What is harder than caring for triplets? I now have the answer! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Caring for SICK triplets while DH is out of town.

The trips are now 6.5 mo old (how is that possible!) and we have just weathered our first real triplet sickness, where each of them got the same respiratory illness. An insane 11 days, where mama got little to no sleep, but we survived and I am waving that flag proudly. I still am unsure whether it was an angel or a demon watching over me because when each babe needed me (I mean really, really needed a mama) the other two (or one) slept soundly allowing me to pay them their much-needed attention, but as soon as I would get that one to rest, another would wake. . . . angel or demon . . . hard to say. But alas, that which does not kill us. . . . . Just wanted to share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 PM

Oh dear! you are one seriously strong mama and I am in awe of you.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 AM

that is how it always was for me, too - getting "lucky" with 3 sick babies that I was only desperately needed by one at a time.

I'm glad they're feeling better, and I hope you all get a little extra rest soon!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:27 AM

you are supermama! you should be incredibly proud... caring for 1 sick baby is tough, let alone 2, let alone 3!! you're the bomb!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dividedsky View Post
you are supermama! you should be incredibly proud... caring for 1 sick baby is tough, let alone 2, let alone 3!! you're the bomb!
This!! I've had 3 sick too but at least one of them was a 7.5 year old who was just lying around. Three 6 month olds on my own - yikes! I hope you get some much needed rest soon.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

Old 06-18-2010, 11:22 AM

glad to hear you are on the other side of things. that must have been really hard. I hope you get a well deserved looooooong nap after all that!

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:57 PM

Glad everybody's well enough that you were able to get online.

Let's hope that same "angel?" makes sure DH is around when they all come down with a gastrointestinal illness at the same time. First time it happened to us, the triplets were 18 months and we were on vacation with my parents. All 4 kids and 3 adults came down with it. Needless to say the one healthy adult was wiped out by the time everybody else had recovered.

Kate
mother of Patrick (7/31/03), and Michael, William, and Jocelyn (4/27/07)
Old 06-19-2010, 02:27 AM

Ouch Kate, that sounds like the sixth circle of Hell!

To the OP, When my six all come down with something it's either heaven (they all sleep) or hell (they all cling and whine and need me at the same time). I cannot even fathom how hard that would be with three non-verbal infants!!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dividedsky View Post
yeah this!!!!

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

User Tag List