Just found out we are expecting twins! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so relieved/excited! I had really thought I was loosing my mind. Throughout this pregnancy I have told people how I didn't know what was wrong with me that none of my pregnancies had felt like this before. Constantly tired (for the first 2 months I was still nursing our toddler) and throwing up daily that just would NOT go away. So when I saw the two little heads bopping around on the ultrasound I was sooooo excited to see I was/am not either crazy or just grown incredible lazy!
We found out they are both boys during the ultrasound, and so far both boys look great. They have one outer bag of waters but have separate inner bags but the technician could not tell if there was 1 or 2 placentas yet. Some how during all my vomiting the guys have managed to grow really really well and both are "normal" size for a 17 week pregnancy.
Although this will make babies 6 & 7 for us (and also our last, dh is getting snipped) I feel so unprepared and nervous, I fear I will be aggravating all you ladies with a million questions soon.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#2 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 12:17 PM

CONGRATS!! I have 9mth old twin boys - who DID share a placenta - and they were also our last (only 4 and 5 for us tho! )

Tamika
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!
#3 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 01:20 PM

Congratulations! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#4 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Ask away, that's why we are all here! Not that we will have answers but we can definately understand what you going through. Our twin boys are #3 & 4 and a complete surprise pregnancy.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#5 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 01:13 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!!! My twins were also a "surprise!" and turned into "SUPRISE AGAIN!!!" at our 20 week ultrasound. They were #5 and 6 for our family, and also our last children.
#6 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all.
My head is full of silly questions that I know no one can answer because it varies so much from person to person. Like PLEASE tell me I will stop vomiting soon, will my old maternity clothes fit this time around, should I cave into my desire and buy a ton of matching clothes or is that going to mess the poor little guys up....
LOL But I will "try" to focus on the really tough questions. Thanks for the encouragement and well wishes this is such an exciting yet nerve tingling experience for us.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page