely not pregnant (but Mia's still nursing so she probably messed things up). But you just got back from 2 weeks travelling, so your body might still be relaxing on vacation time.

And if not, well, I guess your disney days are over for a few years since you're having 2.... There's a reason we haven't gone to disney. Disney + 3 kids = insane.

#21 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Haha. Glad I'm entertaining you. LOL! Sorry to disappoint but I don't think I'll be testing today J knows what's going on so if I were to test and it did come out positive he would be disappointed that I didn't wait for him. And I don't think I could test, get a positive, not tell him and fake taking another test with him around. LOL!

I am thinking/hoping it was just travel throwing me off. Then again, it was the travel that threw off the darn scheduling of the bc pills (wasn't taking them at the same time and missed at least one that I had to take the next day).

And yeah.... Disney would be out for a few years if I even had one, let alone two!

#22 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Before J comes home and finds the evidence...
And I totally read this as "before Jocelyn comes home and finds the evidence" because I always call Jocelyn "J". It made me stop a moment and wonder why Jocelyn was going to be coming to my house tonight and really why she would be going through my trash. Then it hit me.

#23 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:19 PM

Well, you might be ok if the indiscretions happened during your travel time. You want a 10-14 day window between ovulation and when AF should come in order for the baby to be conceived and implanted, so unless you happened to get really really lucky and ovulated right on the first day of your travel and you also messed up on your BC and you dtd that day, you are probably ok. : If you were good up until then, you are probably safe.

But then again, meet Amelia. My 17 month old that was conceived while we were avoiding with natural family planning and by all of the charts and textbooks, she should NOT have been conceived. So clearly if a little one is supposed to come, they come. :

#24 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
And I totally read this as "before Jocelyn comes home and finds the evidence" because I always call Jocelyn "J". It made me stop a moment and wonder why Jocelyn was going to be coming to my house tonight and really why she would be going through my trash. Then it hit me.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. She'd totally ask you why you're peeing on stuff too. Then she'd ask to do it too. She likes peeing on random things... :

#25 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, you might be ok if the indiscretions happened during your travel time.
It wasn't only during that time

#26 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:26 PM

LOL, well then...uh, I'll save some of our baby stuff for you that we were planning on selling at a yard sale. But that means you better test before the weekend. :

#27 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:29 PM

Oh, and how do twins work with that weird uterus thing you have? Don't you have a split one or something? Does each baby get it's own "apartment"? I thought you couldn't have any more kids?

This is like a soap opera. You better convince Jason to make a late night CVS run. Dave had to do that the day I found out I was pregnant with Ryland. He learned they lock the pregnancy tests up after dark and you have to call someone over to get you one. :

#28 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Dude... I'll be lucky if I make it to tomorrow without testing! I have no will power. None. The only reason I haven't run out yet and bought one is because I wouldn't want Jason to get upset for testing without him. But he'll be home in about 3-4 hours

I have so much work to do for school and no motivation to do it. I have to make a presentation for tomorrow and have totally been putting it off. Grrrr. Must.... gather... some.... energy....

#29 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:32 PM

You can run out and get one now, and then wait to test until he gets home. Or you can chalk it up to "I need to do school work and I won't be able to concentrate until I do this test" and then text him the picture of the plus sign. :

#30 of 46 Old 06-16-2010, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, and how do twins work with that weird uterus thing you have? Don't you have a split one or something? Does each baby get it's own "apartment"? I thought you couldn't have any more kids?

This is like a soap opera. You better convince Jason to make a late night CVS run. Dave had to do that the day I found out I was pregnant with Ryland. He learned they lock the pregnancy tests up after dark and you have to call someone over to get you one. :
I don't know for the first part. Yes, I have a "double uterus".... but apparently it didn't stop Owen from being here I haven't seen a doctor in years (other than a quickie at the health department to get bc pills once a year) so I don't know any more details than I was told a pregnancy would have more complication risks (higher risk of miscarriage, higher risk of preterm labor and higher risk of stillbirth). Part of the reason why we would consider one more baby but probably not anymore after that. But all through my pregnancy with Owen (and 3 u/s) they never noticed anything different with my uterus. Only when I had that IUD in and was trying to get it out (and needed an u/s because the IUD was "lost") did they see anything different. Again, they didn't go into too many details though, just a "oh, this is why we couldn't find the IUD... because it was over on HERE, where we totally didn't expect it". When I went back to the dr they said their brief blurb on it but, honestly, I wasn't thinking about getting pregnant at the time so didn't even think to ask for more details.

And Jason plans on going to the gym tonight at 9. Which is right next to Kroger. Convenient, huh?? LOL!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page