Pregnant w/ Multiples Chat Thread June/July - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 117 Old 07-21-2010, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We're definitely finding the sexes. Everyone is all "Don't you want to be surprised?!?!" and I tell them I got my big surprise when she said "Twins." I think more surprise would kill me, LOL!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 117 Old 07-21-2010, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cant wait to hear the news Annette! i will definitely be finding out, there is just so much logistics in twin and supplies. and everyone asked over and over, i would rather not get tons of yellow baby things. even though i'm not big into the blue/pink thing, i do feel it will be good to pick two colors and start kinda color coding things for the twins. So knowing the sexes would be nice, it will let me get more of a feeling for them. plus im having a hard time with names, so not having to find 4 that i love would be nice.

So jealous of those that can feel them already, im sure i will eat those words! but right now i still feel so unpreggo it is strange and disheartening. heck im in the second trimester tomorrow!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#93 of 117 Old 07-21-2010, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

All updated and folks are added to the main list! Welcome ladies!!!

i started off this pregnancy at 5'6"-5'7" and 171lbs, now at 13weeks i am not up to 181. I am letting it happen pretty naturally, just making sure i am getting my food from good things. and boy i'm always hungry! i would like to stick to the rough guide of 1 pound per week and more interested to making sure i am getting that in the first half.

i was getting more than a little sad about my figure before i got preggo, so in one way it is nice to think of my body differently and in another way i worry about my lumps still. for the most part i am loving how my body is taking care of me and these two little ones and trusting that nursing and caring for me first kids will help me work it off again. there is pretty much no way in the world that i will remain as inactive as i have been in the last few years once i have twins, and that is such a good thing!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#94 of 117 Old 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM

On the plus side, we should drop lots of weight upon delivery.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#95 of 117 Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 PM

I'm excited for you tomorrow Annette! It's fun to know... 2 girls is still sinking in!

thanks to everyone for sharing their weight gain stories so far (I apologize if I made anyone feel uncomfortable with sharing, and I know it varies a lot from person to person). I'm Ok with gaining weight... I just thought it came on quickly. I assume there will be growth spurts and slower growth times (is that what others have experienced?). I don't think I'll be able to move if I keep up the 4.5 lb per week gain for the next 19 weeks!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#96 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 01:20 PM

Good luck today Annette!

Something funny-- my OB hasn't weighed me in weeks! And I don't own a scale so I have no idea how much I've gained. The reason is that I've had all my last few visits up in the u/s department-- I just schedule them on days when she's the one on call up there. And then they also do my blood pressure and urine up there-- so I don't need to trudge down to her actual office and wait all over again. I guess she isn't too worried about my weight as long as everything else looks good (the babies are gaining, cervix closed, blood pressure good, etc). I'm kind of curious but not curious enough to actually invest in a scale.

I definitely FEEL like there are growth spurts. I'll get all achy and feel uncomfortably "stretched" for a few days and start thinking that I really can't possibly continue like this until Nov. Then things seem to even out until the next spurt.

And- I'm starting to get strangers making comments about how I must be due really soon. That must count as some kind of significant milestone in twin pregnancies, right?
#97 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 01:21 PM

We're having a boy and a girl!!!!!!

#98 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 PM

Oh, and pics!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=e3f94bfcb3

The last six are the most recent.

#99 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats on the discovery Annette! They look great, still amazed that they can actually determine sexes with those images!!

#100 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 04:27 PM

Oh yay congrats Annette!!! The pics are so sweet!

Mama to a zoo!
#101 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 08:33 PM

Congrats Annette!
#102 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

i would like to whine for a moment, is that alright ladies?

i am feeling like my birth experience is slipping away before i even get a chance, i cant find a birthcenter in the DC area to take twins.

i have always assumed that i would have a water birth and it would be someplace calm and inline with my feelings that pregnancy and birth are not medical issues. now here i am with what will most very likely be my only birth experience and things look like they are headed in such a different direction.

since i am on military health coverage, i have very little choice in who i go to see, i was willing to pay for a birthcenter out of pocket to have the birth i wanted. but from the calls i have made so far, including one to a lady in DC that ran one of the best centers, she does not not know of any center that can take me. I have no other issues, just the twins, how can this be do hard.

i did get a name of a homebirth midwife that does twins, but i do not think in the depth of winter with a first birth im totally comfortable with that, maybe if i end up living pretty close to the hospital. and then if i end up comfortable with that, my husband is surely not going to be, i know he would probably get out of my way and let me do whatever i choose, but he is part of this and i do not think this is just about me (maybe mostly about me though)

i was born on my moms bed, into my dads arms. it never occurred to me that my child's birth would be any different. im just in shock.

i have my next appointment with a military midwife that i have spoken to before prior to getting preggo and she is a huge water birth advocate, i really look forward to talking to here and seeing if she has any insight or advice on how to work on getting a good birth. thats not for 2.5 weeks though, and i keep worrying that once i figure out what needs to be done, someone will tell me that i needed to arrange for it a month ago!

ok im going to go breathe or eat protein or something, this is the first time in this whole adventure that im getting myself too worked up

#103 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 PM

Congratulations Annettemarie!

Adorkable first off the first page that you updated looks GREAT! You really do a remarkable job of keeping up with all of us and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time and trouble to do that for us. I that you posted the link to QuennofChaos' birth story.

Also Adorkable I can so sympathise with you about birthing plan frustrations. I had a mind blowing frustrating appointment at my MW office today, I am going to post for advice over at the Birthing forum, and have spent the rest of the day crying. I will be thinking and praying for you and your little ones, why cant they just trust us and let us have our babies without turning it into a 3 ring circus????

On the good side of things my ultrasound today was great. Baby B was confirmed 100% definitely a boy, so maybe I will stop having those wacky baby girl dreams? They have both grown really well and as far as physical stats both the boys and myself couldn't be healthier.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#104 of 117 Old 07-22-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
i would like to whine for a moment, is that alright ladies?

i am feeling like my birth experience is slipping away before i even get a chance, i cant find a birthcenter in the DC area to take twins.

i have always assumed that i would have a water birth and it would be someplace calm and inline with my feelings that pregnancy and birth are not medical issues. now here i am with what will most very likely be my only birth experience and things look like they are headed in such a different direction.

since i am on military health coverage, i have very little choice in who i go to see, i was willing to pay for a birthcenter out of pocket to have the birth i wanted. but from the calls i have made so far, including one to a lady in DC that ran one of the best centers, she does not not know of any center that can take me. I have no other issues, just the twins, how can this be do hard.

i did get a name of a homebirth midwife that does twins, but i do not think in the depth of winter with a first birth im totally comfortable with that, maybe if i end up living pretty close to the hospital. and then if i end up comfortable with that, my husband is surely not going to be, i know he would probably get out of my way and let me do whatever i choose, but he is part of this and i do not think this is just about me (maybe mostly about me though)

i was born on my moms bed, into my dads arms. it never occurred to me that my child's birth would be any different. im just in shock.

i have my next appointment with a military midwife that i have spoken to before prior to getting preggo and she is a huge water birth advocate, i really look forward to talking to here and seeing if she has any insight or advice on how to work on getting a good birth. thats not for 2.5 weeks though, and i keep worrying that once i figure out what needs to be done, someone will tell me that i needed to arrange for it a month ago!

ok im going to go breathe or eat protein or something, this is the first time in this whole adventure that im getting myself too worked up
i seem to remember reading a birth story over at parentingtwinsnaturally.com that included a midwife that has done tons of twin homebirths in the dc area...more twin births than any ob, even...im pretty sure i read that.

maybe if you figure out what about a home birth scares you so much you can inform yourself of the real risk and just keep an eye on your pregnancy...and use your intuition if you feel like the hospital is your best option...

i feel the same way. this is my final pregnancy/birth and my last two were awesome home births...i'd assumed this one would be the same...but my mw's have more than likely risked me out. im a vbac...and my hospital, i think, will only do vaginal birth if both twins are vertex...and even then its in an operating room in case of 'emergency'...

i hope we all discover the birth we want.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#105 of 117 Old 07-23-2010, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBreeze View Post
Adorkable first off the first page that you updated looks GREAT! You really do a remarkable job of keeping up with all of us and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time and trouble to do that for us. I that you posted the link to QuennofChaos' birth story.

Also Adorkable I can so sympathise with you about birthing plan frustrations. I had a mind blowing frustrating appointment at my MW office today, I am going to post for advice over at the Birthing forum, and have spent the rest of the day crying.
thanks, i'm glad to hear that ladies like the thread, it means a ton for me, i feel like i am among cohorts here more than anywhere else.
Sorry you had a hard appointment, big hug, its ok to just cry every so often

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydodson View Post
i seem to remember reading a birth story over at parentingtwinsnaturally.com that included a midwife that has done tons of twin homebirths in the dc area...more twin births than any ob, even...im pretty sure i read that.

maybe if you figure out what about a home birth scares you so much you can inform yourself of the real risk and just keep an eye on your pregnancy...and use your intuition if you feel like the hospital is your best option...

i hope we all discover the birth we want.
yeah i have a name of a MW that is known for that, probably the same lady, i am gong to talk with her certainly. Im open to a homebirth in general and so is my mom who will be my main support system.
i dont think that home birth scares me, i just question wether any transfer that might be justified would be extra stressful and even be done sooner rather than later because of winter and traffic in DC in Jan. if i had a really calm stable midwife, that may go a long way to calming me. where i end up living in relation to our hospital would also affect this options viability.

#106 of 117 Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 AM

Adorkable -- I understand your frustration completely. I was pretty much in the same spot at about the same stage of my pregnancy. I encourage you to explore your various options and find the right fit in a provider.

I was seeking someone who would deliver the twins in home and found out that the only MW that would was over 2 hours away. While I am not a super fast laborer, that didnt sit well with me. I also looked into the hospital that we'd transfer to -- not such a great option.

There is an AMAZING homebirth MW in my area that I am doing collaborative care with and she explained to me her reasons for why she didnt feel comfortable with being home. Her back up OB has a 10% c/s rate, is very supportive of natural birth yet very skilled for those situations where medical intervention is necessary.

For me that was the best balance. I do my care with her primarily (in her home) but see her OB for some prenatals. They are very hands off... I'm almost 28 weeks and have only had one ultrasound (getting next one today). I have declined some testing they've offered and they both have been very respectful of that. When it comes to labor time, I call her, decide with her when to go to the hospital, she will be my montrice and he will catch the babies... No OR, no NICU, no drama (unless it becomes necessary) B/C I know they are very much pro natural birth and have good judgement I feel like IF it came time for an intervention, I know they would be suggestiing it b/c it is the best option for us.

Did I let go of what I invisioned some? Yes, I did. Through it though I think I have prepared myself even more for this birth. So I just wanted to give you hugs and tell you I've been there and I understand completely. Keep seeking the right provider and know you will find a good match.
#107 of 117 Old 07-27-2010, 06:55 PM

Hi all. I am Sara and I am also new to the forums.
I will be 28 when the twins are born, DH - 35
Mono/DI
3rd and 4th children
EDD Nov.19
Saskatchewan, Canada
#108 of 117 Old 08-02-2010, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome June Bug!!!!! And welcome to the "club" as it were. There is some great been there done that info to wander thru whenever you have time, I scanned back over pages and pages of the parenting multiples when we first found out, and it answered tons of questions and helped me think about tons of things I would have never even known to ask.

Also have you joined the Nov Due Date Club? It's great to have a large group of ladies that are in the same time frame as you are, I'm sure they would love to see you.

General pregnancy questions that are not twin focused or things you are comparing with your due date club are usually asked in the main I'm Pregnant area that way more ladies see it and can respond and more of us can share and learn for the info you get or give.

Welcome to Mothering.com!!

#109 of 117 Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

so I'm 15 weeks today, wow.
I have my next appointment in a week and I still really don't know if I should be getting an amnio.
My nt scan looked good but I won't have all the blood test back till at least 20 weeks and seems late to make decisions based on them ( plus I understand how these blood test with twin is less reliable)
Question about that, I totally get that it is kinda a average of the two babies, so less clear, but doesnt that mean that a really good outcome would be pretty accurate and that just a middle of the road one could men many things?

Anyway just working to figure things out, starting to lean back to not getting the amnio, not totally there yet. Dh is about the same place. I might feel a lot better if i could get my anatomy u/s a tad on the early side, like 18w before we leave so I could base deceptions on that.
My military hospital does not usually do them before 19 weeks, so I'm going to be asking for a special case order because of the moving and timing.

The big thing on looking forward to this next appointment is talking to this great CNM that I get to see, she is very pro water birth and last we spoke she was working to get it ok'd for military hospitals, that was 3 years ago, so I want to know where she has gotten. And also hopefully she might have some advice and in site into the locations available to me in DC. I'm really sad I can just keep her, I really liked her when she did my preconceptions checkup ( can't believe that was 3 years ago! Gack this took so long.

How's the rest of the gang feeling?

#110 of 117 Old 08-06-2010, 12:03 AM

How is everyone doing? I am 22 weeks and exhuasted. We have this college reunion thingie we do every year. Unfortunately, it was our turn to host-- 4 days, 5 families, 25 people!!!! I sucked it up and asked each family to make a meal. I took two and 2 breakfasts were just cereal/fruit/whatever. Anyway, we survived! In a way, it was great being pregnant because things that normally would have stressed me out, I just didn't care.

Here's my favorite picture. I look awful, but the kids were so funny. "Look, we're pregnant with twins too!" LOL!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ie/Bellies.jpg

You know that feeling you get at the end of pregnancy, where it feels like someone kicked you in the vulva? I have that now.

#111 of 117 Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 AM

I forgot to mention-- after my ultrasound high, I had to deal with the most negative midwife ever. The doctors I've talked to were more positive about me having a vaginal birth! The babies are both transverse and I said something like "They still have plenty of time to turn head down, right?" And she said "Well, don't get your heart set on a vaginal birth. You could push one out and we could still have to knock you out and slice you open to take the other one out." I mean, what the heck?!?!

#112 of 117 Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 AM

One last thing (honest, LOL!)-- she was also annoyed with me because I accidentally on purpose forgot to get my GD bloodwork done at 16 weeks. It just seemed ridiculously early to me and I was still barfing all the time. So she gave me the paperwork again and said to go get it right away because I would have to do it again at 24 weeks. This makes no sense to me, so I decided I was going to go get it done next Friday, when I'll be almost 24 weeks and they should still get the results for my next appointment.

I am no good at the hospital birth after homebirth thing.

#113 of 117 Old 08-06-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I forgot to mention-- after my ultrasound high, I had to deal with the most negative midwife ever. The doctors I've talked to were more positive about me having a vaginal birth! The babies are both transverse and I said something like "They still have plenty of time to turn head down, right?" And she said "Well, don't get your heart set on a vaginal birth. You could push one out and we could still have to knock you out and slice you open to take the other one out." I mean, what the heck?!?!
Oh AnnetteMarie! How did you keep from going off the deep end on this woman? You are a far better person than me, I would definitely write up formal complaint against her. But then again I have been super emotional about this issue so maybe I am over reacting... but seriously?!?!?! "Slice you open" OMG yes, I would be furious. Oh, and your pic with the kids was adorable! Very sweet, and how cool that you and your college friends still get together.

Junebug25 Congratulations.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#114 of 117 Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Hey ladies!
I'm still here and 21 weeks today. LOL its funny how grossly pregnant I feel already. But still I think I'm pretty small for two babies.

I'm so sorry to hear about everyone and their birth plans potentially not woking out like you hoped.

I'm still planning a homebirth provided we hit 36 weeks. I am currently in the middle of a midwife swtich though. I'm not happy with my current midwife and will be switching soon, we start interviewing with midwives next week. I'm a bit nervous but really think the homebirth will work out. Hopefully babies will cooperate and get into good positions.

Annette- That midwife you need to tell her to suck your big toe. My DS2 was flipping all over the place in there during my ultrasound. In a one hour period he changed position 3 times. So they still have LOTS of room. I know a VBAC mom on her 2nd set of twins where her baby A flipped to head down while laboring and prepping for a C-section. She was able to deliver drug free VBAC with twins! So stay positive.

I think one right now is footling because the kicks to the cervix don't feel plesant!! Or someone has a good punch already!

I'm trying really hard to not be stressed out during this pregnancy. So... here's to hopeing I can stay that way as things start to get closer and closer.

Anyone doing a nursery? We aren't fully but sorta... hubby is building our crib since I cannot take all the recalls. I'm super excited for that to be done soon!

Mama to a zoo!
#115 of 117 Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 PM

I know I have lots of time for babies to move about. I guess my big fear is that my kiddos tend to "lock and load" pretty early on. I'm catching Baby A's heartbeat down under my belly button, which I guess is a sign of a heads down baby? But, we'll see. I went to Spinning Babies but it seemed like I would have to pay for the real info, and I just can't do that right now.

#116 of 117 Old 08-07-2010, 03:34 PM

Hey, 10 weeks 3 days here, still earlydays...still in the throes of puking and laying down 24/7.
I peed the bed last night in my sleep. wtf? Somehow in my drugged sleep(phenergan) i was laying on my stomach, still a luxury at this point in twin pregnancy, i know, and my hand must have went on my bladder, i woke up peeing on my hand. yay me.

Anyway, going to OB appt next wednesday, got my WIC appt next tuesday too. The 19th I have my NT scan. I am feeling the babies move already...its pretty neat. I am so tired of feeling sick though. I miss my life.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#117 of 117 Old 08-07-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Bummer on the peeing, I have a few nights that felt like I caught it just in time, really strange having your body go thru so much.

August's Thread is Up and Running! http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1251138

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page